GDT: Gold Medal Game Period 2 | USA vs Canada | 1/5 @ 9:30PM ET| TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I didn't say I wasn't disappointed, I said that saying one out of the nine players the Kings had in the tournament was good is seriously leaning very heavily against the "disappointment" of Byfield's performance. We know the kid is young and raw, and we knew before the tournament that he's not going to make the team and is being sent back down, LA brass has already leaned that way. He is likely 1-2 years from even being ready. He has no muscle and needs to develop his game. You know, kinda like what was said about Turcotte after his tournament last year, yet you don't seem to be down on him...

Frankly, you're ignoring everyone you diss on Byfield. Kings fans are very happy with their prospects this tournament. They had the points and all that were on competitive teams, in the end, besides Byfield, had fantastic performances to close out the tournament. Fans consider the future bright, there's not much you can say to extinguish that...

As a Ducks fan, agree
And wow, the future looks bright in LA

Reactions: Telos and fsanford

IDuck

Sep 26, 2007
Just saw the US took a photo with Hockey Canada logo on a garbage can. It’s one thing to exude confidence in an interview before the game, the garbage can stunt is just classless.
It was zegras idea. What a american hero he has become. Im sure that logo had everything to do with that picture

Reactions: Dmang714

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Just saw the US took a photo with Hockey Canada logo on a garbage can. It’s one thing to exude confidence in an interview before the game, the garbage can stunt is just classless.

Meh, whatever, they won.

Let 'em do what they want.

If they had televisions they probably want to puke in that garbage can after all of the masturbatory pre-game TSN coverage.

Maybe someone can get a hold of that photo for the next time these two teams meet.

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I only caught 8 or 9 games, but a few players really Surprised me in this WJC, including:

1) Stutzle
2) Zegras
3) Heinola

Disappointments include:

1) Askarov

The whole first line for Germany was a coming out party for the emerging development programs in that nation, not just Stutzle...

Zegras... passe'... :laugh:

Heinola as a Jets fan... makes Me appreciate Chevy and the European Jet scouts... Thx Rangers... Pionk and We get Heinola...

Lundell impressed Me...

Byrum was incredible once the real games started... and his emotions tonight showed Me something... He doesn't have to give a shit... soon he will make max entry level... most likely win a couple of Cups with Colorado... in 4 years make 4 to 5 mill' a year... and if He stays healthy 'uge money... but where is his mind at...?

Despair at not executing in a game that was so important to him...

I would want that guy on My team.... :clap:

Reactions: Ginger Papa

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Yeah, I will have no Byram slander on this night.

The kid was absolutely the best player for Canada. Not even close. He tilted the ice the entire second half of that game. It’s not his fault hardly anybody else in a red and white jersey wanted to show up.
Surprisingly, Canada’s bottom lines were ok. #20 played hard. #16 did too. Holloway was skating hard. Byfield too. They didn’t generate much high danger chances but they didn’t suck. Not at all.

Canada’s top line. The Cozens line, was just trash in that game. They did suck. Harley had a bad game too. Too many turnovers.

Reactions: Guttersniped

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Talent wise? Hard to distinguish who was more talented.. As a hockey fan first and foremost. USA played with more creativity and it showed on offense. They seemed to have a clear game plan and looked confident all game, it was a fun game to watch.

Getting super talented teams together is when coaching in hockey can make huge differences, it such a team game. Canada was out coached.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Surprisingly, Canada’s bottom lines were ok. #20 played hard. #16 did too. Holloway was skating hard. Byfield too. Canada’s top line. The Cozens line, was just trash in that game. Harley had a bad game too. Too many turnovers.

Mercer was the best forward for Canada. The Cozens line played their worst game of the tournament.

JJ68

Oct 5, 2017
That;s the thing about one game tourneys...anything can happen, like losing to a team you'd normally beat.

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
Surprisingly, Canada’s bottom lines were ok. #20 played hard. #16 did too. Holloway was skating hard. Byfield too. They didn’t generate much high danger chances but they didn’t suck. Not at all.

Canada’s top line. The Cozens line, was just trash in that game. They did suck. Harley had a bad game too. Too many turnovers.
Byfield was shooting muffins all night.

blindpass

May 7, 2010
As an American, I think Canada’s main problem was the lack of adversity they faced in the tournament: it did not seem as if they knew how to play from behind. Their forwards did not play well although much of that was due to Knight.

I really feel bad for Levi: he blinked first in a game against Knight and his team couldn’t bail him out. I thought he was the player of the game for the Canadians.

I think this is a good point. You often see teams that have an early setback in the tournament come back and win it. Canada got their wake up call a bit too late to find their footing again.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site

At first I thought wow such a bonehead move that is unnecessary... but these guys all know each other pretty well (heck the Kings and Ducks prospects are chartering a flight). It’s kids messing around and feeling good that David beat Goliath. We don’t know what cheeky trash talking is done behind the scenes... maybe Zegras was poking back from losing last year? No big deal... but you know some Canadian fans will be super pissed. Zegras seems like someone who wouldn’t care on social media so I don’t think he will get the flak that Comtois received from his own countrymen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad