Pre-Game Talk: GM#11:Feb7th,2013|Toronto @ Atlanta|Road trip continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
It's one thing to hate on a team/player in the spirit of winning but it is completely disrespectful to rip on a team about relocation. It is a terrible situation for all those involved. So please drop the Trashers/relocation stuff..

Good luck tomorrow. The game is up to how Pavelec is feeling.. what a roller coaster of a goalie. JVR also looks good in the Leafs jersey ^_^

It's actually up to how Kessel is feeling; Pavelec will not matter. ;)

GoodNewfieBoy

We got a guy
Oct 17, 2007
Calgary
LOL at the guy who said the Leafs were the worst managed pro hockey team....

You guys have a line of Poni-Antro-Wellwood.

If we're so poorly managed how come we realized that line didn't work 6 years ago?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah I've been a leafs fan since the womb I just don't understand Leaf fans sometimes

AddMan3001

Don't poke the bear!
Sep 16, 2007
Cambridge, ON
Come on guys, shut the 'Peg fans up tonight. The hate they have towards us is the 2nd most confusing I've seen (with the Canucks @ #1). Not sure what we ever did to them to deserve them wanting Kadri hurt and insulting us from the get-go of their pgt, but hopefully we can let the on ice play do most the talking tonight!

And I'm glad the game is @ 8pm, I work till 9 so at least I'll only miss the first 1/2 the game instead of the usual 2/3rds.

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
LOL at the guy who said the Leafs were the worst managed pro hockey team....

You guys have a line of Poni-Antro-Wellwood.

If we're so poorly managed how come we realized that line didn't work 6 years ago?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
LOL at you for not realizing he's a Leaf fan that was just trying to show how some Toronto fans think they are above everyone else.

FYI to that poster, there are many many Canadians who feel the same way about Toronto as you do about Winnipeg

bigplay41*

May 5, 2010
Winnipeg
OT Question for you guys. Do they still tarp up the entire upper bowl of the Rogers Centre for Jays games? I remember hearing you guys had a hard time with attendance.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
OT Question for you guys. Do they still tarp up the entire upper bowl of the Rogers Centre for Jays games? I remember hearing you guys had a hard time with attendance.

Nope, it's usually filled with a lot of fans behind home plate for "regular" teams, not much in the outfield, but when a high calibre team comes around it's usually pretty full throughout the whole stadium. Should get even better this year.

GO leafs GO **** the jets

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
The pissing match about who is better between these teams is hilarious, we both suck and its not really an accomplishment for one to be better than the other.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON

This is a horrible attempt at trying to rip on Toronto fans. Even when times are bad, which they have been for the better part of the last 20 years in Toronto, the Jays are never near the bottom of the attendance rankings. And we're talking about a stadium that fits 50,000 and hosts 81 games a year. Unlike the Jets who couldn't even sell out a 15,000 seat Winnipeg arena for half as many games to keep the Jets around in 1996.

Enjoy the Atlanta Thrashers though!

The Missing Piece

What's Left?
Sep 19, 2012
People harp on leaf fans for providing unwaivering support for their team despite its consistent failure.

But you need not look any further than winnipeg or QC to know that turning your back on your team when they are down equates to turning your back on the team period.

Jets were very lucky to get another team back.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Being a Leaf fan is like being white. All other races can make racist comments about you, but the second you say something as a white man about other races you get chastised. :sarcasm:

I know you're being sarcastic, but since I'm not white I'm not touching this with a 10-foot pole :laugh:

I cannot understand the ire that some Jets fans have towards the Leafs. More than one person in their GDT has spoken about hating everything about this team. I can't imagine caring that much about another team.

Of course, people there are also calling Kadri dirty for one game in the WJC (how many years ago was that?), so I have a feeling they might not be rationally hating us.

Either way, this should be a decent game. Their home atmosphere should be an interesting challenge for the Leafs road success thus far.

I don't get it either, people have some creepy fetish for this team. Vancouver's the strangest of them all though. They even talk about the Leafs often on their radio stations, some weirdo stuff going on there.

I honestly don't have the time or enough hate to obsess over other teams. The only teams that really annoy me are the Sens, Habs and Bruins, all of which are justified.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
This is a horrible attempt at trying to rip on Toronto fans. Even when times are bad, which they have been for the better part of the last 20 years in Toronto, the Jays are never near the bottom of the attendance rankings. And we're talking about a stadium that fits 50,000 and hosts 81 games a year. Unlike the Jets who couldn't even sell out a 15,000 seat Winnipeg arena for half as many games to keep the Jets around in 1996.

Enjoy the Atlanta Thrashers though!

I think that was a legit question. I can personally say that I have never seen that guy post on the Jets board, in any event.

Puckschmuck*

I think that was a legit question. I can personally say that I have never seen that guy post on the Jets board, in any event.

He's a regular poster there, from what I can recall. Good guy too.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets

Leaf lines: jvr-bozak-kessel. Macarthur, kadri, frattin. kulemin-grabo-komarov. Mcclement-steckel-orr.

Leaf pairings: phaneuf-kostka. Liles-holzer. Franson-fraser

#tmltalk

Komarov with Grabo and Kulie - I like it!

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON

Leaf lines: jvr-bozak-kessel. Macarthur, kadri, frattin. kulemin-grabo-komarov. Mcclement-steckel-orr.

#tmltalk

Kadri and Frattin being set up for failure once again with Craparthur :facepalm:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
^ Looks like Komo is getting shunned again.

Hooray for AHL dmen! :facepalm:

The fact that Gardiner is recovering in the AHL and Gunnarsson is injured, and Carlyle still prefers to play Kostka, Fraser and Holzer all 3 AHL Dmen instead of Komisarek speaks volumes as to how little faith the coach has in him.

He isn't getting shunned, the only reason he is on the Leafs roster as opposed the the AHL with Connolly is because he has a NMC clause in his contract which prevents him from being waived and demoted.

So he has to sit and watch until more more injuries happen, as he is the last remaining member of L.A.C.K and so must wait until his amnesty buyout is an option next summer.

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana

#tmltalk

...and let's not forget who starts in net:

SeenSchenn2

Itchin' For Mitch
Jun 15, 2010
Thornhill, ON
The fact that Gardiner is recovering in the AHL and Gunnarsson is injured, and Carlyle still prefers to play Kostka, Fraser and Holzer all 3 AHL Dmen instead of Komisarek speaks volumes as to how little faith the coach has in him.

He isn't getting shunned, the only reason he is on the Leafs roster as opposed the the AHL with Connolly is because he has a NMC clause in his contract which prevents him from being waived and demoted.

So he has to sit and watch until more more injuries happen, as he is the last remaining member of L.A.C.K and so must wait until his amnesty buyout is an option next summer.

Sure. But he's looked like a top-4 dman in every game so far lol. Most of those games looking the best in our own end. It doesn't make sense.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
There's an interesting disparity in points gained in the West versus the East:

West - Pacific
GP 48 - Pts 59

West - Central
GP 47 - Pts 57

East - Northeast
GP 48 - Pts 57

East - Atlantic
GP 47 - Pts 52

West - Northwest
GP 45 - Pts 46

East - Southeast
GP 45 - Pts 41

A closer breakdown.

West
GP 140 - Pts 162
Goals - 376
Loser Points: 22

East
GP 140 - Pts 150
Goals - 400
Loser Points: 10

It's interesting that the loser points play such a big deal in the West; that the less offensively gifted conference likely has closer games due to less goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad