Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Olson, comtois, Badini, kopacka, and gates all scored a goal in their games today. Terry had a goal and an assist.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Should we talk about the fact that Steel has 21p in 17 games?

I don't know, I may not be be goo goo everyone will saying last year. On the other hand, Rakells numbers were not great either in juniors.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Tonight gates and Morand finished their games with an assist and steel has a goal so far in his.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Terry just busted out a goal and two assists in the third period of his game. Man I hope he signs.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Troy Terry now leads the nation in scoring once again, almost at two points per game.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Conspiracy theory: Steel and Steenburgen switched bodies in the off season, Freaky Friday style.

Styler Steelbergen? It all makes sense now... :sarcasm:

Last season, Steel's scoring prowess took teams by surprise, but this season they know to be prepared for him. In the WHL finals, Seattle shut down Steel (and his linemates) and went on to win the series -- other teams must've taken notes from that. This year, Regina doesn't have as strong a roster as they had last year, so Steel has even more responsibility on his shoulders than before, plus every team in the league is keeping tabs on him now. I'm not surprised at all that he isn't scoring as much as he did last year.

I really want to see what Steel can do in the WJC and the Memorial Cup.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Yeah, I mean, you don't just replicate a "once in two decades" type season. That's not a realistic expectation. That said, sure, I think we can ask him to find ways to score and end the season closer to 1.5 PPG. There's plenty of time for that to happen. The impressions from the WJC might be just as interesting, though.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
It is a disappointing start for Steel, but his ppg last year was the best in the WHL in the last 20 years or so. I think expecting him to maintain or improve on that pace is too much, especially given that Regina as a whole isn't scoring at the torrid pace they were last year. They're hosting the mem cup so I expect them to load up on talent as the year goes on though.

Excited to see how he looks at the world juniors.

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
Yeah, I mean, you don't just replicate a "once in two decades" type season. That's not a realistic expectation. That said, sure, I think we can ask him to find ways to score and end the season closer to 1.5 PPG. There's plenty of time for that to happen. The impressions from the WJC might be just as interesting, though.
The WJCs are the only thing that I care about. We've seen him perform in a league with the talent mix of the WHL, now it'll be nice to see how he does when the overall talent level is significantly higher.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
5 point weekend for Troy Terry with 2 goals and 3 assists. He has now 7G, 16A in 12 games. I'm still wondering who is driving whom. He Borgstrom or Borgstrom him.

Based on the 35 games of last year he is on the pace of 20 goals, 46 assists right now.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Steel with 1a, Mahrua with 2 in a 2:1 victory for the Pats.

Looking at the WHL stats that Swift Current line is insane. With Steel I don't know. I don't give that much on stats as long as he improves his overall game.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
It is a disappointing start for Steel, but his ppg last year was the best in the WHL in the last 20 years or so. I think expecting him to maintain or improve on that pace is too much, especially given that Regina as a whole isn't scoring at the torrid pace they were last year. They're hosting the mem cup so I expect them to load up on talent as the year goes on though.

Excited to see how he looks at the world juniors.

The complete Swift Current line right now is over 2ppg. His record will maybe not last for long.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
That is a huge dropo

So wasn`t Getzlafs. But this is a huge drop off.

Getzlaf tore up the WHL the year after his draft and then mailed it in completely the year after because he was too good for juniors and if not for the lockout would have been in the NHL.

Steel was never going to tear it up the way he did last season. Teams will be keying in on him more this year, his motivation likely isn’t as high as he’s far too good for juniors and there will be other factors playing into why the numbers are down.

Mallard

Apr 19, 2017
Canada
What's the status on Terry? Is this his final year? Can he sign with us and play towards the end of this season or be here next season?

Is he NHL ready do you think?

I'm still not 100% on how these college players work when entering the NHL...

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What's the status on Terry? Is this his final year? Can he sign with us and play towards the end of this season or be here next season?

Is he NHL ready do you think?

I'm still not 100% on how these college players work when entering the NHL...

I think once the season ends in college he can sign and play in Anaheim.... unless hes planning to go to Colorado DUN DUN DUN

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
He's only a junior, so I think if he wants to sign with a team other than Anaheim he has to wait until after his senior year (unless we trade him). At least I think that's accurate.

Reactions: Getz2perry
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad