Friedman: Edmonton was close to a "big" trade on Wedneday involving a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
and Allen's game fell completely off a cliff in November. Montreal waited too long because they were trying to gouge other GM's.
I think Montreal intended to keep Monty all along. Allen is who they would trade. But Habs have no need to trade either. Primeau will likely be waived. He is not NHL quality.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
and Allen's game fell completely off a cliff in November. Montreal waited too long because they were trying to gouge other GM's.
Yeh looks like they’ll be left with nothing like when they tried to ship off an injured Edmundson and when they tried to ship off a mentally shattered Price.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I think it was already reported that we weren’t interested in Allen. Likely what happened is Montreal asked too much for Monty and we walked.
I don't think Montembeault was ever available. Habs been trying sign him for 2 months.

We got a 2th and a 7th for Kulak. Trade you Kovacevic for same?

• Wow
Reactions: Natey

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I don't think Montembeault was ever available. Habs been trying sign him for 2 months.

Interesting, there’s one oilers fan who won’t stop talking about Kovacevic lol. I don’t know the player myself though, mind giving a scouting report?

We really like that Kulak trade too. How does he compare?

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005

Screw you. We're keeping him.

Interesting, there’s one oilers fan who won’t stop talking about Kovacevic lol. I don’t know the player myself though, mind giving a scouting report?

Back off.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Kovacevic has more value to the Habs than a 2nd round pick. You can have Savard though!

pth2

Jan 7, 2018

Kulak is more mobile and more offensive, but also less reliable. Kovacevic is more of a steady guy who does his job quietly, though he's joining the attack more these days (and I'm not sure it's his game).
See him as a complementary D on the bottom 4, who can play on the PK and is never a liability.

For a 2nd and a 7th, I'd be listening, frankly, even though Montreal has no reason to move him - he fills his role just fine at a very low salary, and we can't ice a team of 21 year old rookies and 2nd year players.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Holland can't even make one goalie trade while since September Canucks have got a good backup goalie in DeSmith, good 4th line grinder in Lafferty, traded for A depth dman in Friedman, and now traded Beauvillier and got another D in Zadorov. All of that for a bunch of low end picks. All this happening within a span of 2 to 3 months lol. Just shows the difference between this management and Oilers management that can't even get a backup for Skinner, nevermind a #1 goalie.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ya a guy the Habs got on waivers, never had an outstanding NHL season, is already 27 and won't get any better, and he's magically worth a 1st round pick !! :facepalm: Gotta love fans!! :laugh:
Don't look but he has gotten better. I mean he was good enough to be the main guy for Team Canada.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Kulak is more mobile and more offensive, but also less reliable. Kovacevic is more of a steady guy who does his job quietly, though he's joining the attack more these days (and I'm not sure it's his game).
See him as a complementary D on the bottom 4, who can play on the PK and is never a liability.

For a 2nd and a 7th, I'd be listening, frankly, even though Montreal has no reason to move him - he fills his role just fine at a very low salary, and we can't ice a team of 21 year old rookies and 2nd year players.

Thanks. Lots my likes so take a verbal like. I think your assessment of Kulak is bang on too.

Kova is interesting I think if he can bring similar to what Ceci brings for less.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
They've shifted their focus to Merzlikins, I believe. It was reported that they didn't have much interest in Allen, and Primeau isn't solving any problems at all here. They need a 1B, and Primeau ain't that.

Yeah lol
If it wasn't Monty, who is actually good, better look elsewhere because both Primeau and Allen are f***ing terrible, and they won't help you at all, unless the goal is to not win hockey games

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah lol
If it wasn't Monty, who is actually good, better look elsewhere because both Primeau and Allen are f***ing terrible, and they won't help you at all, unless the goal is to not win hockey games
I think Edmonton was pretty interested in Monty but Montreal wanted to extend him the whole time. Allen and Primeau are… yeah. Not it, haha.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Kovacevic has more value to the Habs than a 2nd round pick.

IMG_0535.gif

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Thanks. Lots my likes so take a verbal like. I think your assessment of Kulak is bang on too.

Kova is interesting I think if he can bring similar to what Ceci brings for less.
I've suggested Kovacevic for Ceci and a sweetener, but Ceci would not be very useful to Montreal so it becomes too much of a sweetener, unless Edmonton has immediate use for that cap room, but even then it becomes steep.

Kovacevic + Allen for Ceci, Pickard and... ?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

Bob Stauffer is the Oilers mouthpiece. So I'd expect some fire around this. There is definitely smoke

Assuming Campbell is included and the Oilers 2 to 3 1st round picks (or equivalent) that is needed to dump Campbell. What then for Merz who is playing like a 1A goaltender?

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Assuming Campbell is included and the Oilers 2 to 3 1st round picks (or equivalent) that is needed to dump Campbell. What then for Merz who is playing like a 1A goaltender?
Why the f*** would we give up 1st rounder when Elvis makes more?? Skinner is a 1B and has 1A potential

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Why the f*** would we give up 1st rounder when Elvis makes more?? Skinner is a 1B and has 1A potential
Why the f*** would CBJ trade Merz, who is playing 1A, for the guy who is relegated to the AHL because he's a complete disaster? What kind of stupidity is that?

Skinner is a backup goaltender.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I've suggested Kovacevic for Ceci and a sweetener, but Ceci would not be very useful to Montreal so it becomes too much of a sweetener, unless Edmonton has immediate use for that cap room, but even then it becomes steep.

Kovacevic + Allen for Ceci, Pickard and... ?

Ceci for Kova is a base that makes sense.

Allen is not on Oilers radar at all though according to recent reports. So take him out of the deal altogether.

2 and a 7 went for Kulak. What do you think the add on Ceci should be to trade Kova?

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ceci for Kova is a base that makes sense.

Allen is not on Oilers radar at all though according to recent reports. So take him out of the deal altogether.

2 and a 7 went for Kulak. What do you think the add on Ceci should be to trade Kova?
Zero interest in Ceci. Definitely not trading Kovacevic if Ceci is part of the return. We don't want that contract. Dump him somewhere else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad