Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Steel gets the "C" in Regina, Mahura gets an "A", along with Matt Bradley and Jake Leschyshyn. Link to the announcement here. Congratulations to Steel and Mahura, being the leaders and go-to guys of a Memorial Cup team will be one hell of an experience for them.

“Since joining the organization three years ago our staff knew this day would come as we moved forward in building the organization,†said Pats Head Coach and GM John Paddock. “We are in a very special year and Sam is the right man to lead the team.

“Josh, Jake and Matt have the same goals as Sam individually and as teammates they are key contributors. They will aid him in getting the team to where we all plan to get to,†said Paddock.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
No official confirmation yet, but Jack Kopacka has also worn an "A" in SSM's preseason games.

There was some kind of an experiment going on in a Victoriaville pre-season game, as Comtois went 11/15 on the dot (I'm assuming that "MJG" is "draws" in French... :shakehead). Maybe they tried him at center, maybe they just had him take a bunch of draws, who knows? :dunno:

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but London had Ian McKinnon wear #49 (Jones' number) in pre-season game. It's kind of curious, considering that Jones played with #49 the day before that.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
No official confirmation yet, but Jack Kopacka has also worn an "A" in SSM's preseason games.

There was some kind of an experiment going on in a Victoriaville pre-season game, as Comtois went 11/15 on the dot (I'm assuming that "MJG" is "draws" in French... :shakehead). Maybe they tried him at center, maybe they just had him take a bunch of draws, who knows? :dunno:

Maybe I'm reading too much into things, but London had Ian McKinnon wear #49 (Jones' number) in pre-season game. It's kind of curious, considering that Jones played with #49 the day before that.

You're reading too much into it IMO. While I'm much higher on Jones than many around here after seeing him play with San Diego, he's competing for a bottom line position right now, and that's the one thing the team has a plethora of. I can't see them burning a year off his ELC to keep him on the 4th line.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
You're reading too much into it IMO. While I'm much higher on Jones than many around here after seeing him play with San Diego, he's competing for a bottom line position right now, and that's the one thing the team has a plethora of. I can't see them burning a year off his ELC to keep him on the 4th line.

Maybe keeping him up with the big club will do wonders for his maturity. Lol

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I'm sure it's been brought up before, but if Steel doesn't crack the roster full time, does he go to the AHL or back to the WHL?

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012

Agreed. The kid looked real good out there against older players. Physical tools (skating, hitting, shooting) are NHL level already

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Is Kerdiles waiver eligible?

Yes.

I would be surprised if he were claimed. At this stage of training camp most teams want to look at what they have with their existing players and not bring in another player on a waiver claim. As a result this is actually a good time to try to sneak a player through waivers.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Comtois scored again tonight. Great statistical start to his year.

Jones is -1 with three shots down 5-0 in the third.

Really not many of our guys in juniors this year. A mix of college and AHL moreso now.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Actually I'm wrong. Kopacka, Morand, Mahura, steel, and Jones isn't too bad.

Morand had 1+1 tonight and has five points in the his first four games.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Should probably make a 17/18 thread, or at least change the title.

I just put the 2nd one for fun

Good call.

Fingers crossed that Steel takes it like a champ, and goes down there with something to prove.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad