Free Hinostroza

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
30-6-13-19 58sog while getting 4th line minutes is pretty incredible

With proper ice time he could be a 60 point player
very true, just like D-cat playing with his linemates most of the time.

Enyaw

The names ... Wayne
Jan 17, 2014
new coach might solve this ......... not sure Q would ever give Vinnie or DCat 18 min

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
new coach might solve this ......... not sure Q would ever give Vinnie or DCat 18 min
a new coach, a new gameplan and complete new philosophy for the new team to embrace.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
30-6-13-19 58sog while getting 4th line minutes is pretty incredible

With proper ice time he could be a 60 point player

I've been impressed with Hino's game this year. He should be a bigger part of the team.

I highly highly doubt he ever gets to 60 pts.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I don't get reactions like this... people leap to crazy thoughts without the actual stats or results lately on how players are used. Just like thinking Cat is always stiffled with Bouma and Wingles when they're at the bottom of his icetime shared with players only above players who were are in the ahl this year.

I think Hino and Kampf together is a good 3rd line option and most of the time they've got that. Only the past game with putting AA and Schmaltz back at 2-3rd centers did it bump them a bit.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I think Hino should have been left in the f***ing top six until he proved he couldn't hack it. He is underrated around here.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
Watch him get traded in a couple days lol

I wouldn't be shocked.

We have 3 undersized wingers that Q is reluctant to play together. That means you have to spread them across 3 lines, which limits options. Perhaps if we need to part with a young forward for d help, he ends up being the guy for that reason. He's also probably more attractive to other teams than Hartman-- the one I'd much prefer get moved.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Ideally if AA stays on the team, I would like to see this:

Debrincat - Toews - Hinostroza
Saad - Schmaltz - Kane
Sikura - Anisimov - Duclair
Hartman - Kampf - Hayden

I refuse to believe Saad is this bad.. He was so solid for us as a 20-21 year old.. Declining at 25?? He should bounce back, and he has looked better with Kane than Toews in the past IMO...

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
I don't think he would be a 60 point player if in the top 6 all year - a solid 45 points from him would be a Godsend for next year if he is utilized correctly.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
It's amazing how many here don't think Hino can get 60pts in a season. He's played 30 games this season so far, and has 19pts. Thats a PPG of 0.63. If he kept at that pace for 82 games, he'd have 52pts. And a lot of those games have been with him playing on the bottom line.

Sure, it's a small sample size. But he's produced no matter the line. And he continues to showcase his skill (that speed and skill on Kane's goal last night was a thing of beauty) damn near every game.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
It's amazing how many here don't think Hino can get 60pts in a season. He's played 30 games this season so far, and has 19pts. Thats a PPG of 0.63. If he kept at that pace for 82 games, he'd have 52pts. And a lot of those games have been with him playing on the bottom line.

Sure, it's a small sample size. But he's produced no matter the line. And he continues to showcase his skill (that speed and skill on Kane's goal last night was a thing of beauty) damn near every game.

He very well may be able to do that but when you look at the current players who put around 60 points per NHL season on a regular basis that's pretty damn good company. I don't think it's insane for people to be cautious about putting that number out there. To completely write it off isn't fair either, but for people to be skeptical is fair, in my opinion. I've loved what I've seen of him since coming back up, with all that said.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
He very well may be able to do that but when you look at the current players who put around 60 points per NHL season on a regular basis that's pretty damn good company. I don't think it's insane for people to be cautious about putting that number out there. To completely write it off isn't fair either, but for people to be skeptical is fair, in my opinion.
I'm not saying he'll constantly be a 60pt player. I'm saying I see him as a 50-60pt player who'll hit 60 at least once in his career.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

Come on now. Every player has an ceiling based on their skills. I don't want to rip the kid as I was a skeptic coming into the year and he's won me over. I like him and I think he can be a nice middle 6 player for this team. But 60 points isn't realistic to me, especially if your suggesting that's his norm, meaning more than once. As America said, 40-45 points seems like a reasonable expectation.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I'm not saying he'll constantly be a 60pt player. I'm saying I see him as a 50-60pt player who'll hit 60 at least once in his career.

That speed is something to behold. Even with the league getting faster, your average fast player has a hard time keeping up with Hino. You know he’s good when fans of other teams are going out of their way to complement him and that is happening more and more often. 60 points is a solid ceiling considering he is on his way up skill wise, hope it continues into next season. We need him to be our new Bickell contract, the original cheap long term deal.

TQE

Mar 4, 2014
The thing that's impressed/surprised me this year with Hino is his passing. Didn't see that coming at all. Last year, he played like he literally had zero peripheral vision.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The thing that's impressed/surprised me this year with Hino is his passing. Didn't see that coming at all. Last year, he played like he literally had zero peripheral vision.

The game has definitely slowed down for him.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Come on now. Every player has an ceiling based on their skills. I don't want to rip the kid as I was a skeptic coming into the year and he's won me over. I like him and I think he can be a nice middle 6 player for this team. But 60 points isn't realistic to me, especially if your suggesting that's his norm, meaning more than once. As America said, 40-45 points seems like a reasonable expectation.
The post right above yours is me literally saying that I don't expect him to do it more than once or twice.

Damn near every poster here except for me and Bobby all thought Hino was a tweener at the start of the season. That his lack of being here wasn't a big deal and that we weren't much worse off with a guy like Bouma playing instead.

As it turns out, almost all of you were wrong. And as I stated in the comment you replied to, if his PPG was translated to a 82 game season, he'd have 52pts. Again, small sample size. But he's gotten little time playing to the left of Kane. And only had a handful or so games playing with Toews. He generates offense himself no matter the line.

I truly feel, if he was getting consistent minutes playing with one of our top lines, that he'd have at least one season with 60pts. You can tell me I'm wrong, but the evidence is out there in his advanced stats and his highlight goals/plays.

And again, I was one of the only ones whose been right about him to this point.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
The post right above yours is me literally saying that I don't expect him to do it more than once or twice.

Damn near every poster here except for me and Bobby all thought Hino was a tweener at the start of the season. That his lack of being here wasn't a big deal and that we weren't much worse off with a guy like Bouma playing instead.

As it turns out, almost all of you were wrong. And as I stated in the comment you replied to, if his PPG was translated to a 82 game season, he'd have 52pts. Again, small sample size. But he's gotten little time playing to the left of Kane. And only had a handful or so games playing with Toews. He generates offense himself no matter the line.

I truly feel, if he was getting consistent minutes playing with one of our top lines, that he'd have at least one season with 60pts. You can tell me I'm wrong, but the evidence is out there in his advanced stats and his highlight goals/plays.

You should probably stick-tap yourself a couple more times just to make sure we all know it. ;)

Reactions: ChiHawks10

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL

As it turns out, almost all of you were wrong. And as I stated in the comment you replied to, if his PPG was translated to a 82 game season, he'd have 52pts. Again, small sample size. But he's gotten little time playing to the left of Kane. And only had a handful or so games playing with Toews. He generates offense himself.

It was posted while I was typing my response, so I didn't see it until after, sorry. When I hear, "be a X pt player" I think of the normal or a good season for the guy, not his best possible outcome, but maybe that's just how I think of it.

But I still disagree with your assessment, which is fine. I don't think he's more offensively gifted than Saad for example, who's high mark is 53 pts. I doubt he ever gets as much playing time as Saad does either, given Saad's superior defensive play.

Again, to be clear, I hope I'm wrong and I like Hino's game, but we disagree about what his offensive ceiling is.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
The kid needs to get the f*** away from Q to have a chance. Q has a hardon for him for some reason and misuses him on a regular basis.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad