Dumbest thing said within your own fan base?

Maliks PlusMinus

May 28, 2015
Glasgow, Scotland
A healthy Shattenkirk will put up 40-50 points next season now that he is away from AV.

Just look how Staal and Yandle were criminally underused by AV and have been reborn on other teams.

And this is the best hockey McDonagh is playing since 2014 now that he is away from AV.

The evidence is overwhelming

I agree with all of that. AV was our biggest problem imo.

Reactions: Peanut

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Haven't looked through to see if this was mentioned, but - there is a pretty small group of Devils fans that think that Schneider is a bad goalie.

And that's not just like...during his awful stretch this year people were saying he sucked. It's that they think that never in his Devil career has he been a good goalie.

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
How can you disagree with that?

Let’s ask the audience:

FANS OF OTHER TEAMS- Are you allowed to freely criticize your GM on your team’s board, or are you forced to post in one thread if you want to do that? Because that’s HFOil right now, where a group of five or six posters has basically made it a bannable offense to question Chiarelli except for in one thread. At the same time, they mock those who want Chia fired for needing a “safe space”, completely oblivious to the irony.

Just curious if that is the standard elsewhere.

The Canucks board moved a lot of Benning talk and Tank talk into their own threads as every thread was turning into a Benning bashing thread and every GDT was turning into a tank thread. As far as I know, the enforcement hasn't been as heavy handed as on the HFOil page, but whenever a conversation gets too... let's say, off topic... it gets cleaned up. Otherwise you can go to the thread about our farm team and have to sift through pages of Benning hate before you can even find out the score of their most recent game.

ABCUser

Mar 9, 2016
The #1 easily and there's no way anybody can beat it is :

"I don't think it's that bad an idea to hire Garth snow (Backup Goaltender) as the GM"

Reactions: Go Wings

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Sean Monahan on the Flames board deserves his own thread for Dumbest things said within your own fan base.
From both sides of the argument too.

We've had him referred as:
The 5th Best Centre on Calgary's depth chart.
3rd line RW

We've also had:
Elite top line Centre
Wouldn't trade him straight up for X (where X is someone like Jack Eichel)
Elite defensive centre
Does everything right

There's no middle ground on our board with Sean, and that's what makes discussion about him so fun.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
certain rags fans who go overboard with corsi and insanely overrate players with shiny shot differentials. lots of player hyped up completely fell off the earth and aren't even in the league anymore.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
A poster on the Leafs board suggested we put Andersen on waivers two weeks into last season.

There’s still some that believe he’s no better than James Reimer

VaporTrail

Mar 2, 2011
Hmmm, lots of things....some of them off the top of my head:

- earlier this year (Nov or Dec?) a fan wanted to trade Evander Kane for a 3rd round pick
- fans wanting to bring back Darcy Regier
- when Derek Roy was on Edmonton fans wanting to get him the following off-season again
- fans wanting Zemgus Girgensons on the first line

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
"we didn't buy that cup"

"our team would win the cup today without breaking a sweat"

"yzerman is better than Mario"

red wings fans

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Oh Jesus, I just remembered a small but vocal minority of Islander fans who were furious over the Griffin Reinhart trade when it happened.

You see, Griffin Reinhart was a 4th overall pick. And Barzal was a 16th overall pick so this is a terrible trade. Maybe in a few years we can trade Barzal for the 28th overall pick!

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
I was just thinking today about how I actually talked to another Pens fan and she told me she didn't like coach Sullivan and "missed Dan" (Bylsma).

I guess being peak trash talk season between fans with the playoffs and all, I thought I'd turn the tables a little. What is the dumbest thing you've heard said recently within your own fan base?

I don't believe you.

As a Pens fan, the amount of people that hate Matt Murray.

ncm7772

Apr 10, 2016
Upstate NY
What would I have to gain by lying about something like that?

There are fans like her who also hate Sullivan "because of how he treated Fleury."

I believe you man! I was just messing with you because that's such an asinine thing she said.

In regards to MAF - Oh yeah, I've seen the comments and heard them on Mikey and Bob plenty of times!

Reactions: The Shovel Penguin

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
A poster on the Bruins board said ‘say goodbye to your fans, leafs’ after the end of game 6. Disgusting

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->