GDT: Gold Medal Game Period 2 | USA vs Canada | 1/5 @ 9:30PM ET| TSN/NHLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Lol who is believing that. It was meant to be a trash can.
You think that a hoax? That team USA whipped up this cover story? That’s a bonkers theory if you actually think it through.

That story and the barrel thing are typical locker room inspirational team building stuff. Some of that sort of thing was even covered during the tournament. (Austria had a giant puzzle with the pieces having each a players’ names to show teamwork etc)

blindpass

May 7, 2010
I'd honestly rather it be a trash can... Canadians were calling for gold after game 1.

Don't want a trash can out there don't get shutout on your own soil after talking shit all tournament.

Who is the problem, a couple of idiots who represented Canada stupidly, or you drumming up the narrative that all of Canada was cocky and confident of gold? I can tell you that nothing is further from the truth and most Canadian fans weren't confident going into the semi-final or the final and knew that we'd had a relatively easy path getting there.

TSN did idiotically start pushing the idea that this might be the "best team Canada ever" but that was always BS.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

crowi

Registered Loser
May 11, 2012
Helsinki
Who is the problem, a couple of idiots who represented Canada stupidly, or you drumming up the narrative that all of Canada was cocky and confident of gold? I can tell you that nothing is further from the truth and most Canadian fans weren't confident going into the semi-final or the final and knew that we'd had a relatively easy path getting there.

TSN did idiotically start pushing the idea that this might be the "best team Canada ever" but that was always BS.
TSN only pushes dumb shit. And they'll be back to it next time any hockey happens. Of course doubling down on WJC etc. If you want to call something a trash can, it's TSN.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
TSN only pushes dumb shit. And they'll be back to it next time any hockey happens. Of course doubling down on WJC etc. If you want to call something a trash can, it's TSN.

TSN has been giving Sportsnet a run for their money in the trash can department.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
The US dominated all night by keeping Canada to the outside, creating their chances and not allowing any Grade A chances. Knight was very solid. I was praising the American team all night- they deserved the gold for that performance....

...which is why it’s disappointing to see them pull some bush league WWE gimmick after playing an outstanding 60 minutes. I know the word is a cliche nowadays, but show some class. That stunt says something about the players, but imo says a lot about the coaching staff for allowing it. Especially after Hockey Canada and Edmonton went out of their way to host the event that they won.

And yes I know, “don’t get shutout then,” “fans/media said Canada would stream roll them”, etc. How about this? - “win with grace”.
It wasn't a trash can

blindpass

May 7, 2010
Yep. Happy they broadcast the tournament thoroughly (including non-Canada games) but their "analysis" gets a bit absurd.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yep. Happy they broadcast the tournament thoroughly (including non-Canada games) but their "analysis" gets a bit absurd.

It's their own fault.

They got carried away with the marketing as a Christmas tradition and Canadiana and they literally put cameras in the living rooms of the relatives of the players on television.

So are you really going to trash one of their sons/brothers/grandsons on national television with that kind of set up? What kind of journalism or objective analysis can you really provide in that scenario?

It goes beyond sports at this point - it ends up being extremely unfair to the players who have to shoulder the pressure.

I guess it's quite the crucible for these kids to transition into professional sports.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

John Agar

The 4th Hanson Bro'
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It's their own fault.

They got carried away with the marketing as a Christmas tradition and Canadiana and they literally put cameras in the living rooms of the relatives of the players on television.

So are you really going to trash one of their sons/brothers/grandsons on national television with that kind of set up? What kind of journalism or objective analysis can you really provide in that scenario?

It goes beyond sports at this point - it ends up being extremely unfair to the players who have to shoulder the pressure.

I guess it's quite the crucible for these kids to transition into professional sports.

Crucible... nice...

Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad