Dumbest thing said within your own fan base?

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
whomeveer said that was 100 percent correct. It took 5 games to start our best goalie. He put the 2nd worst possession forward in the nhl as our top line center. And he benched our 2nd best dman this series today. Today the flyers beat the pens, the refs , and dave hakstol.
Ok, first of all, Neuvirth is NOT our best goalie. Also, he wasn't even available until Game 4, which he appeared in relief. Neuvirth is made of glass, though. No goalie currently in the NHL, or even all-time would win this series in our net. That being said, Hakstol sucks.

GrkFlyersFan

Jul 30, 2011
South Jersey
I would say the dumbest thing Flyers fans say is Hakstol is a good coach, but I don't think such people exist. There were some hysterics about Patrick in the first half of the season. I guess the dumbest thing Flyers fans typically say is Giroux shouldn't be the Captain.

damoose212001

Jan 16, 2005
Pittsburgh
I was just thinking today about how I actually talked to another Pens fan and she told me she didn't like coach Sullivan and "missed Dan" (Bylsma).

I guess being peak trash talk season between fans with the playoffs and all, I thought I'd turn the tables a little. What is the dumbest thing you've heard said recently within your own fan base?

I have no words....

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A year ago a lot of Flyer "fans" said the team should retain part of his salary and trade Giroux.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
I was just thinking today about how I actually talked to another Pens fan and she told me she didn't like coach Sullivan and "missed Dan" (Bylsma).

I guess being peak trash talk season between fans with the playoffs and all, I thought I'd turn the tables a little. What is the dumbest thing you've heard said recently within your own fan base?

Maybe she don't like winning? :laugh:

Reactions: I am not exposed

member 298589

People saying Matthews is a "generational talent". It is an idiotic term to begin with and shouldn't even be applicable until somebody has 5+ years of awards on their resume.

Matthews has potential to be one of the better centres in the league. That's where he currently stands.

Eternal Leaf

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto

You win.

giphy.gif

Reactions: The Shovel Penguin

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Dumbest thing on the Habs board...............there have been some posters suggesting Carey Price's importance on the team has been overblown in the past. I personally think they failed to watch/remember any Habs hockey between 2013-15.

Rangerfans

Oct 12, 2008
As a Ranger fan I will never forget the Petr Prucha > Sidney Crosby debate. Yes, I am serious.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad