Free Hinostroza

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Eh? 40+ points, at 13 minutes a night, and you're sarcastically complimenting this fact to make fun of him?

Serious question. Do you ever post anything of value here? Or is it all uninformed garbage like this?

Shaw: 20 points in 50 games playing 15:48 a night.
Hino: 25 points in 47 games playing 13:52 a night.

Shaw makes $3.9M a season. Hino is going to come in much lower than $2.5M. So where are you even getting the $2.5M from?
neither of them make 2.5. i was asking the question that i asked. Who would you rather have for 2.5? as thats what im figuring about what hino will get (overpayment like most of bowmans extensions) and about what shaw should be now.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd personally rather have the Shaw at 2.5 that we had in Chicago, than what Hino has shown so far. But that Shaw pretty much no longer exists, so it's a moot point.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Waffle much? First, a tweener. Not good enough for the NHL. Then, not good enough to play on a cup contender. Now, not good enough to play significant minutes on a cup contender. Next season, it will be that he's not good enough to be a first line player on a cup contender.
well i said hes not good enough to be on a team that wins a cup. then i even conceded a bit and said significant minutes on a contender. hes not going to be a fourth liner so i have no problem whatever you choose.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
well i said hes not good enough to be on a team that wins a cup. then i even let everyone off the hook and said significant minutes on a contender. hes not going to be a fourth liner so i have no problem whatever you choose.

Hino is a better player than quite a few guys that played on the 3 cup winning Hawk team.... A lot of really bad players, play on cup winners.

So, you're completely wrong.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
Hino is a better player than quite a few guys that played on the 3 cup winning Hawk team.... A lot of really bad players, play on cup winners.

So, you're completely wrong.
i sure as hell havnt been proven wrong. he plays 3rd line minutes on a bottom dwelling team right now.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
i sure as hell havnt been proven wrong. he plays 3rd line minutes on a bottom dwelling team right now.

So you think Brandon Bollig is a better player than Hino? Carcillo? Andrew Desjardins? Stalberg? Adam Burish? Ben Eager? Tomas Kopecky?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
So you think Brandon Bollig is a better player than Hino? Carcillo? Andrew Desjardins? Stalberg? Adam Burish? Ben Eager? Tomas Kopecky?
i think all of those players are 4th liners that are better at playing the 4th line role then hino who i dont think will ever play a fourth line role. I think hino and stalberg are fairly comparable except with stalberg size coaches felt comfortable to play him on the 4th line.

Rolo

Aug 9, 2011
Hino is a perfect bum-slayer on the 3rd/4th line, who can jump into top 6 and play the PP.

IMO, keep him in bottom 6 with Kampf or put him with Toews and Saad.

Saad-Toews-Hinostroza
Hayden-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-Anisimov-Debrincat
Jurco-Kampf-Duclair

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Hino is a perfect bum-slayer on the 3rd/4th line, who can jump into top 6 and play the PP.

IMO, keep him in bottom 6 with Kampf or put him with Toews and Saad.

Saad-Toews-Hinostroza
Hayden-Schmaltz-Kane
Sikura-Anisimov-Debrincat
Jurco-Kampf-Duclair
i agree, Hino is a great 3rd liner and that is where he can really establish his career there. however i wonder, as some of mention, can he be more than a body skating on the top 2 lines. i think he can really contribute there.

now i never thought last season that he would be anything more than a 4th liner.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
i think all of those players are 4th liners that are better at playing the 4th line role then hino who i dont think will ever play a fourth line role. I think hino and stalberg are fairly comparable except with stalberg size coaches felt comfortable to play him on the 4th line.

And what is the "4th line role" in the NHL today?

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
And what is the "4th line role" in the NHL today?
guys that are on cheap contracts, that play minimal minutes, and have a designated role...ie physical presence, faceoffs, penalty kill, power play or a overbloated contract that a team cant move out. Hino is none of those things after this year.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
guys that are on cheap contracts, that play minimal minutes, and have a designated role...ie physical presence, faceoffs, penalty kill, power play or a overbloated contract that a team cant move out. Hino is none of those things after this year.

And why exactly does he have to fit on the 4th line. Even though I do not agree with your definition of "4th liner". You realize he is a better producer than the average 3rd line player, even on a cup contender? (See: Nashville, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Boston, Vegas, Winnipeg)

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
And why exactly does he have to fit on the 4th line? You realize he is a better producer than the average 3rd line player, even on a cup contender? (See: Nashville, Pittsburgh, Tampa, Boston, Vegas, Winnipeg)
using your answer and changing it a little "so what is define as a 3rd liner in todays NHL".

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
First of all, he does play on the PP.

Secondly, he adds needed speed to this team. He moves the puck up ice as good as anyone here. I'd sure as hell rather have that than a guy who can simply be a "physical presence".

Thirdly, no one here knows how much he'll be re-signed for. You threw out a number of $2.5m a year, but just because you say that is how much he'll make, doesn't make it so. And even if it is, we'll have the space for him next year.

And lastly, it's a dick move to bump up this thread on his birthday just to be condescending about him.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
using your answer and changing it a little "so what is define as a 3rd liner in todays NHL".

Guys that can produce at the NHL level, but not enough or consistently enough to be penciled into the top six... Guys with talent, that are decent two-way players. Bum slayers. Guys that feast on the easy matchups. Secondary scoring.... Guys that, if there's an injury in the top six, can fill in for a spell.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
First of all, he does play on the PP.

Secondly, he adds needed speed to this team. He moves the puck up ice as good as anyone here. I'd sure as hell rather have that than a guy who can simply be a "physical presence".

Thirdly, no one here knows how much he'll be re-signed for. You threw out a number of $2.5m a year, but just because you say that is how much he'll make, doesn't make it so. And even if it is, we'll have the space for him next year.

And lastly, it's a dick move to bump up this thread on his birthday just to be condescending about him.
yes he plays the PP on this team and they are 29th in the league. why is it a dick move almost every poster in here feels that hes a good player it seems like and i would doubt he cares what some nobody forum poster says about him

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
yes he plays the PP on this team and they are 29th in the league. why is it a dick move almost every poster in here feels that hes a good player it seems like and i would doubt he cares what some nobody forum poster says about him
Kane also plays on a 29th ranked powerplay. Unlike Vinny, he's not on a cheap contract.

I doubt he reads this forum, but there hasn't been a Hawks game in several days and the next one isn't until tomorrow. You bumped this thread, on his birthday, to simply say 'happy birthday mediocre player with only 39 career points!'. You used his birthday as an opportunity to start up your moronic trash talking of him. That is a dick move.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Guys that can produce at the NHL level, but not enough or consistently enough to be penciled into the top six... Guys with talent, that are decent two-way players. Bum slayers. Guys that feast on the easy matchups. Secondary scoring.... Guys that, if there's an injury in the top six, can fill in for a spell.
sorry for pulling your teeth out here. but i needed to have you see the point i was making.

again, i said that last yr, i never saw Hino more than a 4th liner. in the previous sentence i said that he is what i expected that he would be a very good 3rd liner. (here i am paraphrasing)

then i asked a simple question thru a statement. does anyone here can see him contributing as a top 6 ??

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
sorry for pulling your teeth out here. but i needed to have you see the point i was making.

again, i said that last yr, i never saw Hino more than a 4th liner. in the previous sentence i said that he is what i expected that he would be a very good 3rd liner. (here i am paraphrasing)

then i asked a simple question thru a statement. does anyone here can see him contributing as a top 6 ??
Yes. His PPG has dropped a bit the last month or so, but he's still at better than a 0.5ppg rate. Brad Richards had less than that playing almost exclusively as Kane's centermen in 14-15.

Hino will never be THE guy on a scoring line, but he can be a piece of one.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Yes. His PPG has dropped a bit the last month or so, but he's still at better than a 0.5ppg rate. Brad Richards had less than that playing almost exclusively as Kane's centermen in 14-15.

I am not a conspiracy person - but I do find it odd his numbers have declined the past month - I will have to research his deployment, but with him coming up on a new contract, just saying maybe Q found a way to "stunt" his numbers some to help with the $$$$ on his RFA deal???? I don't know, again need to look into icetime and deployment with him the past 10-15 games. Finally, one of Q's failures could actually pan out and help us!

Last edited:

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
"We will never forget" that amazing moment in the 2010 finals, where Carcillo tried to run Kopecky, and ran over Jeff Carter instead. Then chirped him hard about it... :laugh:

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I am not a conspiracy person - but I do find it odd his numbers have declined the past month - I will have to research his deployment, but with him coming up on a new contract, just saying maybe Q found a way to "stunt" his numbers some to help with the $$$$ on his RFA deal???? I don't know, again need to look into icetime and deployment with him the past 10-15 games.
I honestly think it's just how the roster is at this point that is hurting him and a lot of the forwards on the team. With Toews, Duclair, and Hayden injured and Hartman and Wingels traded away, Q's had to mix the lineup a lot more.

For example, Hino is currently on a line with Kampf and Sharp, which will probably make it a bit harder for him to produce offense, while Anisimov is with Jurco and Martinsen, so AA may have already scored his last goal as a Hawk.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016

i agree with your pov.

as i have stated this in the past, this season, he has improve in my eyes by 100 %.

so yeah, a solid 3rd liner, hell with the right lineup a contributing top 6.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad