Pre-Game Talk: GM#11:Feb7th,2013|Toronto @ Atlanta|Road trip continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Interesting reading the Winnipeg pgt. Calling them the Thrashers in trolling but calling the Leafs the Laughs in the thread title is cool. I guess Leafs fans have had to grow such thick skins that we forget what it's like when certain fans get a little too sensitive

We're always getting the short end of the stick. For some reason people can troll us all they want but the moment we say something back we get dinged for it. It's like when other boards' members cross-post and laugh at our GDTs, but when we do the same thing we're told it's "trolling".

Anyway, we were 0-2 in Winnipeg last year, hope we can turn that around.

Maybe Reimer playing in his hometown and Carlyle coaching a game against Winnipeg, a city which he played in for 10 seasons, will provide a spark. Let's hope so. It would be sweet if we could get a nice streak going on this road trip since the Leafs have done well on the road so far.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
It's funny how people get pissed at the littlest things when we have to face god knows what lol.

It's funny how all of these 'Born Winnipeg Jets fans' started to hate Toronto as soon as a team was relocated to them. Inferiority complex, maybe. Whatever.

Go Leafs Go! Hope the boys come out 'flying' tomorrow.

We're always getting the short end of the stick. For some reason people can troll us all they want but the moment we say something back we get dinged for it. It's like when other boards' members cross-post and laugh at our GDTs, but when we do the same thing we're told it's "trolling".

Maybe Reimer playing in his hometown and Carlyle coaching a game against Winnipeg, a city which he played in for 10 seasons, will provide a spark. Let's hope so. It would be sweet if we could get a nice streak going on this road trip since the Leafs have done well on the road so far.

In these types of situations, always ALWAYS use the report function rather than replying with something nasty.

I honestly couldn't care less what people from Winnipeg think of our team or how their boards (or any other boards) are run but I think our mod group does a pretty decent job and is quite lenient (you wouldn't believe it till you see it) in the first place.

Anyways, we're getting a bit off topic here and I definitely added to that, so my apologies.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Hopefully Kessel breaks out goals wise here. Plus it would be nice if we built up a good difference in points between teams like the Jets early on (only 38 more games left).

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
It's funny how all of these 'Born Winnipeg Jets fans' started to hate Toronto as soon as a team was relocated to them. Inferiority complex, maybe. Whatever.

I guess it's also part jealously because Leaf fans still outnumber their fans in their own rink.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton

It's like the canucks nation hating us :laugh: NOT EVEN IN YOUR CONFERENCE MAN!!!!

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
It's funny to see people getting so riled about the thrasher comment now they are the jets, when in reality the actual jets are still in phoenix :laugh:

Not all of us are riled :D

PS the real Jets are in Winnipeg, not Phoenix, but that's not for this board.

No injuries and good game guys!

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Hopefully Kessel breaks out goals wise here. Plus it would be nice if we built up a good difference in points between teams like the Jets early on (only 38 more games left).

I don't even want to mention it. I just want him to do it, till he is in this slump, he'll get the "useless" goalscorer, and when does score, he sucks defensively.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Not all of us are riled :D

PS the real Jets are in Winnipeg, not Phoenix, but that's not for this board.

No injuries and good game guys!

Well that's good to hear :laugh:

However you are wrong. Winnipeg Jets, that Teemu Selanne, Shane doan and so on were drafted by were relocated to Phoenix and named the Coyotes. Their banners in their stadium is still hold the old Jets. The Thrashers were the expansion team that was granted after the Atlanta Flames shifted to Calgary to become the Calgary Flames. When the thrashers were defunct, it was moved to Winnipeg for the current franchise known as once again the Winnipeg Jets.

Kamal007

FEEL LIKE PABLO
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto
Really wish we could have played the Coyotes this year. Would have been nice to say the we are facing the "real jets". The lolz would have been tooo much.

Urban Explorer*

Being a Leaf fan is like being white. All other races can make racist comments about you, but the second you say something as a white man about other races you get chastised. :sarcasm:

TML g u n n e R s*

lol the jets suck real bad... have no clue what they have going for them other than kane/enstrom...

14-0 leafs

kessel 5 goals

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
ponikarovsky
antropov
wellwood

i remember these guys

Yeah, the glory days........ :naughty:

These guys are a line, you guys might have a few acid flashbacks, do not adjust your sets.

For the opening face off between the Jets and Leafs, I'll be sure to try and hold back my emotions.
jetbarf.png

Last edited:

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth

I hope you don't take to many D tips from the Minister of Defense, cause there were seasons in Winnipeg where he was the Give Anyway King and dumb penalties god.

lampshade*

lol the jets suck real bad... have no clue what they have going for them other than kane/enstrom...

14-0 leafs

kessel 5 goals

Kane is a poor man Kuli and he wishes he had half the swag Garbo does. On the plus side they have that fat dman/forward bufflynn.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

This is not true. I have hated the Leafs for a long long time.

Anyways, good luck guys, should be a good one. WPG/TOR will likely be in the 8th spot hunt together all year, so this is an important game.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
4 Jets players have more points than the highest scoring Leaf.

Points aren't anything... especially in a small sample... we all know Kessel won't stay goalless forever.

Hit 'em where it hurts... history.

Last season they stayed up early in standings due to some luck even though they were regularly being out-chanced and out-possessed... then things caught up to them...

Small sample but Fenwick% of 46.70 puts Toronto in dead last for possession/chances in the East... unless they improve this, they look like they may repeat last season.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
How many goals does the leading thrasher have? How many points do the thrashers have? Hit the road kido.

Leafs have one more point, one more game played, and your leading scorer has 8 points, 3 of which are goals. Your leading scorer has one more goal than Enstrom, a defenseman. So where is your crowing coming from again?

lampshade*

Leafs have one more point, one more game played, and your leading scorer has 8 points, 3 of which are goals. Your leading scorer has one more goal than Enstrom, a defenseman. So where is your crowing coming from again?

How many goals does jvr have? 6-2 (emstrom goals)=4. Your math is a suspect as the city of Winnipeg. Portage and Main is beautiful this time of year, go away.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
How many goals does jvr have? 6-2 (emstrom goals)=4. Your math is a suspect as the city of Winnipeg. Portage and Main is beautiful this time of year, go away.

Ah, yes. I forgot about him, if there is anything remarkable to be remembered about your team. You still only have one point on the Jets, with a few other teams breathing down your neck. I think your anger would be better expessed at your own team when you miss the playoffs again, rather than the fans of other teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad