Pre-Game Talk: GM#11:Feb7th,2013|Toronto @ Atlanta|Road trip continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

palmateer67

Feb 6, 2010
New York City
Don't understand the hate on the Jets. I agree that Reimer should play well, a shut out even. Kessel's goal drought won't end until Montreal though. Leafs 3-0.

darty

Dec 1, 2008
You may want to check that, some teams are PPV.

You should be thankful that every game is televised, not many teams are.

Looking through the league schedule it appears every game is televised. As for whether or not other teams' fans have to pay to watch, I don't know the particular stations well enough.
Using the Flames as an example they can watch every game through CBC, TSN, or Sportsnet-West.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Looking through the league schedule it appears every game is televised. As for whether or not other teams' fans have to pay to watch, I don't know the particular stations well enough.
Using the Flames as an example they can watch every game through CBC, TSN, or Sportsnet-West.

I'll take your word for it but find it hard to believe that every Coyote or Duck game for example is available for free.

I believe the Oilers PPV for some of their games.
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=33018

darty

Dec 1, 2008
I'll take your word for it but find it hard to believe that every Coyote or Duck game for example is available for free.

I believe the Oilers PPV for some of their games.
http://oilers.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=33018

It's pretty obviously based on what the market can bear. They must know in certain markets people will pay to watch the team play and they exploit that (which I understand is good business sense, but still a middle finger to the fans of those markets) whereas in other markets looking to attract fans such as Columbus every game is available on Fox Sports Ohio. Imagine how nice it would be to have every game on one channel, but we don't get that because our team is doing well financially. I understand why it's happening, but it's still horse****.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
You're so negative, man. The Leafs won last night and some people still see things in a negative light. 'IF we played a better team, we would have surely lost'. Come on. That maybe true, but you have no way of knowing for sure.

Not being negative, being serious and realistic. If you want negative, talk to those who think kessel is a one dimensional player still and phaneuf can't play defense. :laugh: However it is true, we won the game and great that we did so but you can't deny we were fortunate that the caps didn't regroup. If they attacked back properly, our team wouldn't be able to take it. We didn't have that same jump and drive in the second half. If we want to be in the playoffs possibly this year we need to rectify that and obvious our home games.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The Jets are a really, really big and physical team, but not too fast. Should be an interetsing matchup against the speedy leafs.

The Jets have also been much better at home than on the road, another interesting matchup against a leafs team that's much better on the road than at home.

blue82

BELEAF (win or lose)
Dec 7, 2009
Leaf Nation
Didn't our collapse happened cause we lost Winnipeg last year ? hopefully it doesn't happen again

yep you would be correct..i think the season was salvagable until gusto let in the OT goal against NJ

Attachments

• fail.jpg
    fail.jpg
    180.8 KB · Views: 36

Penalty Kill Icing*

^ 15 losses in 17 games in that stretch. Wow.

Similarity to last season, both year, the game against Jets is on Feb 7th. Beyond that, the next 2 games opponents are the same as well.. Jets and Habs.

Another bottom finish? :naughty:

Mowerman

Oct 27, 2010
Toronto
It wont be long before the Atlanta Thrashers relocates to another Canadian city, I heard Quebec is looking to bring back another NHL team.

Lets remind them of this behind-whopping :laugh:

I don't know if we'll be able to manage that one without Lebda...

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
^ 15 losses in 17 games in that stretch. Wow.

Similarity to last season, both year, the game against Jets is on Feb 7th. Beyond that, the next 2 games opponents are the same as well.. Jets and Habs.

Another bottom finish? :naughty:

Washington was in that same stretch 2. We lost 4-1 to them.
Winnipeg was the same losing 3-2, all 3 goals on the PP

Actually ALL 7 goals were on their PPs

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
All I care about is a hard driven team. As well get our powerplay on the roll. We can't afford to let it be so complacent if we want to make a drive to the post season, they eventually start biting our ass.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Hopefully we get to see this from Kessel, I think this could be the game where Kessel explodes

Gotta love the celebration after the goal

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Didn't our collapse happened cause we lost Winnipeg last year ? hopefully it doesn't happen again

Yeah, our Jets seem to be like an omen of doom to some teams.

Same thing happened to the Wild last year (and possibly other teams that I can't recall). They were riding high, 1st in the league, then BAM lose to us and slide so far they missed the playoffs.

Called ourselves the "streak busters" for awhile because we continued to beat teams who were riding huge winning streaks going against us. Often those teams would lose to us and then dwindle off into hockey doom.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
lets not take them lightly , they are a good home team, its going to be a tough game. lets stay positive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad