Friedman: Edmonton was close to a "big" trade on Wedneday involving a goalie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Waiver fodder is all of your goaltenders! lol

Kovacevic has been a steady presence for the Habs. I wouldn't expect you to know this as you probably don't watch much hockey. ;)
Ceci has played some of his best hockey in the past few games. And he's one of the few defenseman to come out of the trainwreck of a first quarter with his head above water.

Kovacevic maybe a steady presence for the Habs. But they're not good. You put Kovacevic in Ceci's role in Edmonton and the limitations of his game are more prominent.

He's a guy who fills a big need on a rebuilding team. Enjoy.

When he's outgunned, he shows his true colors. :)
Oh no, outgunned by Habs fans. They always know what they're talking about.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Yes, the runner up for rookie of the year last year is filth while f***ing Montembeault was worth multiple firsts 😂😂 what is in the water in Montreal?
Hab nation isn't claiming that Montembeault was worth multiple firsts with the exception of YOU.
More of that usual garbage being spewed by you as expected.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Ceci has played some of his best hockey in the past few games. And he's one of the few defenseman to come out of the trainwreck of a first quarter with his head above water.

Kovacevic maybe a steady presence for the Habs. But they're not good. You put Kovacevic in Ceci's role in Edmonton and the limitations of his game are more prominent.

He's a guy who fills a big need on a rebuilding team. Enjoy.
You can't cherry pick a few games to highlight Ceci's play. The body of his work to date has be substandard. Kovacevic has been much better than Ceci this season and in a similar role. They are very much similar players. I won't argue who is better. I think its close. But what i can tell you is one of them has a league min contract and the other is overpaid compared to his play. Which is why Oiler fans want to dump Ceci.

Nobody (including the Oilers) wants Ceci at his current caphit and another year remaining. You would have to add a sweetener to dump him on the Habs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
About Ceci being a bottom pairing defenseman? Funny how he's played the majority of his career in a top four role with much of his recent results showing strong since he left Toronto. Ceci is a milquetoast #4D and he gets paid like one.

I'm not going to argue about what his value would be to Montreal. They should have no reason to trade for his contract. But he's a far superior player compared to Kovacevic is all I'm saying.

The Oilers would have no reason to trade for Kovacevic. They need a defenseman that can make passes under pressure because they struggle on transition.
If he's that good keep him because we sure as hell don't want your castoffs.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Hab nation isn't claiming that Montembeault was worth multiple firsts with the exception of YOU.
More of that usual garbage being spewed by you as expected.
Noooo no no no hahaha reread the thread, more than one Habs fan wanted 1st++ for Montembeault.

Ceci is not "far superior" than Kovacevic. That is nonsense. There isn't much separating the two of them other than salary. Both are prone to mistakes but Kovacevic is more reliable d when defending a rush. Ceci is prone to brain farts. Kovacevic is reliable.

Clearly you haven't watched the body of Skinner's play this year nor have you watched Monty. No one is saying Monty is worth 1sts. Only you apparently! lol

You are a garbage team when your goaltending comprises Skinner / Campbell / Pickard. No one can take the Oilers seriously because of the goaltending.
Again, reread the thread. Multiple Habs fans wanting 1sts++.

Skinner has been much better of late. Montembeault has been playing well, but he was never an option for a team that actually wants to win something. Hell you yourself called him a stopgap on a team that’s not set up to win.

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
Noooo no no no hahaha reread the thread, more than one Habs fan wanted 1st++ for Montembeault.

Again, reread the thread. Multiple Habs fans wanting 1sts++.

Skinner has been much better of late. Montembeault has been playing well, but he was never an option for a team that actually wants to win something. Hell you yourself called him a stopgap on a team that’s not set up to win.
no idea whats been said but u just proved yourself wrong lmao

1++ doesnt meant multiple firsts otherwise it would have been specified a couple or more firsts.

Nice attempt at spinning the story around

Reactions: ole ole

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I wonder what the asking price would be for Logan Thompson.
Think Vegas is pretty comfortable with their situation. They do however have a very good goaltender in Henderson who’s ready, so something will have to give over the next year.

My guess is, they trade hIll after this season and keep Thompson. The time to have gone after him was this past summer. He just fits their system too well, and will likely be their #1 come playoffs. Hill’s been fine, but Thompson has shown this year, he has that 3rd and 4th gear we’re not seeing from Hill. Vegas doesn’t mess around. If they feel he gives them the better chance to win, he’s playing in the playoffs.

Right now, that’s the way it’s heading.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
no idea whats been said but u just proved yourself wrong lmao

1++ doesnt meant multiple firsts otherwise it would have been specified a couple or more firsts.

Nice attempt at spinning the story around
Since you’re too lazy, I’ll find em tomorrow for ya, no worries. Nobody overrates mediocrity like Les Habitants.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
You can't cherry pick a few games to highlight Ceci's play. The body of his work to date has be substandard. Kovacevic has been much better than Ceci this season and in a similar role. They are very much similar players. I won't argue who is better. I think its close. But what i can tell you is one of them has a league min contract and the other is overpaid compared to his play. Which is why Oiler fans want to dump Ceci.

Nobody (including the Oilers) wants Ceci at his current caphit and another year remaining. You would have to add a sweetener to dump him on the Habs.
It isn't just a few games with Ceci. He is a #4D. He's been one for quite some time. And his stats show he's been that caliber of D.

The only comment being made here is that Kovacevic would be exposed in Ceci's shoes. I'm not suggesting that anyone would want him either. It's difficult to trade cap attached to mediocre players in a cap league. Barrie was deadweight in the Ekholm deal. Same scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad