Dumbest thing said within your own fan base?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
One poster has been saying you can't win the Stanley Cup with more than one Russian on your team, so we gotta trade some of the Russian players/prospects we have.

Everyone has been pushing back on what this guy is saying.

Reactions: Anisimovs AK

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Everything ever said on Facebook.
Instagram is a close 2nd. “Trade our first this year for McDavid” comments someone under a post on the official Rangers account.
To the guy who said that
1. I’m not an expert but I think that’s bad for the Oilers idk tho
2. Commenting a trade proposal under a Rangers post like GMJG scrolls through those comments himself is pretty funny as well
Usually I would think it’s a joke but all Instagram posts regarding hockey are pretty bad. If you ever have free time, Rangers have some pretty entertaining comments under their pictures

Reactions: Kyndig

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Hakstol should be fired, just because Flyers lost Game 1 of 2018 playoffs.

whomeveer said that was 100 percent correct. It took 5 games to start our best goalie. He put the 2nd worst possession forward in the nhl as our top line center. And he benched our 2nd best dman this series today. Today the flyers beat the pens, the refs , and dave hakstol.

Jesus Take the Wheel

Jul 9, 2015
Edmonton
Not by fan base, but this is a good one and 1 year left to come to fruition

"I will close my account and not make another if he doesn't reach that Couturier level of play (38+ points with strong two-way game) within the next two years (barring major season-ending injuries of course). Quote me on that. 4C. No way on this planet is Mark Jankowski's floor a 4C."

CraigBillington

Dec 10, 2010
Going back a few years, how Canuck fans felt they would never win a Cup as long as they had a European captain. Thats not why they lose. The Lidstrom won. Then they lost in an all-Euro captain Final. I haven't heard that argument since

LilySmoov

May 14, 2011
Admittedly I haven't read this thread through, but I think I might win:

Had a Leaf fan say to me, without the slightest hint of irony, that we should scratch Auston Matthews and replace him with Colin Greening, because "Greening works harder."

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The Flames could update this thread regularly with posts by 1 particular poster.

From the man that claimed Sam Bennett would be a perennial Hart candidate under a different head coach, I bring you....

I think Janko/Bennett are better players but they obviously have worse trade value than Monahan.
giphy.gif

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
(summer of 2015, without waiting for evidence:)

"The Hawks should immediately release Pat Kane."

Reactions: Peanut

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
Some casuals wanted to strip Landeskog of the C because he doesn't put up the most points on the team. They wanted Duchene to have it instead :laugh:

They probably now have MacKinnon as their front-runner for the C.

pigpen65

Jul 25, 2011
As a Sabres fan let's just say majority opinion since the beginning of the 2013-2014 season has not been......... accurate. Take your pick.

AustonsNostrils

Apr 5, 2016
The Evander Kane hate on the Sabres forum is pretty funny. A player that a Stanley Cup contender will soon try to sign to a new deal.

Future GOAT

Apr 4, 2017
There is a fan base trying to suggest one of their highest paid players purposely didn't play to his fullest potential in order to "save himself" for the playoffs...

giphy.gif

Last edited:

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
There is a moron who has season tickets behind mine. The guy is your typical "SHOOOOOT" guy even when Tyson Barrie is on his backhand in our own zone. But the guy rips Erik Johnson apart night in and night out and even has the nickname "worm" for him. Even so much to wish he was traded for spare parts and wishes he would get injured.

Changed my season tickets 100% because of this guy. Worst Avs fan ever.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

This thread is a collection of said dumbest things. (To clarify, I agree with Lazerus, he's pointing out all the stupid things Blackhawks fans say and for the stupid reasons they give)

Reactions: ClydeLee

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
There's so many to choose from. A gem from the past week would be the guy who thought Nylander deserved a contract similar to the one Brown signed, at about $2M per year.

Admittedly I haven't read this thread through, but I think I might win:

Had a Leaf fan say to me, without the slightest hint of irony, that we should scratch Auston Matthews and replace him with Colin Greening, because "Greening works harder."
Surprisingly enough, this has been a very common sentiment among Swedish fans I've talked with in real life. Not when it comes to Matthews and the Leafs, but the fixation with working hard in general. You see it in other sports as well. Benching Ibrahimovic for whoever was a common position for many years.

Reactions: Peanut and boyko10

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad