OT: Everybody needs a little like in their life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Okay. So? You think the admins give a **** about it? I'm sure they're aware already.
I guess I don't understand your point/question. If it isn't HF caused of course HF isn't going to care. If people are having firewall problems because of their school/employer/whatever, I don't think you will ever get all the HF users to somehow accommodate work arounds for problems they don't even see or understand exist.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
It's blocked here, but it always has been. Before it would just be a blank post. Now it scrolls the entire screen and I can't read anything below it, I have to just go to the next page or quit reading.

It happens on my laptop and twitter is obviously not blocked on my own personal laptop :dunno:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I guess I don't understand your point/question. If it isn't HF caused of course HF isn't going to care. If people are having firewall problems because of their school/employer/whatever, I don't think you will ever get all the HF users to somehow accommodate work arounds for problems they don't even see or understand exist.
My comment presumes you're aware that most folks having problems now weren't before. Which I think is a good presumption. The likely cause is some HF f***up. Your it-works-for-me-so-it-must-be-your-problem tack doesn't solve anything.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
My comment presumes you're aware that most folks having problems now weren't before. Which I think is a good presumption. The likely cause is some HF ****up. Your it-works-for-me-so-it-must-be-your-problem tack doesn't solve anything.
I know some people are always having work/school related issues. I obviously don't know about everybody. With the large change HF went through it would not at all be surprising if going thru any kind of firewall was a new problem that HF isn't going to care about. I merely offered up my experience to note that is wasn't a problem affecting everybody and that it just might be possible HF isn't going to or can't fix it. No more, no less.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Wait, it requires a user fix, not an HF fix? Wow, good thing somebody didn't just wait for HF to fix it.

Well, they could've advertised the fix a little better than on some obscure part of HFBoards. This is a product they're providing and when their customers are having issues with the product it makes sense to do just about everything they can to try and remedy it whether the business is at fault or not.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Well, they could've advertised the fix a little better than on some obscure part of HFBoards. This is a product they're providing and when their customers are having issues with the product it makes sense to do just about everything they can to try and remedy it whether the business is at fault or not.
I don’t dispute that at all. I’ve had problems in the past and got absolutely no response from HF. There really is no tech support here. You can usually bet that if everybody doesn’t have the same problem, HF isn’t going to help you.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal

Thx. That worked.

It's not a firewall issue. That fix proves it's shitty scripting from HF. This is the only board i visit that was having the embedded twitter problem. The "fix' solves the issue because doing an inspect on the page allows Chrome to see the shitty script causing the problem and correct itself.

I would use firefox except NoScript is no longer working with the latest update of firefox. I also prefer chrome from an account/bookmark syncing perspective. I don't want to have to give firefox my login info. Google already knows every ounce of me down to my DNA so it's easier to just stay synced with Chrome between work/home/phone etc etc.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Wait, it requires a user fix, not an HF fix? Wow, good thing somebody didn't just wait for HF to fix it.
Yeah, the point was to try to make life easier for the people who were having problems until it was figured out, by whomever. You wanted to be convinced it was your problem first. Luckily someone figured out a solution and let us all off the hook proving it up for you.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Yeah, the point was to try to make life easier for the people who were having problems until it was figured out, by whomever. You wanted to be convinced it was your problem first. Luckily someone figured out a solution and let us all off the hook proving it up for you.
Spin it however you want. My comment wasn't intended negatively towards anybody here. There were comments about waiting for HF to fix it. I offered up why that might not be a good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad