Erie Otters 2015-16 Season Thread (part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Over 4000 tickets sold right now. Erie notoriously loves to buy tickets at the counter before games as well.

Wouldn't be shocked to see between 4500-5000 tonight, which isn't a horrible draw being a Wednesday. A win tonight would likely result in 5500-sellout on Sunday
Did you just look at that?
Because Yeah I figured a lunch crowd--- always good lunch crowd on day of game getting tickets. If they get 400-500 more before 5pm then hey maybe we can get closer to 5000

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Did you just look at that?
Because Yeah I figured a lunch crowd--- always good lunch crowd on day of game getting tickets. If they get 400-500 more before 5pm then hey maybe we can get closer to 5000

I thought from everything I've read over the last few years that once they advanced this far it was a given the house would be close to full. Could it have been the McDavid factor and outta town sales?

Hopefully they get a big push this afternoon. Kids on both teams will love a full house, engaged crowd. We know those there will make noise. But seems odd for a conference final vs. the evil empire.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
I thought from everything I've read over the last few years that once they advanced this far it was a given the house would be close to full. Could it have been the McDavid factor and outta town sales?

Hopefully they get a big push this afternoon. Kids on both teams will love a full house, engaged crowd. We know those there will make noise. But seems odd for a conference final vs. the evil empire.
It's very odd. I mean sold out would be a stretch but over 5000 was thought to be a given.. I mean we aren't the greatest fans here but they know the circumstances right now..
I don't think Mcdavid had that huge of an impact. Certainly added regional fans but bigger impact in my view for regular season. At this stage normally people jump on board regardless of the team. Especially when considering previous years.
Fans are weird around here, likely waiting to see how game 1 goes then jumping on board if they feel the need.
I don't know. Most Erie people with knowledge, Vic Fernandes etc, will tell you it's a bit perplexing. There was a concert last night, a concert next Monday, a few shows at Warner theater, monster jam, Seawolves - etc. people might have money tied elsewhere. My theory is also that if you can only go to 1 of the 2 or afford one of the 2 that most would go to a Sunday night game-
Oh well I'm not sure. That's how fans are down here, weird. But based off sales for Sunday I would expect a lot more for that game and a win tonight for Erie might push the Sunday crowd to sold out

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
Looking like only 1 entry so far? Cancelling due to lack of interest or rewarding the prize before the start of the series?

would never think of canceling it
thought it would bring some hockey / player discussion not just crowd size and scheduling

and to rangersblues I did not think any other fans would have a care

you want to enter open until puck drop at seven

wonder if one of my signed McDavid jerseys would have drawn more interest :)

knowescape

Made you look
Jan 26, 2016
Ontario
Momentum. Given the speedy end to the previous series and the protracted start to ticket sales, fan enthusiasm could have been distracted by something else that was shiny. Whoever decided to hold back on ticket sales until a couple days before the event needs a boot in the arse as well. Imagine coming off the thrill of victory only to find that tickets for the next round weren't available the next day or the one following. Momentum lost.

h10*

Jan 12, 2011
Momentum. Given the speedy end to the previous series and the protracted start to ticket sales, fan enthusiasm could have been distracted by something else that was shiny. Whoever decided to hold back on ticket sales until a couple days before the event needs a boot in the arse as well. Imagine coming off the thrill of victory only to find that tickets for the next round weren't available the next day or the one following. Momentum lost.

Thank you... Exactly what I said. Should have started sales on Saturday morning and I bet it's a different story...

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
would never think of canceling it
thought it would bring some hockey / player discussion not just crowd size and scheduling

and to rangersblues I did not think any other fans would have a care

you want to enter open until puck drop at seven

wonder if one of my signed McDavid jerseys would have drawn more interest :)

Thanks for trying to get it going.
I won't if a simpler Guelph style model would have garnered more interest.
Winning team, game winning goal?
Definitely easier for you :)
Again thanks for giving it a go.
Good luck this series. I'll try n get something in

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
Thanks for trying to get it going.
I won't if a simpler Guelph style model would have garnered more interest.
Winning team, game winning goal?
Definitely easier for you :)
Again thanks for giving it a go.
Good luck this series. I'll try n get something in

good point
maybe for the championship i will offer up something else from my vast collection of clutter with a simpler challenge

RoyalCitySlicker

Sep 6, 2013
ok enough of the round about about schedule

lets do some Vegas style picks for this series

what team scores first goal of series LONDON
who gets the goal ? MARNER
what team takes the first penalty of series LONDON
who is it ? GRAVES
how many bench minors total both teams total for series ? 0

will see a fight (not roughing minors ) YES
which player will score most goals MARNER
which player will be asst leader DVORAK

player with the most TOTAL points MARNER
what team will have the most goals scored by the defense ERIE
number of short handed goals teams combined total ONE
series winner LONDON

1 point for each right answer possible 12 points
player with most correct answers wins a conner mc david bobble head (unsigned sorry) as i have 3 and only really need 2 of them

open to ERIE and London fans only please

THANKS FOR THE OPPORTUNITY! :yo:

EpicOtters

Nov 26, 2013
Eh, why the hell not...

What team scores first goal of series ERIE
Who gets the goal? STROME
What team takes the first penalty of series? LONDON
Who is it? TKACHUK
How many bench minors total both teams total for series? ONE

Will see a fight? (not roughing minors) YES
Which player will score most goals? STROME
Which player will be asst leader? MARNER

Player with the most TOTAL points? STROME
What team will have the most goals scored by the defense? ERIE
Number of short handed goals teams combined total? ZERO
Series winner? ERIE

GoKnightsGo44

Aug 31, 2006
Ok lets go!

What team scores first goal of series ERIE
Who gets the goal? Raddysh
What team takes the first penalty of series? Erie
Who is it? Strome
How many bench minors total both teams total for series? 3

Will see a fight? (not roughing minors) YES (Parsons v.s. Debrincat)
Which player will score most goals? Dvorak
Which player will be asst leader? Tkachuk

Player with the most TOTAL points? Marner
What team will have the most goals scored by the defense? London (Crawley gets two)
Number of short handed goals teams combined total? 3 (PUuuuuuuuuu)
Series winner? London after 4th overtime in game 6

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Why so undisciplined? What's the deal, why now? Erie has been great all season at keeping the PIMs down and now they implode after a great start with a quick goal from Maksimovich.

And the PK is playing way, way too soft on London's top unit. They have all the time and space they want to move about the offensive zone.

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
game one to the Knights

poor P K for the Otters took the wind out of them

they never gave up but could not climb back

hope they learned something tonight

on to sunday

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I thought the Otters played well after the first, outplayed London honestly.

But that first period was just a mess. Poor discipline and terrible PK, London's top line dominated.

Williams needs to be better, period. London had great chances but he got caught too deep and was beaten glove side repeatedly, he looked like the Williams of last season.

Hopefully the team from the last 40 minutes shows up in game 2, which is now a must win game.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
^ Up as much as London was you'd expect the other team to push the play, as happened. But come the third not many quality chances for Erie.
Same would happen if London got down big after one period to Erie.

I thought London had as many or more quality chances 5 on 5 after one period.

I doubt Erie hands London another 1st period gift we saw today.
They usually seem to rebound well. And I expect it.
Long wait til game 2.

buzzworthy

Jan 14, 2014
The first period was one of the worst that the Otters have had in several years. The wheels fell off. The 3rd line didn't hit. No one hit, except for Jake. Can't they figure out that you can beat these guys by checking them? Let them skate up and down the ice all night and we are doomed. The taunting by #7 by pointing to the score board and laughing should be enough to get these guys fired up. It sure got me fired up.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Why so undisciplined? What's the deal, why now? Erie has been great all season at keeping the PIMs down and now they implode after a great start with a quick goal from Maksimovich.

And the PK is playing way, way too soft on London's top unit. They have all the time and space they want to move about the offensive zone.

Wanted to say Thanks I can't picture the next game being gift wrapped with a big old fat bow on it like last nights game. Somebody badly missed on the preparation portion of their role ..........? It looked like the Seinfeld episode where George starts saying the exact opposite of what he normally does. It's like Erie sat down and made a list of all the things they shouldn't do against London and then went out and did exactly that? Weird one to say the least.......

Maxxim1

Oct 17, 2005
"Does Erie even deserve home ice? Not like they finished 10 points above London but won it on a dumb tiebreaker rule"

Ryan Pyette everyone. Biggest biased load of crap guy out there in this league.

I bet if you put Ryan Pyette in a room with Walt Tkaczuk, Keith Tkachuk, Matthew Tkachuk and Brady Tkachuk he could probably identify most of them.
Unlike your local scribe Victor Fernandes who watched only one of the above for three hours last night and couldn't figure it out. :shakehead

http://www.goerie.com/erie-otters-lose-at-home-after-giving-up-4-goals-in-first-period

The Erie Otters' early lead was merely a cruel tease for the nightmare that was about to unfold.
London's enjoyed four straight power plays in the opening 10 minutes.
The Knights' Christian Dvorak, Mitchell Marner and Keith Tkachuk caught fire like only that high-powered trio can.

IceWolve

Aug 11, 2015
I thought the Otters played well after the first, outplayed London honestly.

Williams needs to be better, period. London had great chances but he got caught too deep and was beaten glove side repeatedly, he looked like the Williams of last season.

EON your long lost friend from the North in Sudbury and not that our team had anything to cheer about this year. But I had picked the Otter's to win it all. But man I saw the highlights of the game against LONDON last night and watched twice and all I could see was the Williams of last year against OSHAWA in the Final.

Pretty scary, he goes down far too soon and they just roof the puck over his shoulder every time and that to poor lateral movement and wow he was right back to last year's Championship Form. What happened, if he keeps that up, I stand corrected and KNIGHTS will win in 4 straight.
If Williams loses again, any chance you think your coach will put in your Rookie back up goaltender, has he even seen any playoff action ?? Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Have to say sorry for the size of Erie crowds Barrie only 3,200 and change tonight on their regular game night.

ottergolfer

Jan 27, 2013
contest up date

first goal ERIE K MAC
First Penalty ERIE Alex D

GOAL LEADER tie Alex D (erie) Matt T (london) 3
asst leader Christian D (london) 3
Points leader Christian D (london) 5

goals by team D London 1 Erie 0

no fights no shorties no bench minors in game 1

Status
Not open for further replies.