FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.14 - For Sale: All of the Leafs Pending UFA's and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lifeisnice

Apr 23, 2014
Canada
They won't need (if anything he might hurt your plan) Bernier for the next 5+ years. If you can get something for him......

No matter how well you draft, this org needs to be able to develop players at the pro level. That includes giving them the ability to win, which involves goaltending. Even if we drafted Strome/Mariner/Hanifin, what if they play their best but still lose every game because goaltending is crap? Confidence goes, coaching roulette, and you stay at the bottom of the standings. Also, Goaltending is everything if you dont have it. I shudder to remember Toskala and Raycroft getting beat by every snapshot from the circles on the rush

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Unless we can flip Berns + for Edm's 1st -- I don't see why we would be looking at trading him, we'll be searching for a goalie just like him by next season.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
yeah one way to improve remeirs value would be saying you might trade bernier....therefore implying remeir is the one you keep

Or, let him play to show teams that he is healthy and able to go.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Only way Bernier gets traded is if he asked for one behind closed doors.....

Well I think there are a lot of players that are not safe at the moment, as long as it is fair return, and we are making deals to clear the decks for a retool/rebuild. I am on board with anyone moving. Especially players that are or will be taking up cap space.

beer123

Nov 15, 2009
Rights to Bernier + Phanuef (1M per year retained) could get a decent return from a team like Edmonton.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Only way Bernier gets traded is if he asked for one behind closed doors.....

Reimer wont command 6 million dollars. Kind of makes those rumors of Fucale (I know they are just rumours) actually mean something. Ride Reimer while Bibeau + another goalie with strong potential develop. It certainly fits a rebuild plan to keep Reimer over Bernier.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I wonder if Anaheim would be interested in Bernier? They are win now, Gibson and a pick would be solid returns for a team rebuilding.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
RFA that has some value and has not proven he is a #1G and is one to stand to make a raise. Sounds like good reasons to me.

Who's gonna be our goalie then? Disgruntled Reimer who's a UFA after next season?

I mean we'll have to keep some players, can't ship off everybody.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Who's gonna be our goalie then? Disgruntled Reimer who's a UFA after next season?

I mean we'll have to keep some players, can't ship off everybody.

Does it really matter who is the goalie next year, if this team is finally going to bottom out and rebuild. If this is the Shanahan plan.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Does it really matter who is the goalie next year, if this team is finally going to bottom out and rebuild. If this is the Shanahan plan.

Reimer 2.8 million
Bibeau (ELC)

Out all UFAs.
Start picking at the core: Bozak/Lupul/Phaneuf
See how the draft goes and what position/player we get
Make a summer decision on the future of the Leafs and Phil Kessel

If you are rebuilding, you are rebuilding.

BrannigansLaw

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2006
Boston, MA
When you give out senseless contracts to guys like Bozak, Clarkson and Phaneuf, good players you can't afford anymore gotta go. Bernier may be the first casualty of Nonis' genius on that front.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille