GDT: Group A • Dec. 28 • Russia 3, Slovakia 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pouskin74*

Pretty damn much, this is not a long tournament. See what happened, in when Finland lost to Canada? all faith is gone and everybody expects USA to blow out Finland Switzerland was better than Russia throughout the game but Russia scored the goals. Maybe they just wanted to be defensive and let their goalie be warm or they were just that bad to give Switzerland some huge chances to score. If they play the same, Slovaks have a chance in this because IMO there are better goal scorers in team Slovakia.
i think only finnish fans lost their faith but none else. so if you like i can be your psychologist:laugh:

Kaktus*

How could possible Russia disappoint you as clearly you've been cheering against Russia no matter what team Russia plays against?
Because they did not lose yet. :)

Anyway, I think this will be a good game. Russians will make mistakes on D but unmatched o-sive fire power will bring us victory.
I’d like to see us ppaying better D. Our biggest problem every year.

Zamuz

Oct 27, 2011
Finland
How could possible Russia disappoint you as clearly you've been cheering against Russia no matter what team Russia plays against?

Because of all the overhype how you have best team in ages speculation before the tournament. It surely is so but something tells me that despite all that material they have, they are a weak team in the tournament and is no contest when the big teams comes against them.

Well to be honest Russia didn't diappoint me, their game was as expected. Nothing stunning and spectacular, alot of skill but yet they couldn't dominate a much weaker team in paper.

pouskin74*

Because of all the overhype how you have best team in ages speculation before the tournament. It surely is so but something tells me that despite all that material they have, they are a weak team in the tournament and is no contest when the big teams comes against them.

Well to be honest Russia didn't diappoint me, their game was as expected. Nothing stunning and spectacular, alot of skill but yet they couldn't dominate a much weaker team in paper.

my offer is still available:nod:

MOGiLNY

Jul 7, 2003
Toronto
Visit site

Yes, but aside from last year's unexepcted win, if you look at the recent Russian teams and their performance, it's not unrealistic to expect this team to be one of the better ones in quite some time.

When was the last time Russia had the top 2 ISS ranked players on the same team? Not since Malkin/Ovechkin.

Nobody is saying that Russia is going to win the gold easily, all we are saying is that compared to our own teams, this is a pretty good one.

Tommy14

Dec 28, 2011
Praha, CZ
Got a bit of an issue with fasthockey. I am in Slovakia currently so I should be able to see the Slovakia games for free. The issue is that I signed up yesterday but I couldn't watch the archived game today without paying 6.99 (I didn't want to get up at 4am). Anyone watch the games on fasthockey? Can you confirm that you can watch it for free if you are located in Slovakia? Can you only watch it for free if you watch the live stream?

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Got a bit of an issue with fasthockey. I am in Slovakia currently so I should be able to see the Slovakia games for free. The issue is that I signed up yesterday but I couldn't watch the archived game today without paying 6.99 (I didn't want to get up at 4am). Anyone watch the games on fasthockey? Can you confirm that you can watch it for free if you are located in Slovakia? Can you only watch it for free if you watch the live stream?

Seems that way. I didn´t have any problems watching the game live (or the U17 team game in the WSSC for that matter), btu when I log in now and try to watch SVK-LAT on demand I get the buy button next to it.

Tommy14

Dec 28, 2011
Praha, CZ
Seems that way. I didn´t have any problems watching the game live (or the U17 team game in the WSSC for that matter), btu when I log in now and try to watch SVK-LAT on demand I get the buy button next to it.

Ok, that makes sense now, I guess I'm not going crazy. So, I guess I'll be up at 4am watching the SVK-RUS game on fasthockey. Wait, I guess that does mean I am crazy :shakehead

Slovensko do toho!

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
I guess I'll be up at 4am watching the SVK-RUS game on fasthockey.

As far as I understand it could be the IP address issue related the FastHockey’s blackout policy. E.g. If you are located in a country where an official media company has the rights to broadcast its National team games, you are out of luck. I’m located in Canada and I can’t watch any of Team Canada games on FastHockey. Though I can watch any other team – no problem.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
As far as I understand it could be the IP address issue related the FastHockey’s blackout policy. E.g. If you are located in a country where an official media company has the rights to broadcast its National team games, you are out of luck. I’m located in Canada and I can’t watch any of Team Canada games on FastHockey. Though I can watch any other team – no problem.

Nope, that´s not it, none of Slovak media are showing anything from the tourney. An as I said the live stream worked well for everyone over here AFAIK.

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
Nope, that´s not it, none of Slovak media are showing anything from the tourney.

You are right. Slovakia is not in the blackout list. At least according to FastHockey

Games will be blacked out when broadcast locally as fans can watch through their local broadcasters in Canada, the Czech Republic, Finland, Russia, Sweden and the United States

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Ok, that makes sense now, I guess I'm not going crazy. So, I guess I'll be up at 4am watching the SVK-RUS game on fasthockey. Wait, I guess that does mean I am crazy :shakehead

Slovensko do toho!

I have a feeling there will be any russian stream.. so you dont have to use fasthockey (or another posters). but you have to wake up at 4am ;)

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Nope, that´s not it, none of Slovak media are showing anything from the tourney. An as I said the live stream worked well for everyone over here AFAIK.

wehokej24.sk writes about WJC a lot. If speaking about televisions you are right - NOTHING

c9gunner

Dec 24, 2011
wow.. What is the reason?

I guess it's the same reason as usual - money. I bet if our guys didn't take gold a year ago, people in Russia wouldn't be able to watch the round robin games this year. NTV (Gazprom) paid for the rights this time.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I guess it's the same reason as usual - money. I bet if our guys didn't take gold a year ago, people in Russia wouldn't be able to watch the round robin games this year. NTV (Gazprom) paid for the rights this time.

Actually, that´s not the official reason- believe it or not we were told that they decided not to show the preliminary round games as there was no signal made from the relegation round and if we ended there they couldn´t show the most important games for Slovaks, so they decided it was better not to show any games at all. As mental as that sounds, that´s what STV presented. They said they would show the QF though if the team made it. They have actually shown Slovak preliminary round games for the past three years and last season they even showed a non Slovakia preliminary game.

But you´re most probably right and that´s the true reason.

But Otto Sýkora´s plan to get more youth hockey on TV is not faring too well so far...

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
wow.. What is the reason?
according to slovak public tv (which broadcasted previous WJCs) - most important (for fans, tv rating) games of slovak NT will be in relegation round (yes, they knew Slovakia will play relegetion before WJC started :D) and these games are not broadcasted by canadian tv - so no signal.

as c9gunner wrote, it is about money.

EDIT:
slovakiasnextone has written the same earlier

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Russia looked pretty bad against Switzerland, but Slovakia isn't very good either, they have little offence, and that was Switzerland's problem Monday, they created chances but not the can't miss chances. Russia gets a 2nd straight shutout 5-0

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
2004 World Junior Championships in Hameenlinna:

Slovakia 2 Russia 2

Goals:
Ovechkin (Shkotov, Pesuntov)
Ruzicka (Bulik, Spirko)
Shkotov (Ovechkin, Korneev)
Sagat (Balaz)

Goaltenders: Barulin (RUS), Halak (SVK)

Status
Not open for further replies.