FA/Trade Thread 14-15 Season V.14 - For Sale: All of the Leafs Pending UFA's and More

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Dominic Moore? I have given Dominic Moore virtually zero thought since he left the Leafs.

The last time Dominic Moore was on the Leafs our top three scorers were Blake, Ponikarovsky and Stajan. Jeff Finger was our big UFA signing and everyone had Jonas Frogren avatars. Oh and we finished last place that year too.

Forgive me if I'm not longing for those days.

Dominic Moore is a good role player on a successful New York team who has gone to the conference finals twice and the finals once since he left here in Montreal, Tampa and New York. Maybe you want to consider those angles instead of moaning about how Kessel's meaningless numbers are so great.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
I wonder if LA would have interest in Kessel? They're a pretty low-scoring team.

Maybe but they already have Gaborik and they are in cap hell right now. Don't see how they could fit Kessel under the cap.

Also, don't think LAK have the pieces to get Kessel. No real stud prospects in their pipeline now

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
We should be calling LA like crazy right now.

They're down to a 25% chance to make the playoffs and I doubt they would want to waste a year of that core.

Franson for Kempe makes a lot of sense

They're apparently quite interested in acquiring a dmen and have already made inquiries about Phaneuf. They do look like a potential trade partner.

I'd be targeting Kempe for sure, but I'd also be very interested in Nikolai Prokhorkin.

Sep 14, 2009
Guelph
Maybe but they already have Gaborik and they are in cap hell right now. Don't see how they could fit Kessel under the cap.

Also, don't think LAK have the pieces to get Kessel. No real stud prospects in their pipeline now

It would have to be Toffoli, Kempe, 1st and we'd have to take Richards too probably.

Don't think I'd do it if I'm LA but who knows.

theIceWookie

#LeafHysteriaAlert
Dec 19, 2010
Canada
Dominic Moore is a good role player on a successful New York team who has gone to the conference finals twice and the finals once since he left here in Montreal, Tampa and New York. Maybe you want to consider those angles instead of moaning about how Kessel's meaningless numbers are so great.

Pretty easy to do when you keep getting traded to strong playoff bound teams. Don't try to spin it to sound like Moore was some integral part of those runs. He's a good depth player and a nice locker room guy but he's by no mean's a make or break piece in a playoff run.

Kessel meanwhile has had absolutely no help from his management to put them into the playoffs. Very easy to make it sound negative though, which I know many around here love to spin it when it comes to Kessel.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
I wonder if LA would have interest in Kessel? They're a pretty low-scoring team.

they would be interested in the premise of adding a scorer like that, sure

but the logistics of it and the assets/cap issues they have say, suggests almost no chance in heck.

WilliamNylander

Papi's home
Jul 26, 2012
they would be interested in the premise of adding a scorer like that, sure

but the logistics of it and the assets/cap issues they have say, suggests almost no chance in heck.

Yeah this...

Pretty sure every team in the league would be "interested" in adding Kessel but when it comes to the price and cap implications...it really narrows down the market.

Only a few teams have an established core that Kessel puts over the top, and then a lot of these teams don't have the cap space and/or assets to go and trade for Kessel

CerebralDevil

Jul 14, 2011
It would have to be Toffoli, Kempe, 1st and we'd have to take Richards too probably.

Don't think I'd do it if I'm LA but who knows.

I would have to think that Phaneuf, Ashton to LA for Shore, Forbort/Miller, Richards and a 2nd would be more of trade LA will pursue, and it would benefit both clubs.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
LA is more interested in Phaneuf. I can see him going there in the summer

unless LA was the west destination that dion refused to waive for.

not sure how they build a trade around dion/Richards.

that's gonna be a tricky sell to both fan bases.

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010

:yo: :yo:

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010
Pretty easy to do when you keep getting traded to strong playoff bound teams. Don't try to spin it to sound like Moore was some integral part of those runs. He's a good depth player and a nice locker room guy but he's by no mean's a make or break piece in a playoff run.

Kessel meanwhile has had absolutely no help from his management to put them into the playoffs. Very easy to make it sound negative though, which I know many around here love to spin it when it comes to Kessel.

It's funny cause he's scored in like 4 or 5 game 7's now...nice try though!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJb15M_wQco

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WzNz8Mcx2I

Here's a couple of his series winning goals.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I understand your point

but I believe it's more important to lead by example , then hollow words (if they don't back up their bark)

I agree with you, which is why I think Polak is a better leadership candidate than Robidas. I just think that Polak has both rather than one or the other

dominicmoore19

Jun 8, 2010
I think Toffoli would be nice in a Leafs uniform, where he belongs....

2010 NHL Entry Draft:

43. Brad Ross
47. Tyler Toffoli

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Dave Nonis has been after Toffoli ever since he took over as GM. Makes you wonder if he told Burke to take the kid over Brad Ross.

I could see LA getting desperate and paying the (reported) price of Toffoli or Pearson (along with Richards) to get Phaneuf

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Dave Nonis has been after Toffoli ever since he took over as GM. Makes you wonder if he told Burke to take the kid over Brad Ross.

I could see LA getting desperate and paying the (reported) price of Toffoli or Pearson (along with Richards) to get Phaneuf

God I hope so

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I'm thinking LA is probably going to add a couple of pieces in order to make a run for the playoffs. Jets and Canucks aren't doing so hot right now, but Colorado and Minnesota are gunning for the WC spots at the moment. LA has a number of games left vs those teams... Gotta win them if they want to make the playoffs

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
According to Darren Dreger, Nashville Predators GM David Poile and Toronto Maple Leafs GM Dave Nonis met in Nashville on Thursday night, but neither appears to be in any rush to make something happen. It's believed Mike Santorelli is looking for a three-year term with a minimum of $3 million per season to stay in Toronto.

http://www.tsn.ca/dreger-report-any-takers-for-injured-kane-1.201337

Predators On The Prowl

There has been much speculation on Nashville's interest in Toronto Maple Leafs defenceman Cody Franson.

However, general manager David Poile is as much or more interested in one of Toronto's forwards to strengthen his lineup. Poile isn't looking to add a major piece and risk disrupting what he has up front, but there could be a fit with centre Mike Santorelli or winger Daniel Winnik. Poile and Leafs GM Dave Nonis met in Nashville on Thursday night, but neither appears to be in any rush to make something happen.

The Maple Leafs did have some discussions with Santorelli's agent J.P. Barry about re-signing the pending unrestricted free agent, but the Leafs have not made an offer to extend. It's believed Santorelli is looking for a three-year term with a minimum of $3 million per season to stay in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad