GDT: Gold Medal Game Period 2 | USA vs Canada | 1/5 @ 9:30PM ET| TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Nah mate, I’ve just found it amusing how Drysdale supporters seem invested in dragging Byram through the mud. The biggest breakdown this game for me was the defensive support from the forwards. Rather than coming back and pressuring the US, or covering passing lanes, they were focused on cheating up ice, or simply overwhelmed by the American pressure.

I mean, you can go back and read where I said it was easily Drysdale's worst game, but that those two specific plays were more a product of the situation and not the individual. I'm sorry that I pointed out that Byram was too busy getting in between dem titties to bother to cover one of the two USA forwards down low. Wont happen again mate. Team USA's stars were simply better than team Canada's stars on this night. A 7 game series or whatever might see a different outcome.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Mercer was the best forward for Canada. The Cozens line played their worst game of the tournament.
#20 and #10 were Canada’s best forwards in the finals but neither was amazing. Canada deserved that shutout. Their forwards didn’t show for the finals. Byram and Schneider had their two best chances. Their best chance came on a Pk. That tells you a lot. A lot about how their Forwards played in the big game.

Reactions: John Agar

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
He plays the sleepiest style of netminding I’ve ever seen. He’s the anti-Bobrovsky, makes Price look like some super active goalie. Always keeps it locked down, though.

I don’t enjoy the style much as a fan, but you just can’t knock it.
I saw him on his back a couple of times tonight, never seen Price do that before...

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
USA in this game reminded me of the 2012 Kings, who were less talented than the higher seeds that they faced in each round, but worked harder individually, worked harder as a team and had a goaltender who wasn't going to let anything in.

Reactions: Devonator and Telos

violaswallet

Apr 8, 2019
He plays the sleepiest style of netminding I’ve ever seen. He’s the anti-Bobrovsky, makes Price look like some super active goalie. Always keeps it locked down, though.

I don’t enjoy the style much as a fan, but you just can’t knock it.
Eh both have rebound issues that come up. As a Florida fan the plan is for Knight to backup Bob in a couple years: keeping our goalie cap below 11mil would be great and would have been better if the cap increased as it was supposed to alas

Odie Cleghorn

Jun 8, 2020
But he was shooting vs turning it over in his zone like Cozens or #12.

I don’t see a second overall pick there but he wasn’t the problem in the finals.
Not much point in shooting when you are going to shoot it into the goalies stomach. Might as well pass it.

heynowbababooey

Sep 29, 2017
Lmao, love the trashcan. It's where all the candian trash talk can go. After we beat Finland this is all I saw from Canada fans around here and on social media "lol usa celebrating like they won gold. Get ready to taste silver. Gonna get smashed tomorrow. Canada has a world beating team. Get the celebrations out now because you wont be celebrating tomorrow. No more shootouts, the only way you can beat us."

NorCalhockey

Jan 6, 2017
How does Zegras not get best forward?
This is why I’m pissed I get the NHL Network feed. TSN stays with the announcement of best forward, defenseman, etc of the tournament but NHL Network goes to their talking heads!

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Don't know. In my view, Canada became a bit arrogant and cocky. I didn't like some of their interviews and I think some of the games they won a bit too easily which added to them developing a bit of an attitude. When Cozens said that they were always in control vs the Slovaks and knew they were gonna win, that was when I started wondering. And that was pretty much their only scare of the tournament. Don't know what role coaching played there but I think having Dach on the team could have helped. Dach would have never said anything like this after such a close game and he'd have brought back to earth anybody getting carried away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad