Erie Otters 2015-16 Season Thread (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Yup nothing like defeating the bottom team in the league to bolster that self-esteem huh?:sarcasm:

Wasn't really about that for Erie. It was about showing up for 60 minutes, especially starting the game fast and not slow, a winning games you should. I don't think their self esteem was or is low. I think their attitude needed to change though and look what happened- you start the game with energy/scoring early and you play a decent 60 minute night relatively and you got the win. Surprise surprise. If Erie actually shows up to play hockey they will win on most nights and that's the message. They were acting like they could skate by the rest of the way. In fact I think they were starting to become complacent and over confident as a team, not under confident

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
EOttos, haters are gonna hate. Win or lose, count on abuse moving forward. Just ignore the hateful posts or just take the advice from the sticky at the bottom.

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
EOttos, haters are gonna hate. Win or lose, count on abuse moving forward. Just ignore the hateful posts or just take the advice from the sticky at the bottom.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a hater. Poking a little fun and humor is not abuse. Erie has a great team this year and an amazing record, but if I give you guys compliments every time, we'll have to make the forum larger to accommodate the bigger egos.:laugh:

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
It was painful to watch, especially until the 3rd period, but once they decided that enough was enough, they quickly dispatched the Storm. Smith was yapping and being a true knucklehead, which got them off of their game. Once they started to hit, they had no problems. I had asked Coach Knoblauch how he thought they would do next season last June at the player's award dinner. He told me he believed they would get 50 wins. How about that? Three 50 win seasons in a row. 53 would be really sweet.

Beast Mowed

Apr 18, 2015
Erie, Pa
Smith was obviously getting under their skin, kind of "unotterlike" for them to get off their game. Remember the playoffs when Nurse was yapping? All they did was laugh at him & play better.

They had a hard time getting past the "mental block" of passing to green jerseys, thank god they have another team to play before the green jerseys show up. :)

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yeah that game was ugly until the third but a wins a win.

Pretty amazing this franchise is in the record books now with three straight 50 win seasons.

DubCee21

Nov 28, 2013
Smith was obviously getting under their skin, kind of "unotterlike" for them to get off their game./QUOTE]

I'm amazed that he didn't have several more penalties with all the dirty stickwork behind the play and after the whistle. The spear on Lodnia, in particular, as he followed him up the boards after the whistle and gave him a nice blade in the gut. Both refs with their backs to it as usual.

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
Lots of stuff could happen this coming week. Erie just needs to win 2 games in regulation of the 3.
I heard Knoblauch gave players next 2 days off to spend time with family. Probably for multiple reasons> first off they have earned it with their 3rd straight 50 win season. Secondly they have a big 3 in 3 coming and need to be fully energized and rejuvenated. Also once this week passes it's playoffs and they could go until end of May until they have some family alone time. So get it in well you can. And lastly Knoblauch and coaching staff can prepare for task at hand this weekend
I'm interested to see how the goaltending works. Owen sound Friday is a "tough" matchup. Divison opponent who can always give fits. McNiven is capable of stealing games. You have to be ready to play. And Lawr is inconsistent. But with 2 games the next two nights I want Williams rested. I totally would get seeing Lawr play. And really trusting the guys in front to protect him especially since Byrne should be back and it's full lineup of defense. I also could be down with starting Williams and if you start by flying around and have a 2 goal lead after 1 then pull Williams. We will see but playing Lawr can be risky

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Wheres H10? Is that u EOttos?

All should come down to head to head on the weekend if both teams can take care of business in their next game.
I'd love to see Lon/Erie2 meet up in the conference finals.

London has won the last 2 going away but it means little this weekend. As I've said all year 1st OA is important.
Not the be all and end all but big. Bigger than experience imo.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Wheres H10? Is that u EOttos?

All should come down to head to head on the weekend if both teams can take care of business in their next game.
I'd love to see Lon/Erie2 meet up in the conference finals.

London has won the last 2 going away but it means little this weekend. As I've said all year 1st OA is important.
Not the be all and end all but big. Bigger than experience imo.

Still here aresknight. Haven't posted because haven't been much to say with the team stuggling. Also went out of town for a bit. I'm waiting until they do something to prove to me they still belong, this weekend will be a lot of that proof I need. Nothing much to say with the effort they have been given the last 2-3 weeks.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Still here aresknight. Haven't posted because haven't been much to say with the team stuggling. Also went out of town for a bit. I'm waiting until they do something to prove to me they still belong, this weekend will be a lot of that proof I need. Nothing much to say with the effort they have been given the last 2-3 weeks.

Watch those ankles hoping off the wagon. :)
Thru thick n thin.....
U still got a solid squad in Erie, just maybe the crowd has caught up a bit as the season wore on.

Last edited:

NOA

Apr 17, 2015
It would appear that Erie will begin playoffs on Friday and Sunday of March 25 and 27th. Bayhawks play home on Thursday and Saturday night so one would assume Erie will draw games Friday and Sunday to start their first round playoffs at home

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Ah, c'mon hockeye. You showed more faith in the Knights during their slump than the entire Knights board :laugh:

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Ah, c'mon hockeye. You showed more faith in the Knights during their slump than the entire Knights board :laugh:

This is true. I just knew the talent of London is too explosive. Their slumps aren't going to mean much. Probably most talented/skilled team in league. Erie on other hand needs to win because of effort and execution. Last year they could get by and I never concerned myself, a bad effort game and they still might win Because of the talent. They won 50 games and Williams was subpar last year. This year if they don't show up to play any team can win like flint did last week. Their intangibles are their strength and if they don't start playing with those in mind they won't be very successfully. I still am fully bought in on team I just want to see the effor that was put forth early in year. I still like their odds to make a run. But they will need to step up their attitude a bit and start working for it.
I just don't got much to say like EON when they lose with lack of effort. Next time I'll just say what EON says and put a hand to the face emoticon.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
Would they play on Easter Sunday? That sucks. I was going to travel home to see my family. I had told them that they wouldn't play on Easter.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
They could go Monday? But I'd guess Sunday.

Interesting question. I just looked at EIA events and indeed the arena will be occupied on Thursday and Saturday. No way they start Wednesday, don't even think ohl let's teams begin until Thursday, but either way they wouldn't given a 3 in 3 this weekend. If they get the 1 seed and face Saginaw they might do a 1-1-1 series. Friday is a given for the first game I would imagine. Maybe Saturday in Saginaw or potentially they play Monday at home and then play Tuesday and Thursday in Saginaw. Would imagine they don't play Easter Sunday because not sure as many fans would go but would be night game and most celebrate Easter in morning/afternoon.
Would guess either Friday/sun
Or Friday/mon and Tuesday/Thursday or Wednesday/Thursday on road

And if 1 seed then potential for 1-1-1 series with Saginaw. I believe they did a 1-1-1 with them back in 2013-14 playoffs with Saginaw
Edit: correction they didn't do 1-1-1 against Saginaw in 2014 but did a 2-3-2 series.

KnightsFanSince98

Mar 8, 2016
London
Interesting question. I just looked at EIA events and indeed the arena will be occupied on Thursday and Saturday. No way they start Wednesday, don't even think ohl let's teams begin until Thursday, but either way they wouldn't given a 3 in 3 this weekend. If they get the 1 seed and face Saginaw they might do a 1-1-1 series. Friday is a given for the first game I would imagine. Maybe Saturday in Saginaw or potentially they play Monday at home and then play Tuesday and Thursday in Saginaw. Would imagine they don't play Easter Sunday because not sure as many fans would go but would be night game and most celebrate Easter in morning/afternoon.
Would guess either Friday/sun
Or Friday/mon and Tuesday/Thursday or Wednesday/Thursday on road

And if 1 seed then potential for 1-1-1 series with Saginaw. I believe they did a 1-1-1 with them back in 2013-14 playoffs with Saginaw
Edit: correction they didn't do 1-1-1 against Saginaw in 2014 but did a 2-3-2 series.

I believe the rule is that all playoff series must follow a 2-2-1-1-1 format
Regardless of proximity, period.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Last edited:

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I believe the rule is that all playoff series must follow a 2-2-1-1-1 format
Regardless of proximity, period.
Correct me if I am wrong.

Not sure. I know for fact they played that 2-3-2 in 2014 playoffs. Might have changed since though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino