Free Hinostroza

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
tenor.gif

On topic, it's nice to be right. I think Hino's floor is going to be a solid depth player and at best he'll be an excellent complimentary piece to our top 6. He's playing with speed and with balls right now and I think he gets even better next year.

I'm excited about him and the rest of our young forward talent

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
i am the one who called him a tweener...i was wrong. he can play in the nhl. butttttt if hes on your roster your not winning a cup.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
i am the one who called him a tweener...i was wrong. he can play in the nhl. butttttt if hes on your roster your not winning a cup.
I was as well, but your last statement is just silly. He is much like Versteeg of 2010, remind me of what happened that year.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Marchessault is more talented than Hino.
Right now. JM didn't do anything in the NHL until last season when he was 26. Vinny's 23 and showing he belongs.

You are not the only one here who called him a tweener. However, saying that he's not worthy of being on a cup contender is laughable. He's on a 50pt pace this year. He's an asset to any team that has him.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
From what I remember there was a relatively commonly held view on these boards that Hinostroza was nothing special and him being in Rockford instead of Chicago wasn't that big of a deal

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
From what I remember there was a relatively commonly held view on these boards that Hinostroza was nothing special and him being in Rockford instead of Chicago wasn't that big of a deal

Yeah, I think most had him pegged as a tweener. Very happy he's blasted those expectations into smithereens. Pretty bullish on Vinny, considering the growth he's shown. A 3 year bridge for $2M per sounds good to me. Might take a bit more, $2.25M?

migi

Feb 25, 2015
Yeah, I think most had him pegged as a tweener. Very happy he's blasted those expectations into smithereens. Pretty bullish on Vinny, considering the growth he's shown. A 3 year bridge for $2M per sounds good to me. Might take a bit more, $2.25M?

This is fine.

I had Hartman and Hinostroza together at $4.5mil so we could make a splash for Trouba level kind of player with cap hit. Now we only sign Vinnie and Edjsell may take the jump or some other ELC guy. I also had Duke at $2.5 but I rather give him max $2mil now or let him go.

I still think Duclair has some potential. He just lacks some high hockey IQ which I think could be teachable. Panik was considered as kind of ”stupid” hockey player who lacks IQ but he still developed quite nicely. I think Duke can do the same. $2mil for him per year, maybe for two years isnt bad.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
Yeah, I mean, I may very well be dumb and not to be listened to but that doesn't change or affect the...oddity...of the comment in question here.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

yea and he had a designated 4th line role. hino cant play 4th line.

Come off it. Your dislike (or whatever it is) of Hino is obvious, hence your posts on the subject of his worth are not objective. Bizarre, in fact.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
hes not that good. im consistently positive over the 7 years of posting here. Maybe only the two negative posts are about hino and saad. I think they are both not very good. I see that i am in the minority here. i think it will reveal itself going forward that if they play in a role that requires them to score and play a large amount of time the team will not win. but yes blue liner did imply that many many times then when the video popped up he backed off it.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
hes not that good. im consistently positive over the 7 years of posting here. Maybe only the two negative posts are about hino and saad. I think they are both not very good. I see that i am in the minority here. i think it will reveal itself going forward that if they play in a role that requires them to score and play a large amount of time the team will not win. but yes blue liner did imply that many many times then when the video popped up he backed off it.

Where in any of what I said did I remotely imply that "Toews hates the organization"? Seriously, what planet do you live on? Please do not use anything involving your brain to form implications involving anything I say. Based on this and some of your other statements you are not qualified to do so. Move along.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I've made no secret that I've always liked Hino's game.

IMO, Saad was overrated around here since he was first drafted. When traded, I was hoping that he would develop in Columbus and be the Hossa-lite he was touted to become but disappointingly it hasn't happened. He's still a good third liner but we need much more consistent offense from him if he is to play top-6, and it doesn't seem that he will ever quite get there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad