Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Kopacka is 1+2 into the third period of his game tonight.

Also, remember Nick Sorensen? He is 4+4 in 12 games in the SHL. Predictably he has played in only about half of the games, I assume due to injury.

For a young player in that league his production is quite good, but he's never healthy. Wonder if he gets a contract.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Kopacka is 1+2 into the third period of his game tonight.

Also, remember Nick Sorensen? He is 4+4 in 12 games in the SHL. Predictably he has played in only about half of the games, I assume due to injury.

For a young player in that league his production is quite good, but he's never healthy. Wonder if he gets a contract.

Sorensen has always been very skilled but injuries stood in his way. Glad he's doing well though.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Kopacka having a good year, PPG and 15 goals in 24 games, well on pace to break all his career highs. He is actually WJC eligible, is he on the shortlist there or something?

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Kopacka having a good year, PPG and 15 goals in 24 games, well on pace to break all his career highs. He is actually WJC eligible, is he on the shortlist there or something?
He wasn't among the 15 forwards that played for the OHL over the two Canada/Russia exhibition series games recently. That doesn't mean he isn't on Team Canada's radar, but those games are intended for evaluating WJC eligible talent.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
He wasn't among the 15 forwards that played for the OHL over the two Canada/Russia exhibition series games recently. That doesn't mean he isn't on Team Canada's radar, but those games are intended for evaluating WJC eligible talent.
Yeah well, Draisaitl also shockingly wasn`t picked by Team Canada for their U20 back in the day. But just like Draisaitl, Kopacka isn`t a Canadian :laugh:
If I understand right, those CHL series are for Canadian players only. :)

EDIT: He wasn`t in the Summer Showcase unlike Badini and Jones.

If he plays well, he can still get to the WJC, I believe.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Yeah well, Draisaitl also shockingly wasn`t picked by Team Canada for their U20 back in the day. But just like Draisaitl, Kopacka isn`t a Canadian :laugh:
If I understand right, those CHL series are for Canadian players only. :)

EDIT: He wasn`t in the Summer Showcase unlike Badini and Jones.

If he plays well, he can still get to the WJC, I believe.

Haha totally forgot Kopacka was American. Probably a similar situation though, definitely can't count him out but seems as though he'll have to push from the outside in given that he wasn't at the summer camp.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
So no Kopacka - he actually has good numbers. But anyway, great to have 2 at the camp, I hope they both make it.

By the way, Badini albeit just drafted, turns 20 in the end of January, he`s much older than I thought.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
So no Kopacka - he actually has good numbers. But anyway, great to have 2 at the camp, I hope they both make it.

By the way, Badini albeit just drafted, turns 20 in the end of January, he`s much older than I thought.

The US has ridiculous depth this year, I believe they could assemble their entire forward group using only first round picks. It sucks that Kopacka didn't make it, but it's definitely understandable.

And yeah, Badini is a double overager, much like Montour was when he was drafted.

EDIT:

Main boarders seem to believe that Canada will reveal their WJC camp roster some time today.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

I don't care that much about his age. All that counts is progression and he made a good transistion to college.

Martin Madden on Fiore

Quite interesting quotes from Madden on Zack MacEwen and Drake Batherson and like so often Ottawa took Batherson at 121 and we Olsen on 122. It looks like Batherson would have been the player the Ducks had in mind.

Last edited:

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I think I heard he was promoted to SHL as well.

Looks like a really intriguing G prospect

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Mahura scored a hattrick tonight .
Steel two assists
Comtois an assist
Morand an assist
Jones a goal (and first star)
Soy a goal and an assist

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Mahura scored a hattrick tonight .
Steel two assists
Comtois an assist
Morand an assist
Jones a goal (and first star)
Soy a goal and an assist

Steel has 5 goals and 9 points in his last 5 games. He's definitely picked up the scoring pace, we'll have to wait and see how long that lasts.

Very impressed with Mahura though. Ridiculous offensive numbers for a defenseman.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
With the Ducks depth at D, will we ever see Mahura play Top 4D minutes for the Ducks ?
He may eventually become part of a 3rd pairing with Mahura getting some PP minutes.
I'd really hate to see him end up on another team & explode with like 50 points in a season.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Mahura was such a good pick injured season stopped teams from picking him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad