GDT: Gold Medal Game Period 2 | USA vs Canada | 1/5 @ 9:30PM ET| TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telos

In Byfield We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
It's tough. I am not a fan of the photo and the garbage can nonsense. Sure, they are kids, and they had to amp themselves up going into this game and I am sure confidence is through the roof right now, but they can probably do without that. In the end, it's not THAT egregious though.

I mean, I am rooting for Lias Andersson right now at LA's training camp and he seems to have matured quite a bit since his incident. So, there's a lot of development on and off the ice ahead for all these kids. I wouldn't throw them under the bus just as I wouldn't throw Team Canada under the bus with any crazy overreactions of how they failed or dishonored their country. Canada played a pretty hard-fought game and came very close to getting back into it many times.

Now, these kids are going to mix back into the same teams, and let's see them all develop in the NHL! The hockey season is right around the corner!

blindpass

May 7, 2010
They were one of the most talented teams ever. That doesn't mean they were going to win.
It was a deep team, but most years they have a bigger game breaker than they had this year. I think it was pretty hard to measure them with the schedule they had and people got a little caught up in the easy path they had. That said, the games against Finland and Russia were pretty impressive.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

End on a Hinote

Registered Abuser
Aug 22, 2011
Northern British Columbia
Lmao, love the trashcan. It's where all the candian trash talk can go. After we beat Finland this is all I saw from Canada fans around here and on social media "lol usa celebrating like they won gold. Get ready to taste silver. Gonna get smashed tomorrow. Canada has a world beating team. Get the celebrations out now because you wont be celebrating tomorrow."

Well.....you changed fast.

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
The whole first line for Germany was a coming out party for the emerging development programs in that nation, not just Stutzle...

Zegras... passe'... :laugh:

Heinola as a Jets fan... makes Me appreciate Chevy and the European Jet scouts... Thx Rangers... Pionk and We get Heinola...

Lundell impressed Me...

Byrum was incredible once the real games started... and his emotions tonight showed Me something... He doesn't have to give a shit... soon he will make max entry level... most likely win a couple of Cups with Colorado... in 4 years make 4 to 5 mill' a year... and if He stays healthy 'uge money... but where is his mind at...?

Despair at not executing in a game that was so important to him...

I would want that guy on My team.... :clap:
Nicely put. I contemplated adding Byrum and Lundell, but I was leaning more along the lines of players I hadnt familiarized myself with before the WJHC and that ended up catching my attention.

Players that made me do a double take and say “Who in the flying (expletive) is that guy? And which team had the luxury/smarts of drafting him?

Askarov on other hand, was one of those players that I obviously heard a bit about, but he just didn't seem to meet the hype he received heading into the WJHC.

I think it goes without saying that it was great to get hockey back (if only to make armchair GM assessments of players).

i think we can all agree these are very young kids with plenty of potential, and only time will tell.

Great tourny, great chat board, see “ya’ll” (US reference out of respect) next year.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
ErBuWIDXYAETemd

Conspiracy Theorist

Jan 30, 2016
Lmao, love the trashcan. It's where all the candian trash talk can go. After we beat Finland this is all I saw from Canada fans around here and on social media "lol usa celebrating like they won gold. Get ready to taste silver. Gonna get smashed tomorrow. Canada has a world beating team. Get the celebrations out now because you wont be celebrating tomorrow. No more shootouts, the only way you can beat us."
Sweden did that in 2014.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Not a huge fan of the garbage can thing. You can't blame the players on team Canada for whatever perceived slights may have come from the Canadian media. Would have been more appropriate if they had put the TSN logo on there.

As an American and US hockey fan I’m disappointed. Let the media be the media. You shoved it in their face by winning. I’m never a fan of disrespecting another countries flag or holding an entire country responsible for a few people. Team Canada has an all time tournament and played their hearts out.

also, some of these kids on USA will Maybe end up possibly playing for Canadian teams in the nhl and for the ones that don’t they will have many Canadian teammates.

not cool. Win with class and stay humble.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
That's all fine and well, but specifically bringing out a garbage can out for a photo with your opponent's logo slapped on it is clearly something different.
Not if the end goal was Team Canada. But who cares. They are kids and its just a picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad