Erie Otters 2015-16 Season Thread (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Other than not giving up 3 PP goals early in 1st, what changes do you expect to see from the Otters tonight.
Will they keep using a couple lines vs. LK top line. Or will they go with 1 vs 1 or the checking line exclusively.
Will Erie try to make it a tougher game to play in? More physical? ( not penalties -but more after whistle face washing, baiting guys like Tkachuk ect...)
Is Williams weak spot up high?
Does Erie shorten the bench early knowing how big this game is?
I know both teams are good in the dots, anyone know who won that battle Wednesday? I think it'll be big again today. London needs to be close to even on draws.

BobbyStokers9713

Mar 23, 2016
Big game for the otters tonight. Looks like they are bringing out all their chips bringing 97 to the game to get the crowd into it.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Yeah this has been pretty sad to watch. No effort or energy at all. Williams has let in two stinkers.

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Hate to say it but the Rangers put up a better fight than the Otters have so far. You have to wonder if Erie would have ended up in first if it wasn't for Williams keeping them in games. Just saying.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Kind of a silly comment. A goalie is part of your team. How would London fare without Parsons playing so well?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Kind of a silly comment. A goalie is part of your team. How would London fare without Parsons playing so well?

Better coach, forwards and defense maybe. Still sound silly? London came on strong at the end of the season. Erie is a good team but without Williams I am not sure they end up first. Believe me I was not or will ever cheer for the Knights. This is just the way it looks at the moment.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London

I agree never understood this line of thinking? If he is on your roster isn't he expected to be a part of the game plan. My Dad hated the Leafs he would always say "without Curtis Joesph they would be terrible"...... but they had Curtis Joseph? Confuses me to?

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Its not that hard to contemplate. If you look at the Islanders as an example. Their goalie has kept them in the series. Otherwise they would be done for. Williams has been hot all year but the Otters are not the same team when he isn't. Same with Barrie. Their goalie is great but Niagara has found a way to beat him.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Absolutely disgusting fans in Erie tonight near the penalty box. Brutal.

Adult men chirping at teenagers in the box.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Well even if it goes to game 5, I can't go because of work. So it's unfortunate that was will be my last game of the season. Extremely disappointing effort all around.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Its not that hard to contemplate. If you look at the Islanders as an example. Their goalie has kept them in the series. Otherwise they would be done for. Williams has been hot all year but the Otters are not the same team when he isn't. Same with Barrie. Their goalie is great but Niagara has found a way to beat him.

Lol but maybe Erie doesn't finish first if they didn't have Strome or Debrincat? I mean you could say this about every team. No offence but I was simply agreeing that these just seem to be kinda silly statements that's all.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
What a raunchy fanbase :laugh: middle-aged men going at it with teenagers, humping the glass and another full-grown adult giving the finger to the camera.

PuckDog

Apr 10, 2016
I have to say that London was the better team tonight but the officiating in the OHL playoffs is atrocious. I am simply amazed at how they can call one penalty on one play and ignore the same on the next. ... just a rant.

Hoping for a game 5 and 6 and 7

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Saw a lot of complaining from Otters fans regarding officiating tonight, but I don't get it.

They let a lot go both ways. Hopkins got away with a bad check from behind. The penalty on Marner (tripping Pettit) was a garbage call.

I agree it was very inconsistent, as it always is, but if someone thinks it was in favor of London they aren't seeing clearly.

PuckDog

Apr 10, 2016
Saw a lot of complaining from Otters fans regarding officiating tonight, but I don't get it.

They let a lot go both ways. Hopkins got away with a bad check from behind. The penalty on Marner (tripping Pettit) was a garbage call.

I agree it was very inconsistent, as it always is, but if someone thinks it was in favor of London they aren't seeing clearly.

I am not saying that it was in favour of London, I just think that it was bad all around. Very inconsistant.

I, for one, was hoping McDavid would jump out of the suite and show the boys how the game is played again.

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I am not saying that it was in favour of London, I just think that it was bad all around. Very inconsistant.

Yeah and I definitely agree with you there. Just a lot of complaining around me tonight and from some fans on social media about bias.

London has just been quicker and had much better energy than Erie. And they have gotten much better goaltending from Parsons than Williams has given Erie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad