Pre-Game Talk: GM#11:Feb7th,2013|Toronto @ Atlanta|Road trip continues...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurt

Apr 6, 2009
I would say its more depressing the Leafs have been the worst managed team in pro hockey for decades.

But you know what? When the Leafs do bad, it'll end in a couple of hours but people still have to live in Winnipeg and it's much harder to make that go away ;).

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
tapiocacongelada-simpsons-winnipeg.jpg

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
I would have said that the jokes might have been much, before taking a look at the Jets thread. Wow, that's a pretty rude bunch. Almost make me feel bad for them getting handed a team (it was Atlanta, but in that position who could be picky :)).

Suppose you could just count it as trying to fit into the crowd. Everyone has to hate the Leafs.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
I would have said that the jokes might have been much, before taking a look at the Jets thread. Wow, that's a pretty rude bunch. Almost make me feel bad for them getting handed a team (it was Atlanta, but in that position who could be picky :)).

Suppose you could just count it as trying to fit into the crowd. Everyone has to hate the Leafs.

Yeah, it's the in thing to hate the Leafs if you're a hockey fan.

I don't mind though. I hate the Cowboys and NY Jets for no real reason.

They hate the Leafs for no real reason.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Mike Zeisberger ‏@Zeisberger
Jets director of hockey ops Craig Heisinger on Carlyle after he was traded to Peg from Pitt: “He was an absolute *****.” #Leafs #Jets

:laugh:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
More Heisinger on Carlyle: “During (his) playing days, he would say of coaches: “I’m never going to be one of those ---holes.” #Leafs

:biglaugh: this is gold

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

I was going to post this earlier.....that is a bitter bunch of people.:laugh:

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
More Heisinger on Carlyle: “During (his) playing days, he would say of coaches: “I’m never going to be one of those ---holes.†#Leafs

:biglaugh: this is gold

I hope Carlyle punches him in the face!!!:laugh::yo:

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
LOL at the guy who said the Leafs were the worst managed pro hockey team....

You guys have a line of Poni-Antro-Wellwood.

If we're so poorly managed how come we realized that line didn't work 6 years ago?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Sergei Berezin

You're Wrong
Jan 5, 2007
Ottawa, ON
LOL at the guy who said the Leafs were the worst managed pro hockey team....

You guys have a line of Poni-Antro-Wellwood.

If we're so poorly managed how come we realized that line didn't work 6 years ago?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He's a Leaf fan.

RE: Winnipeg; it's cold. Nice, growing metropolis, but it's a clear level below the other major cities in Canada. That's partly due to the fact that it's very unappealing to immigrants for both economic and sociologic reasons.

With that said, I miss Atlanta simply for their beautiful jerseys.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Thanks for reminding me! Almost forgot, will be up at 12. Wont be the best gdt tho

Paul Hendrick ‏@HennyTweets

Leafs and jets tonight on leafs tv at 8. Fire a question my way and we might put it on. #tmltalk

An hour later and on Leafs TV

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
When did Atlanta get another NHL team?

Can we just accept that the Winnipeg Jets are back.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
He's a Leaf fan.

RE: Winnipeg; it's cold. Nice, growing metropolis, but it's a clear level below the other major cities in Canada. That's partly due to the fact that it's very unappealing to immigrants for both economic and sociologic reasons.

With that said, I miss Atlanta simply for their beautiful jerseys.

Winnipeg is one of the fastest growing cities in Canada BECAUSE of immigration. It's cheaper to live than a larger city which helps immigrants with a bit of a more solid foundation to start off on.

Torn on this game because I'm a fan of both teams. Think it should be a good one, but the "Reimer factor" is overblown, he's played here before for both the Leafs and Marlies. He was in goal for the NYE game last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad