Dumbest thing said within your own fan base?

KevEggs

Jul 4, 2016
New York
I didn't think Jack Roslovic would crack the line-up for a few years, but he's been really good when he's in. Also I thought Kyle Connor needed another year of AHL seasoning, which was quite wrong

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
If you want actually cringeworthy conversations, I'd advise you to Preds FB feeds. Bunch of bandwagon- know-it-alls.
I actually got called selfish on there today which I'm not entirely sure I can be as a fan?

Pretty much right now if you dont agree with " the guys played hard they just hit a hot goalie " you get beat up by the noob Pred fans.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
"Hockey is like boogers."

My 3 year old nephew seems to like the Leafs, so technically it counts.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Where does this one rank? Please be advised, he is on his own island in thinking this way. Oh....THIS WAS SAID TONIGHT AT 6:37 pm.

"Tavares will be grossly overpaid, he's a very good center, he's not an elite player.
23-27 ES the last four years, which is very good, but that's probably all he'll give you.
His PP value is limited for the Flyers, he won't make them much better there (who is he going to replace?).
He's not physical, he's not a great skater, he's not a great defender, he's solid at possession but not exceptional.
He's primary a scorer who has highest value for a team that lacks a top dog and needs PP help (Carolina, for example).

On the Flyers he'd be the 3rd best center next year or the year after on a 8 year, $100M deal (yes, he'll outscore Patrick for another year or two, but Patrick brings more to the table and his upside is above Tavares)."

member 290103

As a Leafs fan, there's simply far too many things to list and pick from. I hear things everyday I could classify as this.

Smartguy

May 3, 2010
Edmonton
I think this every morning I wake up and the first thing I see is my Hall jersey.

At the time of the Hall trade I detested it, couldn’t fathom how fans were defending it, had to eat crow last year as the team was good, looks bad again this year, but Larsson isn’t near the player he was last year.

Worst thing I’ve said if probably that Nugent-Hopkins should be done as an Oiler. Wanted the team to trade him long before Hall or Eberle. If he can stick with Mcdavid into next year, could have a breakout season. Even on his own he had solid year and has a good two way game.

That and my love for prospects like Yak, Paajarvi, Schultz, Schremp, Jf Jacques at one point even, has shown a few dark spots

Patrik Barkov

Jun 25, 2016
"Trade Klingberg he sucks" - twitter fans

"Trade Benn while he still holds a little value and make Seguin captain"

"How Lindell manages to be in our top 4 is just shocking to me, is our defense that bad?" - 1 guy on twitter lol

I see so much hate as soon as a player makes 1 bad mistake. I assume every team has this issue but man some stars fans on twitter really go after Klingberg and Benn.
Twitter fans are mostly very casual fans with little to none knowledge of the game.

Reactions: Peanut and Kcb12345

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Eight (!!!) pages in and not one post about the constant discussion by some Jets fans about Toby Enstrom being absolutely useless and should be replaced by Chiarot longterm? :skeptic:

This is the actual ongoing stupid thing some fans say inside of the Jets community honestly. Not trying to be mean here but the other posts about Jets in here are bs. Who the hell thinks Hellebuyck isn't the answer? Wuuut? I want to see that! For real!

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
As a true blue member of Leafs Nation, i find there are far too many things to list unfortunately

LeaFland is so chock full of NHL level Coaches/Scouts/Players and GM's it's really hard trying to find a place to start such a list

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Early in the 2015-16 season a lot of Penguins fans were actually saying we should trade Crosby and/or Malkin and/or Letang because "our core is washed up and Sid is finished".

I have seen a few Caps fans do the same thing. Trade Backstrom, trade Ovechkin, etc.

So they want to trade elite players for....wait for it...draft picks that have a relatively small chance of becoming the kind of elite players that we already have.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I have seen a few Caps fans do the same thing. Trade Backstrom, trade Ovechkin, etc.

So they want to trade elite players for....wait for it...draft picks that have a relatively small chance of becoming the kind of elite players that we already have.
people think this is NHL Be a GM mode, where every drafted player will turn out to exactly what he's projected. or they think that you can just grab a Barzal every draft and have someone step up and score 80+

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad