GDT: Gold Medal Game Period 2 | USA vs Canada | 1/5 @ 9:30PM ET| TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
This was supposed to be a curbstomping by Canada.

The game reminded me of the scene in Missouri Breaks where horse thieves go across the border to Canada and steal all the Mounties' horses while they were doing choir practice.

Reactions: Devonator

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Lmao if you are complaining about the barrel you've never been in a locker room, that is like the least harsh thing I have ever heard about an opponent after a win

Reactions: crowi

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Seems to me that Canadians getting upset about Team America having a barrel on the ice as part of a long standing motivating quote are more just upset that Team America is taking the gold medal photo and this is their outlet.

KingLB

Oct 29, 2008
That’s actually wuite clever and changes how I view it; maybe a trash can was not the best barrel choice

I mean how many different barrels are in a hockey arena?

Not if the end goal was Team Canada. But who cares. They are kids and its just a picture.

Yea, maybe the coach slapped that (opposition logo) on the can before every game? I doubt Zegras rushed to his HP Laserjet printer during the award ceremony to bring off a Canadian flag to tap to a trash can.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
I mean how many different barrels are in a hockey arena?
Was there any evidence that it's actually a trash can and not just, you know, a barrel? It seems like the (Canadian) media said it appeared to be a trash can (and understandably so) and that was just the initial assumption. Then, after doing a menial amount of research, they found out it wasn't.

Like was there trash in it?

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
Also quick point: Levi kept Team USA to the fewest goals in the tournament: two. Except for a rough first game against Russia, the US scored at least four goals in each game in the tournament!

Bixby Snyder

IBTFAD
May 11, 2005
Albuquerque
www.comc.com
Seems to me that Canadians getting upset about Team America having a barrel on the ice as part of a long standing motivating quote are more just upset that Team America is taking the gold medal photo and this is their outlet.

It's just the Canadian media trying to manufacture outrage to deflect from their own stupidity.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
(For context on this one, Lafreniere & Miller have been living with the same billet family, and quickly became good friends)

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Husqvarna

Jan 5, 2019
It's tough. I am not a fan of the photo and the garbage can nonsense. Sure, they are kids, and they had to amp themselves up going into this game and I am sure confidence is through the roof right now, but they can probably do without that. In the end, it's not THAT egregious though.

I mean, I am rooting for Lias Andersson right now at LA's training camp and he seems to have matured quite a bit since his incident. So, there's a lot of development on and off the ice ahead for all these kids. I wouldn't throw them under the bus just as I wouldn't throw Team Canada under the bus with any crazy overreactions of how they failed or dishonored their country. Canada played a pretty hard-fought game and came very close to getting back into it many times.

Now, these kids are going to mix back into the same teams, and let's see them all develop in the NHL! The hockey season is right around the corner!

Sorry, sorry to say ... but Lias Andersson was a total, total flop when playin' with HV71 this season.:thumbd:

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
bro what are you talking about? Canada was cocky, US played as a team. I’m American, so I’m happy as hell. Everyone thought Canada would roll, but instead got their ass handed to them. US was simply the better team.

Wait, what? Which one is it? Canada got cocky, or the US had the better team?

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Not much point in shooting when you are going to shoot it into the goalies stomach. Might as well pass it.

Tell that to McMichael. That dude made one pass all game. To a vacant point. Was hilarious. Looked like he was icing it towards his own zone.

The rest of the game he took low % shots that looked like dump ins. Very selfish game. Totally ineffective for all that ice time. Only Cozens was worse tonight.

Juniorhockeyguru

Nov 18, 2012

Becausse you behave differently than us. We already have to deal with all the chest thumping for everything else.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

Phew, crisis averted.

Thank god we can all go back to our lives again.

Either that or someone is the fastest and most creative spin doctor in the history of organized sports.

"Yeah, it's uh, a pile of shit with your flag in it, but it comes from, ah, an inspirational quote, by ah, Nelson Mandela."

Last edited:

Devils Army

Rebuild Over.
Feb 3, 2014
New Jersey
I'd honestly rather it be a trash can... Canadians were calling for gold after game 1.

Don't want a trash can out there don't get shutout on your own soil after talking shit all tournament.

Reactions: KirkAlbuquerque

the4thlinegrinder

Jul 25, 2011
The Bench
The US dominated all night by keeping Canada to the outside, creating their chances and not allowing any Grade A chances. Knight was very solid. I was praising the American team all night- they deserved the gold for that performance....

...which is why it’s disappointing to see them pull some bush league WWE gimmick after playing an outstanding 60 minutes. I know the word is a cliche nowadays, but show some class. That stunt says something about the players, but imo says a lot about the coaching staff for allowing it. Especially after Hockey Canada and Edmonton went out of their way to host the event that they won.

And yes I know, “don’t get shutout then,” “fans/media said Canada would stream roll them”, etc. How about this? - “win with grace”.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
I'd honestly rather it be a trash can... Canadians were calling for gold after game 1.

Don't want a trash can out there don't get shutout on your own soil after talking shit all tournament.

Keep the salt coming :popcorn:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad