Proposal: Draisaitl to Montreal

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Why creating a Drouin vs Draisatl proposal when it has been reported that Chiarelli has offered Draisatl for a deal where Pacioretty is involved? I think that this is what is the main interest for everybody
Funny because we haven't seen/heard anything of sorts around here...

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Neutral fan questions:
1. Is it possible for the Oilers to keep all their high salary players? Talking about 9 players 4-4-1 at 55 mil.starting next year.

That would mean 14 other players would share 20 or so mil depending on cap.

2. If its seen as impossible, who would have to go? RNH? Return would have to be picks only?

I dont believe Leon is leaving.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Neutral fan questions:
1. Is it possible for the Oilers to keep all their high salary players? Talking about 9 players 4-4-1 at 55 mil.starting next year.

2. If its seen as impossible, who would have to go? RNH? Return would have to be picks only?

The Oilers have no issues cap wise no matter what people want to think. They could keep RNH next season with the reported 80-82M cap.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Neutral fan questions:

1) Depends on how much the cap goes up, but if they really want to, probably yes.

2) RNH only if it becomes an emergency to shed cap in summer 2017(I don't see why this would be the case), after next season, it becomes an option to move Russell and/or Sekera as their NMCs expire into limited NTCs.

The Oilers do however have an elephant in the room in the Cam Talbot contract needing an extension at a raise before too very long.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
How about:

Drai
Talbot

Weber @ 50% retained
Price @ 50% retained

That makes about as much sense to the Habs as your proposal for Edmonton

oilers aren't trading 22 year old centerpiece for 30+ year olds.
Their window is with McDavid between 2019-2026.
Price and Weber are poor fits for this window

Reactions: TrentonF

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
The Oilers have no issues cap wise no matter what people want to think. They could keep RNH next season with the reported 80-82M cap.

For the record i dont WANT to think anything. If cap jumps by 7 mil then i get it. Seems real tight next year.

9 players getting 55 mil next year + 14 minimum wage guys seems like a bad recipe to me. Plus one of the being Lucic for a long time. Any chance of getting out of this one?

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
He would not even get 60 points or 20 goals as a habs...

This is not happening anyway.
Lol I love the Habs line of argument with any good player. "Wouldn't score 20 points on this Habs team." If talented players can't produce on your squad, you might want to figure that out.

And it's not like the Oilers are a super deep team or anything. Why would he not produce?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think Price for Drai is a better package. Lots of Oilers fan disagree and I respect this. Lets talk in 2 years and wee how Price and Drai look then and how the cap situation looks as well.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I just don't see the Oilers trading Drai. Wouldn't that piss off McDavid big time? The only trade I think make sense is Price for Drai but that don't fly with pretty much the entire Oilers fan base.

I'm all for trading Patch for a 2018 1st, and NHL ready prospect (C, or LD). However, I think Bergevin is not interested in trading Patch anyways as if he goes down a rebuild route, he likely looses his job.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Neutral fan questions:

1. Yes
2. Maroon + Strome

Walk away from Maroon and Strome and the Oilers are well below cap ceiling next year.

Lucic-McDavid-Puljujarvi (20M)
Caggiula - Draisaitl- Yamamoto (12)
Slepychev-RNH-Kassian (9M)
Khaira-4th liner - 4th liner (3M)
~45M

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I think it's safe to say a deal can't and wont be made here. Not on HF or in the NHL.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
Why creating a Drouin vs Draisatl proposal when it has been reported that Chiarelli has offered Draisatl for a deal where Pacioretty is involved? I think that this is what is the main interest for everybody
Even Eklund wouldn't post something like this

I think Price for Drai is a better package. Lots of Oilers fan disagree and I respect this. Lets talk in 2 years and wee how Price and Drai look then and how the cap situation looks as well.
Oilers with Draisaitl/Talbot > Oilers with Price/Pacioretty or whatever else the Habs feel is "equal"
Don't want anything to do with Drouin or Galchenyuks sense of entitlement

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I just don't see the Oilers trading Drai. Wouldn't that piss off McDavid big time? The only trade I think make sense is Price for Drai but that don't fly with pretty much the entire Oilers fan base.

I'm all for trading Patch for a 2018 1st, and NHL ready prospect (C, or LD). However, I think Bergevin is not interested in trading Patch anyways as if he goes down a rebuild route, he likely looses his job.
something around Weber for Draisaitl makes more sense than Price.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
something around Weber for Draisaitl makes more sense than Price.

If the Habs had more depth on D, I would consider Weber for Drai. I think the Habs would have to wait and see how good Mete, Juuslen, Brook, and some of our other young D turn out in the next year or two.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Oilers with Draisaitl/Talbot > Oilers with Price/Pacioretty or whatever else the Habs feel is "equal"
Don't want anything to do with Drouin or Galchenyuks sense of entitlement

I think Price would be a game changer for the Oilers but losing Drai is a big pill to swallow. Talbot is a very good NHL goalie but you are going to need a better D in front of him to win a cup. However, we disagree on Price's value clearly.

Players on the table to be traded for me are Pleky, Patch, Galchenyuk. In that order.

As far as the Oilers trading Drai... It would have to be Price or Weber coming back the other way. I just don't see McDavid being happy with a package deal with various parts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad