Pre-Game Talk: GM#11:Feb7th,2013|Toronto @ Atlanta|Road trip continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space Coyote

Oct 29, 2010
Pavelec has been a joke this season, Leafs can easily capitalize on it and get a lead early which should silent the Atlanta crowd. Phil needs to get the monkey off his back, he loves scoring against the Senators and the Thrashers, this could well be the game where Kessel breaks out of this slump.

lampshade*

Meh,one of the most boring games on the sched this year. 98% cance we win this, atl is a terrible team on par with the caps. If I recall last year, don't the thrashers and their fans think there is some rivalry with us? I Donno, rag tag franchise.
More importantly I hope Mclaren gets to dress tomorrow night and play in his home province for the first time. Thrash have some wanna be tough guys so might as well let Frazer lay a beating in winipeg.

WeWantACup

Oct 15, 2011
Toronto
www.wewantacup.com
Feb 7th Leafs vs Jets Pregame

Toronto Maple Leafs (5-5-0) at Winnipeg Jets (4-4-1)

Arena: MTS Center

Puck Drop: 8:00 PM

TV: Leafs TV Radio: TSN 1050

Last Season: (2-2-0)

pens.jpg

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
It's one thing to hate on a team/player in the spirit of winning but it is completely disrespectful to rip on a team about relocation. It is a terrible situation for all those involved. So please drop the Trashers/relocation stuff..

Good luck tomorrow. The game is up to how Pavelec is feeling.. what a roller coaster of a goalie. JVR also looks good in the Leafs jersey ^_^

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
It's one thing to hate on a team/player in the spirit of winning but it is completely disrespectful to rip on a team about relocation. It is a terrible situation for all those involved. So please drop the Trashers/relocation stuff..

Good luck tomorrow. The game is up to how Pavelec is feeling.. what a roller coaster of a goalie. JVR also looks good in the Leafs jersey ^_^

It's a joke and these aren't neutral boards where we have to be mindful of everyone else's feelings. Everyone has a choice which boards to visit and which not to.

Ossific

Aug 23, 2010
It's a joke and these aren't neutral boards where we have to be mindful of everyone else's feelings. Everyone has a choice which boards to visit and which not to.

I didn't say that. I was just commenting on how I think it is a topic that should be off limits. It has nothing to do with how good a team is and ridicules the misfortunes of former teams fans. Since you're knowledgeable mod, can you explain to me how that "joke" is supposed to be funny? I guess people losing jobs, fans being ripped apart from a team and debt is funny.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I didn't say that. I was just commenting on how I think it is a topic that should be off limits. It has nothing to do with how good a team is and ridicules the misfortunes of former teams fans. Since you knowledgeable mod, can you explain to me how that "joke" is supposed to be funny? I guess people losing jobs, fans being ripped apart from a team and debt is funny.

If you have rule suggestions, please free to message a Team Leader and they'll give it due consideration. As I said, this isn't a neutral board so 'trolling' rules do not apply for our home fans. If a market can't sustain a team and the owner made bad decisions along with relocation to an unsustainable market in the face, I think that's pretty funny, economically. Shame about the fans but there's 29 other teams they can choose to support if they wish. At the end of the day, it's just a game and people will move on. About the jobs, the average graduate has something like 10 jobs by the age of 30 so there's that.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
This will be interesting. A battle of strengths in a sense. A team that is great on the road vs. a team that is great at home. Funny enough both teams kind of suck on the reverse.

Agree that I just want the team to stay tough throughout. 3 games in 4 nights is tough so we'll see how that goes, but just want them to play well overall.

Is a chance for Kessel to finally break out, but with his luck anything could happen.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Hey guys, I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but the team in Atlanta relocated to Winnipeg now, so instead of being called the "Atlanta Thrashers", they are the "Winnipeg Jets". This happened last season.

themoreyouknow.jpg

:sarcasm:

TML g u n n e R s*

Hey guys, I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but the team in Atlanta relocated to Winnipeg now, so instead of being called the "Atlanta Thrashers", they are the "Winnipeg Jets" this happened last season.

themoreyouknow.jpg

:sarcasm:

SHUUUTTT THE FRONT DOORRR!!!!!a

puckluck19

Registered User?
Oct 20, 2008
Courtice, ON
I'll be entrenched behind enemy lines live at MTS Centre. I hope the crowd lives up to the hype, should be a fun time win or lose (but especially win!)

Let's get some momentum rolling with a solid win, boys!

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Reminder guys for the Pre-Game and the GDT: No blanket statements about fans is allowed. To borrow a WPG mod's example,

The Jets fans I was sitting beside were so annoying <-- Fine
Jets fans suck and are miserable <-- Not fine.

Let's keep the jokes to just the franchise and on our boards as neutral boards have different rules

Go Leafs Go!

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON

Thanks Buzz,

Buzz_Killington.jpg

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
You're so negative, man. The Leafs won last night and some people still see things in a negative light. 'IF we played a better team, we would have surely lost'. Come on. That maybe true, but you have no way of knowing for sure.

The leafs BARELY beat the Washington Capitals, the worst team in the east and our PP/PK both rank in at 27th overall which in reality puts us dead last in the league on special teams. I'd say that there is absolutely no reason to get our hopes up at this point.

LeonBlack

Oct 1, 2009
Reminder guys for the Pre-Game and the GDT: No blanket statements about fans is allowed. To borrow a WPG mod's example,

The Jets fans I was sitting beside were so annoying <-- Fine
Jets fans suck and are miserable <-- Not fine.

Let's keep the jokes to just the franchise and on our boards as neutral boards have different rules

Go Leafs Go!

Interesting reading the Winnipeg pgt. Calling them the Thrashers in trolling but calling the Leafs the Laughs in the thread title is cool. I guess Leafs fans have had to grow such thick skins that we forget what it's like when certain fans get a little too sensitive

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
Interesting reading the Winnipeg pgt. Calling them the Thrashers in trolling but calling the Leafs the Laughs in the thread title is cool. I guess Leafs fans have had to grow such thick skins that we forget what it's like certain fans are also little too sensitive.

Hey, at least we don't live in Winterpeg, amirite?

Kidding. Before I get 10 PMs complaining about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad