Friedman: Edmonton was close to a "big" trade on Wedneday involving a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Ceci for Kova is a base that makes sense.

Allen is not on Oilers radar at all though according to recent reports. So take him out of the deal altogether.

2 and a 7 went for Kulak. What do you think the add on Ceci should be to trade Kova?
Rather just keep Kovacevic

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Lavoie is waiver fodder. That's even worse. Wouldn't pick him off waivers for free. Ceci is not a good fit for Montreal. We have David Reinbacher coming in next season.

Okay deal dead.

So essentially you think throwing out French players will blind Montreal fans to the fact that there's no place for Ceci in Montreal
They’re good prospects and could really thrive there.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
Ceci for Kova is a base that makes sense.

Allen is not on Oilers radar at all though according to recent reports. So take him out of the deal altogether.

2 and a 7 went for Kulak. What do you think the add on Ceci should be to trade Kova?
I suspect the add to make this work might push this out of EDM's price range.
One of Bourgault/Holloway and a 3d/4th pick? The 2nd made sense when Montreal wasn't adding Ceci's cap...

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I suspect the add to make this work might push this out of EDM's price range.
One of Bourgault/Holloway and a 3d/4th pick? The 2nd made sense when Montreal wasn't adding Ceci's cap...

You guys don’t want Ceci. Don’t see value in XB. Deal is dead.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I can't imagine Elvis taking the Oilers over the top. Buying low on Gustavsson could be a better path. Solid tender having a bad year. MIN should clear a spot for Wallstedt soonish.
Oilers don't need him to. They need a goalie who can handle a 1A/1B split. We have one in Skinner. Campbell can't even handle one NHL game. So we'll take the goalie who, after tonight, has a .911 save percentage

Reactions: Czechboy

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Interesting, there’s one oilers fan who won’t stop talking about Kovacevic lol. I don’t know the player myself though, mind giving a scouting report?

We really like that Kulak trade too. How does he compare?
He's big heavy right D. The way playoffs are going last few years Kovacevic has value. Plays bottom pairing minutes, still has 4 goals in 22 games.

M Ace

Apr 12, 2010
Orebro, Sweden
Fans discussing trade possibilities. Kinda the whole point of this forum. Are you under the impression that GMs are here discussing trades ?
I am under impressions that every fan base overrates their players very much.

Need to take a step back to the real world and be realistic sometimes!

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I am under impressions that every fan base overrates their players very much.

Need to take a step back to the real world and be realistic sometimes!
And what has that got to do with your inane "fans making trades" comment? Or even my comment on the fact that an Oilers fan kept throwing out proposals including French prospects like that somehow makes the proposal irresistible?

Czechboy

Cole is the real MVP!
Apr 15, 2018
Vlejmelka is now backing up Ingrim.

I'd make a call. He'd fit right in the rotation with Skinner. His value is low. Arizona also lacks cap dumps. Just saying. Our 1st and Campbell for Vlejmelka is my starting point.

Reactions: Dr Awesome

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I doubt it
I don't. Cheap defenseman who is very solid at both ends of the ice. Disciplined. Will likely sign a very reasonable extension after this year. Will be cheap and great player for a #5-#6.

100 games with Montreal. 7 goals, 19 points. +5 on some pretty bad Montreal teams.

As long as he doesn't ask for crazy money, these are the types of players that help you win cups because they do a good job while keeping your cap in good position.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I don't. Cheap defenseman who is very solid at both ends of the ice. Disciplined. Will likely sign a very reasonable extension after this year. Will be cheap and great player for a #5-#6.

100 games with Montreal. 7 goals, 19 points. +5 on some pretty bad Montreal teams.

As long as he doesn't ask for crazy money, these are the types of players that help you win cups because they do a good job while keeping your cap in good position.
Habs deep on D. Can get good return on Kovacevic. Time to move him is trade deadline

Reactions: andora

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Breaking News: I was "close" to buying a lottery ticket that would've 100% made me a multi-trillionaire on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad