Erie Otters 2015-16 Season Thread (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Saw a lot of complaining from Otters fans regarding officiating tonight, but I don't get it.

They let a lot go both ways. Hopkins got away with a bad check from behind. The penalty on Marner (tripping Pettit) was a garbage call.

I agree it was very inconsistent, as it always is, but if someone thinks it was in favor of London they aren't seeing clearly.

I didn't think there was anything too controversial called. Marchment tried putting the London player through the boards, 2 delay of game, Betz' meltdown, Stromes hack, and Dermott's roughing at the end of the 2nd (which I did not see) . The rest of the Erie penalties were coincidental.

PuckDog

Apr 10, 2016
The one question that I have is .. 3rd man in gets a game misconduct but no one goes in the box for a 2 minute minor for that at least? I find that interesting that for the penalty they do not play short

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
The one question that I have is .. 3rd man in gets a game misconduct but no one goes in the box for a 2 minute minor for that at least? I find that interesting that for the penalty they do not play short
Penalties were

Betz 2 minutes instigating, 5 minutes fighting, game misconduct.

Yakimowicz 2 minutes roughing , 10 minute misconduct (no idea why)
Macdonald game misconduct 3rd man

Betz's minor and Yak's minor cancel each other leaving Betz's major as the only penalty.

KnightsFanSince98

Mar 8, 2016
London
Hey, think positive! At least you don't have to listen to Sportsnet talk about how the underdog Knights are upsetting the powerhouse Otters the whole series. /salt

I think it is safe to say that even though this is a 1st seed vrs 3rd seed Western Conference final, that the 3rd seed is not considered the underdog.

Last edited:

PuckDog

Apr 10, 2016
Penalties were

Betz 2 minutes instigating, 5 minutes fighting, game misconduct.

Yakimowicz 2 minutes roughing , 10 minute misconduct (no idea why)
Macdonald game misconduct 3rd man

Betz's minor and Yak's minor cancel each other leaving Betz's major as the only penalty.

I understand the penalties.. I just do not understand why a 3rd man does not also get a minor as well. Just a personal gripe

Rubbers29

Jan 9, 2012
He got 2 minors....Tkachuk served one of them

Ya but the one was done as Erie had scored, the 2 guys in the box had to wait until the whistle, Graves and Debrincat should have left at the same time, I think there was an error with the box staff. you could see Graves complaining about something as Debrincat skated out of the box.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Lol but maybe Erie doesn't finish first if they didn't have Strome or Debrincat? I mean you could say this about every team. No offence but I was simply agreeing that these just seem to be kinda silly statements that's all.

Nothing silly about it if you understand the way the game is played Buttsy. :amazed: Not sure who the old timer was on the London post game but he put the series in a nut shell. London played the Attack and the Rangers in two hard fought series. The Otters had easier opponents and now face a talented squad and the proof is in the pudding.

Last edited:

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
95, I take exception to your comment that Erie has a raunchy fan base. There are a few a------s, but I can assure you that 99% of our fans are decent people. I go out of my way to welcome out of town fans, and we have made good friends in Owen Sound. I can tell you that I will never travel to London again. We made a bus trip there some 6 years ago for a playoff game. One of my friends, who is handicapped, was made fun of in the team store by more than one fan. No one welcomed us, or even tried to. London easily won, and as we were leaving, many of those high class fans flipped us off. Our friends in Owen Sound echo the same sentiment. However, I am sure that a majority of their fans are not like that.

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
95, I take exception to your comment that Erie has a raunchy fan base. There are a few a------s, but I can assure you that 99% of our fans are decent people. I go out of my way to welcome out of town fans, and we have made good friends in Owen Sound. I can tell you that I will never travel to London again. We made a bus trip there some 6 years ago for a playoff game. One of my friends, who is handicapped, was made fun of in the team store by more than one fan. No one welcomed us, or even tried to. London easily won, and as we were leaving, many of those high class fans flipped us off. Our friends in Owen Sound echo the same sentiment. However, I am sure that a majority of their fans are not like that.
^ a VAST majority may be a better description.
I've been to every rink in the OHL and some rinks that are no longer in existence and these "notorious" fans are few and far between for all fanbases.
IMHO it's not a refection on the team or fanbase but just a reflection on that person.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
^ a VAST majority may be a better description.
I've been to every rink in the OHL and some rinks that are no longer in existence and these "notorious" fans are few and far between for all fanbases.
IMHO it's not a refection on the team or fanbase but just a reflection on that person.

Good point Ward. Watching that game most fans were just watching the game like in every barn. There are always a few around the penalty box that are ship disturbers and a few fans in the crowd that only go to drink and act out in every barn.

DubCee21

Nov 28, 2013
Ya but the one was done as Erie had scored, the 2 guys in the box had to wait until the whistle, Graves and Debrincat should have left at the same time, I think there was an error with the box staff. you could see Graves complaining about something as Debrincat skated out of the box.

No error. The original call was on Graves. The coincidentals came after the whistle. He still had to sit his extra 2 because it didnt start until his first minor was up. When the PP goal was scored his coincidental started and it became 5 on 5, hence having to wait for a whistle to come out after his 2nd 2 min was up.

Last edited:

KnightsFanSince98

Mar 8, 2016
London

I vaguely recall reading about this years ago. I agree with you, their are a$$holes in every rink. And what happened to you sucked. I for one am like you and welcome other fans to London at home games and like to induce good conversations and ask questions about their team. I encourage you to try again someday. I will personally greet you. We have great fans and a great rink for everyone, not just Londoners.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
Wasn't there, have seen fans ape the opposing players in the box, don't agree with it. After all the years of nonsense from London players like Rinaldo as well as Dale whining to the refs when his team is up 4-1 (He's ALWAYS the victim) The fans get rowdy.

On the bright side, it's preparing them for playing in Philadelphia. :laugh:

DubCee21

Nov 28, 2013
So who gets inserted with Betz obviously going to be out? Biley, McRae, or Egan, or do they bring Webb back?

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Wasn't there, have seen fans ape the opposing players in the box, don't agree with it. After all the years of nonsense from London players like Rinaldo as well as Dale whining to the refs when his team is up 4-1 (He's ALWAYS the victim) The fans get rowdy.

On the bright side, it's preparing them for playing in Philadelphia. :laugh:

Are we to understand that any team with a 4-1 lead or more have no say from their coaches if their players are being run over by the other team. And it's only Dale that does all the "whining" , it's never done by any other coaches in the league, your comment is what one would say ; "Very Bias !" with hardly any creditability.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Sorry, I missed the game. Can someone give a quick re-cap of what Betz did? Please and thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad