Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Really hoping he signs with us...he's impressive.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Corey Pronman of The Athletic wrote a short bit on Max Jones:
The 2016 first-round pick, Max Jones, has had a bit of an up and down season, but the most important takeaway from his early play is a significant decrease in stupid penalties. Jones is a dynamic talent who can skate and score at a terrific rate for 6-foot-3 forward. But his main criticism has always been his lack of discipline. It's early, but so far people around the OHL have noticed a slightly tamer Max Jones.

Reactions: bukwas

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Badini with a goal and two assists today. Morand a goal yesterday and an assist today.

Reactions: Opak

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Thanks for all the updates, Static. Much appreciated.
No problem, our prospects are the most interesting part of this franchise at the moment.

Morand finished 1+1 tonight and Comtois with an assist.

Kopacka's team scored eight goals and yet he didn't register a point and finished -1.

Max Jones didn't play in his, don't know why.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
No problem, our prospects are the most interesting part of this franchise at the moment.

Morand finished 1+1 tonight and Comtois with an assist.

Kopacka's team scored eight goals and yet he didn't register a point and finished -1.

Max Jones didn't play in his, don't know why.

Jones was out due to personal reasons:

QUICK HITS: The Knights don't know yet if Max Jones will play Friday. The big Ducks first rounder, who missed Wednesday in Sarnia for personal reasons, shared on Twitter that his uncle had passed away . . . Cole Tymkin has been skating and is still day-to-day after being injured in Kitchener. The Knights miss Jones and Tymkin's physical play. . .

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Kopacka's team scored eight again today but this time he went 2+1 and earned the first star of the game to avenge yesterday's performance.

Comtois scored a goal in his game, giving him 14 in 23 games. Last year he scored 22 in 64 games.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Didn't see this, thanks for the explanation.

Steel has an assist so far for Regina, which looks rough the last few games.

Regina simply doesn't have enough depth at the moment. Their TOP-5 point producers (Bradley, Steel, Oksanen, Mahura, Davidson) combine for 50 out of their 84 goals this season, that's just way too top-heavy. The good news is that trusty "veteran" Nick Henry was finally able to return from injury, and that the Kings could send Austin Wagner over to Regina for an overage year. He's hurt too, who knows when/if that'll happen.

Regina also made a bit of a splash, when they bolstered their blueline by acquiring Cale Fleury from Kootenay. IMO That's still not enough though, they could still use 1-2 more additions on the backend to really give the roster a shot in the arm. The same goes for the forward group.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
I have high hopes for Morand

Size will be a big question mark here but the skill is there.

Jack Badini had a slow start at Harvard in terms of points but is 2g + 3a in 8 games so far, mostly due to a 3 point game lately. Quite good for a freshman.

SalVitro

Nov 6, 2014
witness protection
Size will be a big question mark here but the skill is there.

Jack Badini had a slow start at Harvard in terms of points but is 2g + 3a in 8 games so far, mostly due to a 3 point game lately. Quite good for a freshman.

Nice Badini (#33) goal starting at 2:18

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I have high hopes for Morand
The league seems to be trending towards smaller skilled players so its definitely a good time to have guys like Morand... I havnt gotten to see a whole lot of him... but who would be a comparable player stylistically.

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
I've been to most of his home games. He's been good, the team around him has mostly struggled. He's also had a myriad of different players playing on his line. Nick Henry is back and was a regular on his line last year, so more than likely his production will go up going forward.

Most games he's noticeably the best player on the ice, although he's had a few stinkers as well. Last year the team had 2 very good forward lines, and this year they only have 1 so he's got the big target on him from the opposition.

Reactions: Johnny Caravella

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I've been to most of his home games. He's been good, the team around him has mostly struggled. He's also had a myriad of different players playing on his line. Nick Henry is back and was a regular on his line last year, so more than likely his production will go up going forward.

Most games he's noticeably the best player on the ice, although he's had a few stinkers as well. Last year the team had 2 very good forward lines, and this year they only have 1 so he's got the big target on him from the opposition.
Thanks, that's good to hear. I think the important take away would be to know he hasn't regressed as a player and that his numbers are more a reflection of a lot of things coming together last year that aren't this year, with none really being his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad