Free Hinostroza

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Hino is 23 and has 23pts in 36games this year. That's a PPG of 0.64. If he kept at that pace for a full 82 game season, he'd have 52pts. That is easily 2nd line production. And if his play drops off a bit, he'd still be better than most 3rd liners in this league.

A team can easily win with him provided he's not the guy on a team. We have Kane. We have Schmaltz. We have Toews. We have DeBrincat. We have Saad. Hino's like our 6th best forward, and he's been great this year.

Note: I bolded parts of my comment to make it easier to notice the parts that are physically proven by statistics. No crazy hyperbole, just clear cut facts.

there you go again, throwing out all those silly facts!!

we have all seen enough of Hino to know he is a NHLer, plays a lot like Oshie and should only continue to evolve his game. I do fear a bit of that sophomore slump that happens, but hopefully we can bring in another top 6 forward with our cap space and spread out the talent for better balance overall and less reliance on guys like Hino, Cat, and Hayden...let these kids fall into their roles do not pressure them or force them into top roles due to lack of top 6 players.

Reactions: BobbyJet

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Hino is 23 and has 23pts in 36games this year. That's a PPG of 0.64. If he kept at that pace for a full 82 game season, he'd have 52pts. That is easily 2nd line production. And if his play drops off a bit, he'd still be better than most 3rd liners in this league.

A team can easily win with him provided he's not the guy on a team. We have Kane. We have Schmaltz. We have Toews. We have DeBrincat. We have Saad. Hino's like our 6th best forward, and he's been great this year.

Note: I bolded parts of my comment to make it easier to notice the parts that are physically proven by statistics. No crazy hyperbole, just clear cut facts.
He has 37 points in 93 games....thats good for .39 points per game. 13 goals in 93 games for .13 gpg. Also facts. Oshie had more goals and points his rookie season as a 18 year old in 57 games. I understand that the comment was that he plays a similar style and its not fair because oshie was a first rounder but cmon. He looks better then he did last year for sure. Hes just a guy IMO. Say he evens it out next year and goes somewhere in the middle at .5 pts per game. Thats Chris Tierny/Sven Andrighetto/Brian Gibbons territory. I dont think you win a cup with that.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
He has 37 points in 93 games....thats good for .39 points per game. 13 goals in 93 games for .13 gpg. Also facts. Oshie had more goals and points his rookie season as a 18 year old in 57 games. I understand that the comment was that he plays a similar style and its not fair because oshie was a first rounder but cmon. He looks better then he did last year for sure. Hes just a guy IMO. Say he evens it out next year and goes somewhere in the middle at .5 pts per game. Thats Chris Tierny/Sven Andrighetto/Brian Gibbons territory. I dont think you win a cup with that.

Hino plays the game the way Oshie did/does IMO - obviously not exactly the same player, but I see some similarities there. I don't need to see a stat line to know if a player is going to be good or stick in the NHL. Hino is going to be a NHL player, he is aggressive, beyond fast as hell, has nice hands and vision. I still do not get your point at all about winning a Cup with him, that makes zero sense to me. Plenty of very shitty players have rings.

The kid is easily out producing his rookie year and destroyed his AHL numbers this year as well - it is called progression and he is evolving nicely. He will be one of those players that can energize a line, be a solid 3rd liner/2nd liner for much of his career. I don't think anyone is going overboard with him and their expectations with him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
First of all, I didn't make the Oshie comparison, AD did.

Secondly, I mentioned his PPG FOR THIS YEAR. I literally wrote this year in my comment. I don't care what he had the previous season. He's a short, 23yo. It was always likely that he'd get better the older he got. It's not like he's a Richard Panik, someone who's in his mid twenties who has a good season after doing little in this league.

You lost this conversation the second you said he wasn't good enough to be on a cup winner. But instead of just taking the L, you decide to try doubling down.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Just stop already.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Bridge deal would be 1.5-2.0 for 1 year
short term 2.0-2.2 for 2 years

more than that doesn't Sound right to me. Less than that and it's a good deal for the Team. Hino is Young, productive and was able to skate equally good on 3 different lines and combinations. He has Speed. That's the modern combination GMs want on their roster.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
First of all, I didn't make the Oshie comparison, AD did.

Secondly, I mentioned his PPG FOR THIS YEAR. I literally wrote this year in my comment. I don't care what he had the previous season. He's a short, 23yo. It was always likely that he'd get better the older he got. It's not like he's a Richard Panik, someone who's in his mid twenties who has a good season after doing little in this league.

You lost this conversation the second you said he wasn't good enough to be on a cup winner. But instead of just taking the L, you decide to try doubling down.
And i mentioned his ppg for his career...
im tripling down on that now. sorry if you disagree with my opinion. Guess only time will tell. If he is every a middling member with any quality ice time of a cup contender i will be wrong. This year i am right.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
I really like Hino. he has a great deal of upside, plays hard, plays fast and could be quite solid. Comparisons to Oshe and Masseshoult are a bit much at this juncture --- but then again, we can be hopeful -- Hino is young and he may get there. Even if he does not, the contributions will be quite positive.

In any event, the Hawks do need to clean house and get rid of Q, and likely let go of a 1/2 dozen or so guys who just are not ready or will never be ready, or are simply past their expiration dates. But of those slated to go, Hino is NOT one of them. Keep him for as long as you can and see what he brings --- young speed with promise is, of course, worth retaining.

Reactions: migi

Paul Allen

Oct 24, 2011
Los Angeles
Oshie wasn't an 18 y/o rookie. He was 22. Major difference.
#facts

Everyone progress differently. See Brad Marchand, or half the league.

Reactions: Blue Liner

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I am only saying in style Hino reminds me of a young Oshie. When Oshie came into the league, he was a wrecking ball, one of the fastest players around, and always in the middle of something. Hino reminds me of that but less physical. Oshie has the better hands and shot, but just in pure style Hino can play like Oshie did and carve out a solid career for himself. nothing apples to apples so my expectations are not Hino having a career like Oshie, just a pest type player with skill...we need those.

Reactions: Robsker

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Holy shit. I can't believe I just wasted the last 10 minutes of my life reading the last couple pages. WTF?

A team with Hino on the roster can't win a Cup. :biglaugh:

Just like a team with Colin Fraser, and Jordan Hendry, and John Madden and Kris Versteeg can't win a Cup.

Just like a team with Brandon Bollig, and Daniel Carcillo, and Jamal Mayers, and Viktor Stalberg can't win a Cup.

Just like a team with Andrew Desjardins, and Peter Regin, and Ben Smith, and David f***ing Rundblad can't win a Cup.
:biglaugh:

That said... I'll admit. I was one who thought Hino was a tweener. He has proven me wrong. I'm fine with that.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Holy ****. I can't believe I just wasted the last 10 minutes of my life reading the last couple pages. WTF?

Just like a team with Colin Fraser, and Jordan Hendry, and John Madden and Kris Versteeg can't win a Cup.

Just like a team with Brandon Bollig, and Daniel Carcillo, and Jamal Mayers, and Viktor Stalberg can't win a Cup.

Just like a team with Andrew Desjardins, and Peter Regin, and Ben Smith, and David ****ing Rundblad can't win a Cup.
:biglaugh:

That said... I'll admit. I was one who thought Hino was a tweener. He has proven me wrong. I'm fine with that.

#arrogant

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Holy ****. I can't believe I just wasted the last 10 minutes of my life reading the last couple pages. WTF?

Not sure why you put Versteeg in with those other bums.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Definitely. Scored some clutch goals for that team.

I liked him a lot back in the day before the knee injury.

It's like an injured knee made him dumber, though. :laugh: He started coughing the puck up so much it was unbearable to watch. Passing directly to the other team at the offensive blueline and shit...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad