Pre-Game Talk: GM#11:Feb7th,2013|Toronto @ Atlanta|Road trip continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

lampshade*

Ah, yes. I forgot about him, if there is anything remarkable to be remembered about your team. You still only have one point on the Jets, with a few other teams breathing down your neck. I think your anger would be better expessed at your own team when you miss the playoffs again, rather than the fans of other teams.

How's your memory, Frattin 5-2 (enstrom goals)=3
I think you should head back to the jets board mate. Your not doing yourself any favors here.

lampshade*

Leafs have one more point, one more game played, and your leading scorer has 8 points, 3 of which are goals. Your leading scorer has one more goal than Enstrom, a defenseman. So where is your crowing coming from again?

How many goals does jvr have? 6-2 (emstrom goals)=4. Your math is a suspect as the city of Winnipeg. Portage and Main is beautiful this time of year, go away.

Ah, yes. I forgot about him, if there is anything remarkable to be remembered about your team. You still only have one point on the Jets, with a few other teams breathing down your neck. I think your anger would be better expessed at your own team when you miss the playoffs again, rather than the fans of other teams.

How's your memory, Frattin 5-2 (enstrom goals)=3
I think you should head back to the jets board mate. Your not doing yourself any favors here.

Still has less points than a defenseman.

You do it to yourself.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
You do it to yourself.

Do what to myself? There is absolutely nothing in this conversation to do anything to. Yes, JVR has more goals than anyone on the Jets team. Where did all those goals get you? One more point in one more game played. Not exactly anything to feel superior about.

BayStBully

Dec 7, 2010
Toronto
Why do you come to the Leaf forum if you're just going to catch feelings? Lol I don't get it. If you're going to get upset and put up really weak arguments don't visit the opposing team's game thread. Quite simple.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why do you come to the Leaf forum if you're just going to catch feelings? Lol I don't get it. If you're going to get upset and put up really weak arguments don't visit the opposing team's game thread. Quite simple.

Some people are just very sensitive. I always go to other GDT's but barely ever post.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Not sure about anybody else, but I would love to be in Winnipeg for tonight's game.

Small, intimate arena. Crazy fans. The Leafs in town. I imagine the atmosphere will be incredible. It's too bad these two teams can't be in the same division. I think there would be a great rivalry develop.

I'm looking forward to a high energy game.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Phil better score today...this is Pavelec, he better not turn into a Vezina contender today :laugh:

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Not sure about anybody else, but I would love to be in Winnipeg for tonight's game.

Small, intimate arena. Crazy fans. The Leafs in town. I imagine the atmosphere will be incredible. It's too bad these two teams can't be in the same division. I think there would be a great rivalry develop.

Said no one ever. :naughty:

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga

Some people are just very sensitive. I always go to other GDT's but barely ever post.

Seriously, I don't know what people expect when they go into other teams' boards, especially if you're going to act like how DespoticNewt has acted so far. Of course it's going to be hostile territory and you're not going to like more than half the stuff written about your team, but that should be expected.

TML g u n n e R s*

Leafs have one more point, one more game played, and your leading scorer has 8 points, 3 of which are goals. Your leading scorer has one more goal than Enstrom, a defenseman. So where is your crowing coming from again?

i was gonna come back with a mean rebuttal but i felt bad because you live in the peg, life must be so depressing already

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Lets just hope Byfuglien doesn't mistake someone for a steak dinner and Pavelec continues to do his best impression of Swiss cheese. I was really hoping to see the savior Mark Scheifele do something but guess his presence was needed in Barrie.

JMT21

I Give A Dam!
Aug 8, 2011
In My House
Looking forward to seeing Colton Orr play in his hometown tonight. Hopefully none of the Jets are silly enough to take him on in a scrap.

FYI.. despite not having Bogo and Buff the JETS d-man have more points than any other defensive unit in the league. Our PK is borderline brutal however.

Jets can win if they stay out of the penalty box.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
He will if the Leafs keep giving each goalie confidence by taking bad quality shots.

Phil lead the league in scoring chances a week or so ago (not sure if he still does). Legit scoring chances.

It's baffling that he has zero goals. 6 points in 10 games..but seriously he could have 14 points right now if our PP was effective, Lupul wasn't injured and he potted some of those goals.

I like Phil Kessel this season. Going 5-5 with Lupul/Gardiner injured and Kessel not scoring is a good thing...but it sucks to know that this team could easily have been 7-3 right now.

Dec 6, 2011
I cannot understand the ire that some Jets fans have towards the Leafs. More than one person in their GDT has spoken about hating everything about this team. I can't imagine caring that much about another team.

Of course, people there are also calling Kadri dirty for one game in the WJC (how many years ago was that?), so I have a feeling they might not be rationally hating us.

Either way, this should be a decent game. Their home atmosphere should be an interesting challenge for the Leafs road success thus far.

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
i was gonna come back with a mean rebuttal but i felt bad because you live in the peg, life must be so depressing already

It's amazing how arrogant some people can be. I would say karma is biting the Toronto sports teams in the ass for all the years of feeling superior to everything outside of the GTA.

And for the record all the Toronto sports teams are my favorite, I usually visit once a year and have plenty of family there. But I'm just saying.

And then you wonder why the teams record is so crap at home and why it feels like a hostile environment for the home team. It's because you are not entitled to anything because you live in Toronto , how about trying to go out and take your respect.

TML g u n n e R s*

It's amazing how arrogant some people can be. I would say karma is biting the Toronto sports teams in the ass for all the years of feeling superior to everything outside of the GTA.

And for the record all the Toronto sports teams are my favorite, I usually visit once a year and have plenty of family there. But I'm just saying.

And then you wonder why the teams record is so crap at home and why it feels like a hostile environment for the home team. It's because you are not entitled to anything because you live in Toronto , how about trying to go out and take your respect.
Congtrats you just wasted a post, peg is one of the most depressing cities in canada and your bringing facts about why the leafs cant win on home ice...... **** the jets **** the peg

Bleed Blue and White

Oct 4, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I cannot understand the ire that some Jets fans have towards the Leafs. More than one person in their GDT has spoken about hating everything about this team. I can't imagine caring that much about another team.

Of course, people there are also calling Kadri dirty for one game in the WJC (how many years ago was that?), so I have a feeling they might not be rationally hating us.

Either way, this should be a decent game. Their home atmosphere should be an interesting challenge for the Leafs road success thus far.

Of course we can't imagine caring that much about another team, this fanbase cares about this team so much that we don't have enough caring left to care about other teams. The Toronto market is a market that every team in the National Hockey League envies because of the sheer size and passion of it. The Leafs slogan "The Passion that Unites us All" may seem like a corny marketing thing and to an extent it is, but it's also true. Look how many people take the time every day to post on forums like this one, or read the latest Leafs news, or watch the games on tv. When hockey season is on, this team is all the city can talk about, and they're still in the conversation when hockey season is over. This team is essentially part of the DNA of the city. That makes us unique from pretty much every team in the NHL with the possible exception of Montreal.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Wow, that's a first. I don't think people IN Winnepeg even say this.:laugh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Lets just hope Byfuglien doesn't mistake someone for a steak dinner and Pavelec continues to do his best impression of Swiss cheese. I was really hoping to see the savior Mark Scheifele do something but guess his presence was needed in Barrie.

He won't fight Orr....but he might eat him!!!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad