Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Discussion 2017/18 - part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Steel and Comtois make the team. Mahura cut.

Excited to see Steel and Comtois in the WJC. Not really surprised that Mahura was cut, but it is disappointing -- I really hoped that he'd somehow make it.

Now hoping for Badini, Jones and Olle to make their respective WJC squads.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Excited to see Steel and Comtois in the WJC. Not really surprised that Mahura was cut, but it is disappointing -- I really hoped that he'd somehow make it.

Now hoping for Badini, Jones and Olle to make their respective WJC squads.

If Jones is cut, I suspect it’s due to, uh, discipline issues and not play. That’s on him, but I wouldn’t blame Team USA if they didn’t think they could trust him not to do something stupid which could cost them big in a short tournament.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
festivusmiracle.jpg

alcolol

Aug 12, 2014
Dallas
Tonight's exhibition games:

Canada vs Czech Rep (4pm Pacific on TSN)
USA vs Belarus (not sure what time)

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Comtois had first goal for canada... looked good in first, didnt really notice mahura much. Steels is a very high iq play maker it seems... always lookin to make a pass and always in good posistioning.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Makar is a player I'm really jealous of. Glad to see Comtios doing well and I hope Sam will have a good time as well. This could have been a unbelievable draft if Batherson would have been our 4th rounder (like Madden mentioned their interest ).

Last edited:

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Makar is a player I'm really jealous of. Glad to see Comtios doing well and I hope Sam will have a good time as well. This could have been a unbelievable draft if Batherson would have been our 4th rounder (like Madden mentioned their interest ).

Did Madden say that about Batherson? Do you have a link? Not that I don't believe you but I'd like to see that. Batherson is a beast.

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017

The whole vid is worth watching but Madden said they focused on Drake Batherson during their scouting. Batherson went just before we took Olson. This would have been a world class draft for us - so far of course - if you walk out with Comtois, Morand, Badini and Batherson without having a first rounder. Honestly I hate the Sens for going almost the same way like we do.

And I wish the Ducks would do more media stuff with Madden. It is always a lot fun to listen. A yearly update on the top prospects from his point of view for instance. Or a draft recap and why they took certain players.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
WJC news:

- USA announced their WJC squad -- Jones made the team, Badini was unfortunately cut from the roster.
- Still no official word on Mahura's fate. The health of Fabbro and Timmins is still in question -- if either one of those guys can't go, Mahura makes the team. Canada's coach Ducharme promised that he'll have the lineup figured out by the 25th or the 26th. Mahura still has a chance, although it's starting to look like the writing is on the wall.
- Sweden also announced their last cuts. Looking at their roster, it appears that Olle is still hanging in there. I believe he's expected to be the third string guy though, as Filip Gustavsson and Filip Larsson will likely battle it out for the #1 job.

So at this point, it looks like Steel, Comtois and Jones will be the guys to represent the Ducks in this year's WJC.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Sam Steel with a powerplay goal, Canada up 2-0 early on finland.

Seems like a lethal power play player.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Troy Terry is playing on the USA Olympic team

Reactions: Opak

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
It is so weird looking at that roster. A few youngens, and a bunch of “hey, I remember him.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad