Dumbest thing said within your own fan base?

Jugitsu

Dec 24, 2016
Finland
Not exactly my own fanbase, but there was recently a very vocal, Finnish Winnipeg Jets fan who claimed that the only reason Laine was completely "misused" in his mind by both the management and coaching staff was to make sure they don't have to pay him the league's maximum salary when his ELC expires. In his mind Laine should've been put next to Scheiffele to score +70 goals this season, even if that meant breaking up what was working perfectly and put the Jets in a losing spiral. He also said Laine is personally in on this conspiracy, because he wants to help the Jets and not hinder the GM's ability to put a competitive team on the ice.

I'm sure at least some Jets fans know who I'm talking about. I don't know if he said these things here, but after he was banned from HFboards he came crawling back to the Finnish jatkoaika and started these rants in there.

Reactions: boyko10

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Where does this one rank? Please be advised, he is on his own island in thinking this way. Oh....THIS WAS SAID TONIGHT AT 6:37 pm.

"Tavares will be grossly overpaid, he's a very good center, he's not an elite player.
23-27 ES the last four years, which is very good, but that's probably all he'll give you.
His PP value is limited for the Flyers, he won't make them much better there (who is he going to replace?).
He's not physical, he's not a great skater, he's not a great defender, he's solid at possession but not exceptional.
He's primary a scorer who has highest value for a team that lacks a top dog and needs PP help (Carolina, for example).

On the Flyers he'd be the 3rd best center next year or the year after on a 8 year, $100M deal (yes, he'll outscore Patrick for another year or two, but Patrick brings more to the table and his upside is above Tavares)."

this one wins, lock it up

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
After Nikolai Kulemin scored 30 goals there was a poll on the Leafs board between him and Kessel and A LOT of people were arguing for Kulemin. In the early years of adv. stats, some corsi shills used to argue Grabovski>Kessel as well.

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
It's tie between wanting Erik Gudbranson back and thinking just staying the course will be enough to get the Panthers over the hump.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
A poster on the Kings board said yesterday/two days ago that Clifford isn't easily replaceable and not "dime a dozen "

Lol

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
We'd be so much better without Dan Girardi. Imagine how good we'd be with a puck mover like Shattenkirk instead.

A healthy Shattenkirk will put up 40-50 points next season now that he is away from AV.

Just look how Staal and Yandle were criminally underused by AV and have been reborn on other teams.

And this is the best hockey McDonagh is playing since 2014 now that he is away from AV.

The evidence is overwhelming

Reactions: BerlinBlueShirt

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
I was at Florida Panther rookie camp in 2002 and another fan told me that Viktor Kozlov will score 80 pts next year and that he is better than Mats Sundin

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
A healthy Shattenkirk will put up 40-50 points next season now that he is away from AV.

Just look how Staal and Yandle were criminally underused by AV and have been reborn on other teams.

And this is the best hockey McDonagh is playing since 2014 now that he is away from AV.

The evidence is overwhelming
This is the best McDonagh has played since 2014? I remember him being about as good as he is now or possibly even better in the 2015 playoffs...

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
"Come on guys, let's give Randy Carlyle another chance"

"Wow, Bob Murray traded William Karlsson for James Wisniewski. What a genius. We're cup or bust now!"

I'm positive neither the Ducks or the Jackets ever saw a 40 goal season in William Karlsson. ****, Id be stunned if VGK saw him scoring that.

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
These, thank you.

I declined to bring up the Fleury/Murray thing to start the topic, because I know I've ranted about it on here before, but the Fleury cultists and revisionists that trash on Murray really piss me off. These are the same people that also rooted for Vegas when they played the Penguins this year, and I don't doubt they would probably root for Vegas because of Fleury in the Cup finals if they ever faced the Penguins. But somehow, they still consider themselves Pens fans. I'm not talking about the Pens fans that still love and miss Fleury, but the ones that just can't let it go and won't give Murray any support and trashed on him for either being hurt or taking time off because his dad had died.

I mean, it was really great having them both, but we all knew it wasn't a realistic long term situation. And yes, Penguins Facebook truly is the place where intelligence goes to die.

It is related to my original post about that woman who "missed" Bylsma and didn't like Sullivan. Why? Because Sullivan was "mean" to Fleury.

She said that good ole Disco Dan was "fun"

You know what I think is fun? STANLEY CUPS.

You mean you don't prefer games like mustache boy over Cup banners?

Reactions: The Shovel Penguin

iamjs

Oct 1, 2008
I once saw a post on Facebook saying that Kris Beech wasn't given a fair chance with the Penguins, and the person could only say was that "he was drafted high for a reason" and kept pointing to his AHL numbers. Not only was he given a chance, he was given a second chance years later when the Penguins claimed him off waivers. I think half of the league gave him a chance after the '05 lockout.

I'm still not sure if that person was trolling or if they were serious.

Shad

Mar 5, 2011
Everything. The most emotional and entitled fan base in the league it's actually disgusting.

Reactions: Iapyi

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
I once heard someone say the Caps could beat Pittsburgh in the playoffs. That is pretty much the dumbest thing I've heard at this point as a Caps fan. :help:

Iapyi

Apr 19, 2017
Canadian Prairies
There are Maple Leaf fans who perversely think that disposing of kissiel "helped" the team be in a position to draft Matthews.

The ignore or refuse to understand that even though we finished dead last that having him on the team made us a worse team and we still would have finished there with even more losses.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
"Hyman sucks" pisses me off

Amazing defensively, plays his ass off every single shift. MUCH better player than he was early on

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad