FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.14 - For Sale: All of the Leafs Pending UFA's and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oskar The Groucho

Oct 2, 2009
Barrie
Leafs got better than expected value for Kaberle/Beauchemin/Versteeg, and we traded them well before the deadline.

Islanders got terrible value for Vanek, and they waited right up until the deadline.

I dont think we're in line to make a ton more value by waiting until the end.

We arent and should of start the bidding 3 weeks ago.. Sadly Nonis who knows what he is doing..:amazed:

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Dreger seems to think that TB needs/wants D and Toronto could help them out.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
isn't that the key word. unless the deals are low ball? we don't know, what if they are. if they were just shipped out it would be all "is that the best we could have gotten?"

We may a high offer, how do we know we don't? Why was Burke always able to pull off Steals a month prior to the deadline? Versteeg, Beauchemin, Kaberle, Berri. ect...

We lose Franson for nothing if he gets hurt, isn't this bad asset mgt?

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
That would be among the stupidest things we could do. Remember the Lindros trade? The Lindros side never won a cup, but the other side sure did...

thats just how tired i am of retools ...and the only reason the flyers didnt win a cup was the GM was too stubborn to get a half decent goalie.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Steve Staios just said on TSN, that sitting Franson out because he is banged up is not an option, even with the stong possibility of a trade coming. Yep, he said this.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Steve Staios just said on TSN, that sitting Franson out because he is banged up is not an option, even with the stong possibility of a trade coming. Yep, he said this.

what Steve Staios said was that it doesn't go through the coaches mind.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
He also said, if he can play, they are playing him.

exactly. and he obviously can play. that's the coaches decision. if he wasn't healthy, he'd be on IR , because the coaches would shut him down. and if that were the case, chances are he wouldn't be able to be traded anyway

holy smokes.
some of you people are just acting like all the tradeable players should be wrapped in cotton batting and not move a twitch until they get traded.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
Awfully quiet. When Burke was here, he usually got ahead of the game and made his deals in advanced of the deadline.

This is one of the most "no grey area" parts of our fan base. One of the many.

With Burke he "wouldn't shut his yap and only spewed hot air"
With Shanahan "Whyyyy won't he say something he's too quiet cmon Shanny sayyyy something"

It really kills me when I see either one said, and it would be worse if the same people said both.

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
oh my ...Eklunds latest blog is funny!!
Hockey Buzz Eklund @Eklund 2m
New Rumor Blog>
Arizona Strong Interest in Kessel? Kane Price High Despite.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
This is one of the most "no grey area" parts of our fan base. One of the many.

With Burke he "wouldn't shut his yap and only spewed hot air"
With Shanahan "Whyyyy won't he say something he's too quiet cmon Shanny sayyyy something"

It really kills me when I see either one said, and it would be worse if the same people said both.

I have 100x more confidence in Burke exacting max return on a deal than Nonis and the Nonis/Shanahan deals that are on record. All we have is past deals to gauge this.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
I have 100x more confidence in Burke exacting max return on a deal than Nonis and the Nonis/Shanahan deals that are on record. All we have is past deals to gauge this.

Agreed. Some horrid signings, poor drafting. But those deals. I would love Dubas, Shanahan and Hunter's vision with Burke as a trade adviser in the background.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
exactly. and he obviously can play. that's the coaches decision. if he wasn't healthy, he'd be on IR , because the coaches would shut him down. and if that were the case, chances are he wouldn't be able to be traded anyway

holy smokes.
some of you people are just acting like all the tradeable players should be wrapped in cotton batting and not move a twitch until they get traded

Bingo!! In theory sure we could sit out Winnik, Santa, Franson (and why not Kessel, Phaneuf, Bozak etc.) because, hey they might get hurt and then we can't trade them. Plus we don't want to win anyway right? In fact, that's what all teams should do who can't make the playoffs ...

It doesn't work that way people for many reasons. One of these reasons is that it's the coaches job to win games.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Agreed. Some horrid signings, poor drafting. But those deals. I would love Dubas, Shanahan and Hunter's vision with Burke as a trade adviser in the background.

I love the Leafs and I want to be positive, but I am really worried that we will be fleeced in trades with this Mgt team. The most I am hoping for is we get fair return. No taking on more salary and no giving up picks for starters.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
The Hockey News ‏@TheHockeyNews

Cover of the upcoming Trade Deadline Preview edition of The Hockey News, which will be on sale late this week.

B9at1sOCIAAb1jD.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad