OT: Everybody needs a little like in their life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
Easy solution is to stop f***ing embedding stupid twitter in posts. Just post a link. No one needs that shit cluttering up the threads anyway.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I'd rather see the tweet than have to chase it down. But FYI, just posting the link now automatically embeds it. But if you click on the reply link you should be able to see the actual link and chase it down.

Reactions: Duck Off

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I could be wrong but I think they're complaining about a firewall issue.
No its the tweets.
If you embed a tweet, the script adds infinite blank space after it so you can't see any other posts in that page. I have to wait for the thread to go to next page before i can see any posts again

The Noot

scaldin ur d00dz
Apr 12, 2012
Zurich
Just signed up. Not sure what it's about exactly but it looks like just a chat app?
More or less.

You can have multiple chat rooms on a server, each dedicated to a more specific topic.
Like a forum in chat form.

It also supports voice chat, so you could say it's a fancier version of Skype and TeamSpeak.

It has become fairly popular because you have servers dedicated to a multitude of topics and communities all in one place.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Is anyone else dealing with the glitch, where all of the text in every single post (including this one, as I'm typing it) is automatically bolded?

The "quick reply" box and the multi-quote function also need to be updated. Multi-quote doesn't work for me at all, and the quick reply sometimes bugs out, especially when I try to ctrl+c, ctrl+v some stuff into it.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Is anyone else dealing with the glitch, where all of the text in every single post (including this one, as I'm typing it) is automatically bolded?

The "quick reply" box and the multi-quote function also need to be updated. Multi-quote doesn't work for me at all, and the quick reply sometimes bugs out, especially when I try to ctrl+c, ctrl+v some stuff into it.

I just noticed everything is in bold. Haven't tried the rest.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro
It's not a glitch, it's some problem with the forum settings. People are complaining about it on other sections of the forum too. Someone dun goofed up.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Has the main board become more unbearable lately? I only see the headlines of threads and can tell that the content is nothing but a gleaming pile of hot s***. Sometimes I open the thread to confirm my initial assertion. In addition to this, the trade board is mostly a competition of who can post the twitter links fastest to get their avatar on the front page.

It is irritating to witness such stupidity. Maybe it's my lack of sleep because of my 1 month old keeping me up days and nights. Or maybe the main board has found a new low.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
Ok, I give up. Twitter posts everywhere and I can't read shit around here anymore. I'll check back in a couple months and see if they fix the issue.

DucksFanDFW

Sep 18, 2009
Ranger, TX
The twitter thing only acts up for me at work because Twitter is a blocked site.

It's blocked here, but it always has been. Before it would just be a blank post. Now it scrolls the entire screen and I can't read anything below it, I have to just go to the next page or quit reading.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
It's blocked here, but it always has been. Before it would just be a blank post. Now it scrolls the entire screen and I can't read anything below it, I have to just go to the next page or quit reading.

The twitter thing is more than one person. I really think we ought, by convention, to agree to not post twitter links in GDTs at the least.

Does this problem occur whenever a tweet is embedded, or whenever anything twitter related is posted? Would it be possible to work around that by using BBCode to create a link? Something like:

[url=randomtweetURL]Link here[/url]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad