OT: Everybody needs a little like in their life

Status
Not open for further replies.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I wonder what happens when someone starts deleting a bunch of "liked" posts.

Just a theoretical question, mind you.
After the migration first opened up I was fourth in likes with 26. Out of nowhere I dropped to 11 likes so I think that's a thing.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
To be fair, there are a lot of things behind the scenes that may go unnoticed. Moderator tools, administration tools, traffic loads, and hardware demands. None of these things could be apparent to us, at least at this point, but all could have improved.

I'm a little out of touch with what is going on behind the scenes these days, so I have no idea if any of this is the case, but I don't think Buffaloed would have made the change without feeling it would be an improvement. We just may not be on the side of things that improved.

There could also be a lot of future positive changes for our benefit, that the new software makes possible, that may take some time to implement properly. I'm sure it's a work in progress. There was a lot of work put into this, so I don't think it's change for the sake of change.
Was there?

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Google keeps sending me notices of the pictures that I took on the Ducks trip to Finland and Sweden. Apparently there is some feature in my version of Goggle that lets you know on anniversaries of when the pictures were taken. That was six years ago, although I don't think that six years is a particularly impressive anniversary. Good times, except for the opening game that they lost to Buffalo. My wife and I would go again if they played in Europe again.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Well, for one thing, the dinosaurs are clearly going to be running rampant and killing people left and right.

I'm not Phil.

the-dinosaur-supervisor-in-jurassic-park-has-the--2-27235-1434374470-5_dblbig.jpg

Reactions: Ducks DVM
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Not sure why they like to keep upping the size, then people complain about the calorie count.
Why call it junior at all at that point. It's just a weird thing. I don't mind small versions of regular menu items--my fridge would be stuffed with leftovers from fast food meals that my wife couldn't finish otherwise--but it's weird to see a jumbo junior anything. Who is the market for that.

evomacky

we heff no effor
Jan 7, 2014
Anaheim, CA
Why call it junior at all at that point. It's just a weird thing. I don't mind small versions of regular menu items--my fridge would be stuffed with leftovers from fast food meals that my wife couldn't finish otherwise--but it's weird to see a jumbo junior anything. Who is the market for that.

same thing for me. sometimes we even split the combos depending on the serving. even then you get sick of it and dump everything in the trash the next day.

Reactions: Boogernaut

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
The ads on this site are getting ridiculous, constantly getting these video ads that cover the entire page, ads that load last causing the page to move around, and just making it so slow and a pain to use. And ad blocker doesn't work anymore for some reason. I be fine having ads on here if they didn't make the page run slower than a snail or were extremely intrusive to the experience.

kducks

Duck Off
Sep 19, 2007
OC
I would post a photo I took from my office in Irvine, but I apparently have to pay for that privilege through photobucket now.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
I'm so out of the loop regarding CA. What's the deal with this fire? Just had a friend mark himself as "safe" on Facebook. Is it worse than what usually comes around yearly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad