GDT: Group A • Dec. 28 • Russia 3, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Guys, I was impressed by our defenders. We have some reall talent on D for the future. Russian junior stars were even frustrated sometimes. :handclap:

Congratulation to Russia ;)

Dares

May 13, 2009
A lot of good chances but as vostok said passes were all other the place...even commentators on fasthockey were saying that when theres no traffic in front of goal shots need to be low as to get rebounds...
Kuznetsov = useless, trying to do too much by himself, once gets puck as is in slow motion, freezes with puck for too long
Bragin is too soft on him...needs to treat him like the others

Kucherov - likes ********* it up when on a good chance, breakaway, etc
his goal means nothing, other than that last 2 games he was 0 , i get impression he slows down his line, they supposed to have great chemistry and its like he sees Grig and Gusev for first time

Yakupov...great hands in high traffic..tries to do too much

Didnt pay much attention to him but didint like Apalkov..too sloppy

They had chances...first 2 periods controlled the game entirely
Were shooting the puck a lot ( a lot for russians)... was loooking for more shooting but after a while i think thats why they didnt score more...i think they need average amount of shots...didnt see any typical russian puck movement...they changed their style bit too much tonight and thats why they didnt score more... my opinion...

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Nice to see them get the 3 points. Their defense was very impressive tonight. Thought it was going to be the achilles heal of the team, but they really shone brightly tonight. They're a very tough group to play against.

Nice to see Kucherov find his hands again. Hopefully he can get on a bit of a role now and start clicking with all those nice Gusev & Grigorenko feeds he gets.

Yakupov really seems to be forcing it. That all-OHL line may need to be broken up.

VladNYC*

Need MOAR Gusev!! He had some amazing passes. They need to get this guy more ice time so his line can gel and finish his passes. This team has NO Chemistry so far. I hope we wind up losing and having to play an extra game. We need it.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Russia had a great first period where they totally dominated, but couldn't finish at all. This lack of finish is becoming the theme of this team and it's really worrying me for when the more important games come.

I'm not sure why, but in the 2nd and 3rd periods Russia seemed to get a lot more sloppy in their plays whether it's passing or players trying to do too much on their own.

It seems like the team has a collection of very good individual players who can't put it together as a team - perhaps they need some time and hopefully they can do that tomorrow against Latvia.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Russia had a great first period where they totally dominated, but couldn't finish at all.

I don't agree. Many shots doesn't necessarily equate to many scoring chances. Most of the shots in the first period were from a great distance, or first shots. Very few rebounds and threatening plays.

rushockey

Oct 4, 2010
Calgary
www.rushockey.com
Back from the game, I sat next to Grigorenko's parents. Both are very knowledgeable, no surprise I guess. Kind of learnt the reason why Grigorenko left Russia, it is not my story to tell so I'll skip that.

The game itself was everything I expected. Slovaks played well as a team, they were very disciplined and majority of time they played as 4 defenseman and one forward. Again and again you would see 4 of them lining up to meet the Russians. I do understand why they had to do that in order to give themselves a chance to win.

Some of the things I have seen in this game: Bragin continues rolling all 4 lines. It is very annoying because I watch certain players and they show up once in a blue moon. I think because of that Kuznetsov literally does not want to leave the ice. He plays long shifts and as the result the efficiency of him and his line is low. Almost every Kuznetsov's shift was as long as Slovaks two shifts. Russia's top players just do not touch the puck enough to get into the rhythm of the game. But I also see why Bragin would want to do that, he gets to see every player in different situation so when the things get tougher the rotation will tighten.

Makarov looked nervous, more nervous than Vaslevsky in game one. He also made several key saves but all in all as a coach I would feel better with Vasilevsky.

GGK line was off today. You could see it right after the first shift. Gusev made some nice passes, but also had a couple of turnovers I hated. Grigorenko was off, had too many mistakes but made a great play on the third goal. Kucherov was better than the other linemates in terms of overall play, he killed penalties nicely.

Khokhlachev line was on and off, Yakupov played better than the first game, hopefully each following game will be better. Telegin had a subpar game, Khokhlachev played ok I thought.

Kuznetsov was a monster again, he is a gamebreaker type of player. You can see he is tuning himself up little by little. I am just not so sure if his linemates are up to task.

The jury is still out on the defense, I thought they committed less errors this time around but it is also partially because swiss are much harder forecheckers.

There were definitely some positives that Russia should build on, but changes are also needed, I would consider shuffling the lines somehow.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru
Back from the game, I sat next to Grigorenko's parents. Both are very knowledgeable, no surprise I guess. Kind of learnt the reason why Grigorenko left Russia, it is not my story to tell so I'll skip that.

The game itself was everything I expected. Slovaks played well as a team, they were very disciplined and majority of time they played as 4 defenseman and one forward. Again and again you would see 4 of them lining up to meet the Russians. I do understand why they had to do that in order to give themselves a chance to win.

Some of the things I have seen in this game: Bragin continues rolling all 4 lines. It is very annoying because I watch certain players and they show up once in a blue moon. I think because of that Kuznetsov literally does not want to leave the ice. He plays long shifts and as the result the efficiency of him and his line is low. Almost every Kuznetsov's shift was as long as Slovaks two shifts. Russia's top players just do not touch the puck enough to get into the rhythm of the game. But I also see why Bragin would want to do that, he gets to see every player in different situation so when the things get tougher the rotation will tighten.

Makarov looked nervous, more nervous than Vaslevsky in game one. He also made several key saves but all in all as a coach I would feel better with Vasilevsky.

GGK line was off today. You could see it right after the first shift. Gusev made some nice passes, but also had a couple of turnovers I hated. Grigorenko was off, had too many mistakes but made a great play on the third goal. Kucherov was better than the other linemates in terms of overall play, he killed penalties nicely.

Khokhlachev line was on and off, Yakupov played better than the first game, hopefully each following game will be better. Telegin had a subpar game, Khokhlachev played ok I thought.

Kuznetsov was a monster again, he is a gamebreaker type of player. You can see he is tuning himself up little by little. I am just not so sure if his linemates are up to task.

The jury is still out on the defense, I thought they committed less errors this time around but it is also partially because swiss are much harder forecheckers.

There were definitely some positives that Russia should build on, but changes are also needed, I would consider shuffling the lines somehow.

the story about grigorenko is known to everyone, who was following it, no need to play a detective here. I thought Telegin was the better player on his line today. I think Kuznetsov is trying to do too much by himself and has ZERO chemistry with his linemates. The difference between the star and a starlette is that the star is making everyone around him better, which Kuznetsov is NOT doing, but then again he had a slow start last year as well and looked awful in the first 2 games or so. I thought the best line was the 4th, played very hard, especially Barbashev. And thank you to CSKA guys for pulling yet another game for team Russia.

Harikkerk

Dec 27, 2011
Sweden
Good to see neither the Swiss or Slovakians won't give Russia more than 3 goals...

Brighter future for those underdogs ;)

Kaktus*

I did not see this one :( Any links for replay?

Was watching HBO 24/7 and forgot about WJC.

Ari91

Nov 24, 2010
Toronto
Good game between the two teams. I was impressed with the Slovaks. They really stayed committed to their system which was all about defense and keeping opportunities to the outside. Well the only exception was the last goal against which was right in front of the net (the Slovak goalie looked in good position but somehow the shooter found a hole to put the puck through), the other goals came from the outside. They played a system that gave them the best chance to win and even though they didn't, they were in the game to the very end. I think the Russian team will get better as they play more games. They seemed to turn the puck over a lot but going back to the first point, the Slovaks were key on defense and they didn't give the Russians much room to set up in their zone. They potted the goals when it counted. Doesn't matter how much you win by, just as long as you win and the Russians found a way to win.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
the story about grigorenko is known to everyone, who was following it, no need to play a detective here. I thought Telegin was the better player on his line today. I think Kuznetsov is trying to do too much by himself and has ZERO chemistry with his linemates. The difference between the star and a starlette is that the star is making everyone around him better, which Kuznetsov is NOT doing, but then again he had a slow start last year as well and looked awful in the first 2 games or so. I thought the best line was the 4th, played very hard, especially Barbashev. And thank you to CSKA guys for pulling yet another game for team Russia.

is the story with Grigorenko that CSKA wouldn't let him play on the main team?

and I agree with Kuznetsov. he is trying to be the "hero" again for us and is focusing on that more than just trying to play

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010

and I agree with Kuznetsov. he is trying to be the "hero" again for us and is focusing on that more than just trying to play

no, it is not. I spoke to PR manager of CSKA last summer and he said, CSKA wanted to give Grigorenko chance in KHL. Yes, he did not play KHL last season and he COULD NOT according to rules.

cska78

Nov 27, 2006
USA
www.fc-rostov.ru

um, first of all he's only 17, there are players in the que who are older and have achieved WAY more. He (his parents) believed that he's good enough to play in the KHL and CSKA is Pejorative Sluring his developmnet, that's why the sqirmish with Slava Butsaev, then a coach of red-army and now Supler's assistant in the big club.

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
um, first of all he's only 17, there are players in the que who are older and have achieved WAY more. He (his parents) believed that he's good enough to play in the KHL and CSKA is Pejorative Sluring his developmnet, that's why the sqirmish with Slava Butsaev, then a coach of red-army and now Supler's assistant in the big club.

thanks.

do you think it was the right thing for him to do and leave?

antidotevsk

May 10, 2009
Voskresensk, Russia
Barbashev didn't play on the 4th line!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad