Dumbest thing said within your own fan base?

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
I was just thinking today about how I actually talked to another Pens fan and she told me she didn't like coach Sullivan and "missed Dan" (Bylsma).

I guess being peak trash talk season between fans with the playoffs and all, I thought I'd turn the tables a little. What is the dumbest thing you've heard said recently within your own fan base?

WarriorOfGandhi

Was saying Boo-urns
Jul 31, 2007
Denver, CO
it's not stupid per se but there was a super cringy thread started last year by an Avalanche fan during the height of the dark days that was basically "woe is me", fishing for sympathy. It was immediately taken to task by fans of teams that have not won >0 Stanley Cups and never had multiple HOFers on the same roster

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
"Trade Klingberg he sucks" - twitter fans

"Trade Benn while he still holds a little value and make Seguin captain"

"How Lindell manages to be in our top 4 is just shocking to me, is our defense that bad?" - 1 guy on twitter lol

I see so much hate as soon as a player makes 1 bad mistake. I assume every team has this issue but man some stars fans on twitter really go after Klingberg and Benn.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
there are far, far, too many things to chose from, and the sheer dumness scale varies as context changes.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
I've seen a lot of stupidity, but few things annoy me as much as the people who feel the need to tear Matt Murray down in order to build Marc-Andre Fleury up.

The crest on the front is supposed to be more important than the name on the back, ****ing yinzers. I love MAF, always will. I don't see how or why loving both of them and recognizing that the Pens were in a tricky situation that most other teams would kill for is not an option for these insufferable buffoons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad