Proposal: Draisaitl to Montreal

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
I don't really see why the Oilers would trade Draisaitl, I guess it is supposed to be because of the cap?

I think Lucic is probably a much more likely candidate to be moved.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I am a Habs fan and can identify this trade is not fair at all.

But really?

Lucic
Maroon
Strome
Khaira
Pakarinen

Your LW depth is beyond terrible. Maroon is a serviceable 2LW, but you'd have to pay me to take any of those other players.

Habs would offer Patches + 1st for Draisaitl and Lucic. Free you from that god awful contract in return for Draisaitl. Oilers get a pick somewhere between Lottery and 26th, not too sure + Patches ---Probably hurts the Habs in the long run, but we will figure that out.

You do realize that Lucic had 23 goals and 50 points last year and that he is on pace for 58 points this year. He has 19 points in 27 games which would lead the Habs at this time.

Strome is basically a center or a RW but despite that little issue he has actually played quite well of late. Pakarinen is also a RW and I am fairly sure you don't know much about Khaira, so why should we take your assessment of the Oilers LW depth with much more than a grain of salt?

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In hindsight could you imagine if....

TOR Matthews
WPG Laine
CBJ Dubois
MTL Sergachev
CGY Puljujarvi
VAN Juolevi
ARI Tkachuk
BUF Nylander

...we walked out of that draft with Subban and KELLER!!!!!
DO you think the Habs would have taken Sergachev at 4th?

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
It would be impossible for Edmonton to turn down Drouin + Gally for Drai.
Edmonton probably has to add.
Edmonton is taking on 750K salary, but they're getting 2 bodies instead of one.
Drouin coming in makes Maroon expendable.
Gally coming in gives us a much needed proven right winger.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

But really?

Lucic
Maroon
Strome
Khaira
Pakarinen

Your LW depth is beyond terrible. Maroon is a serviceable 2LW, but you'd have to pay me to take any of those other players.

Habs would offer Patches + 1st for Draisaitl and Lucic. Free you from that god awful contract in return for Draisaitl. Oilers get a pick somewhere between Lottery and 26th, not too sure + Patches ---Probably hurts the Habs in the long run, but we will figure that out.

Gee how kind of you for that dogshit offer. Edmonton would have to pay you to take Khaira (who has as many points in his last 8 games as Mike McCarron has in his entire career) Strome (24 year old C/W with twice as many points as 'totally a viable starting point for RNH' Lekhonen) and Lucic, who'd be tied for your team lead in points?

I wouldn't take that offer for Draisaitl alone.

Draisaitl >>> Patches
Lucic >> 1st

Looch's contract isn't great but he's more than serviceable as a player.

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

But really?

Lucic
Maroon
Strome
Khaira
Pakarinen

Oilers would easily pass. Patches is a UFA after next season, and this severely hurts their offense. Lucic's contract isn't even that bad. Lastly, Montreal doesn't have the cap space to make this deal.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Drai, Talbot, 2018 1st
for
Price, Galchenyuk, Pleky (retained)

We don't want Talbot but we will take him if you want the salary cap to fit. No offense to Talbot but we already are stocked with goaltenders after Price and Talbot would not fit in our long term plans. Otherwise, keep him and trade him to someone else in another trade...

Drai, 2018 1st, Jones
for
Price, Galchenyuk, Pleky (Retained)

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Drai, Talbot, 2018 1st
for
Price, Galchenyuk, Pleky (retained)

We don't want Talbot but we will take him if you want the salary cap to fit. No offense to Talbot but we already are stocked with goaltenders after Price and Talbot would not fit in our long term plans. Otherwise, keep him and trade him to someone else in another trade...

Drai, 2018 1st, Jones
for
Price, Galchenyuk, Pleky (Retained)

These are both miserable offers. Plekanec has zero value to Edmonton and we're not going to hitch our wagon to Price - signed til he's 38 - and gift you a 1C in the process.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Going to take much more than that to get Drai out of Edmonton. I even doubt Montreal has the pieces to trade for him.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
You explanation at how it's a miserable offer is miserable itself.

Cool. Shop Price elsewhere, we neither want nor need him. He's going to need to develop a severe equipment allergy for his contract to be anything less than disastrous in the final five years.

Best of luck getting a #1 C, a replacement starting goalie, and a good first rounder back. Oh but hey you're offering the corpse of Tomas Plekanec and a continually declining Galchenyuk too, that makes all the difference.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Cool. Shop Price elsewhere, we neither want nor need him. He's going to need to develop a severe equipment allergy for his contract to be anything less than disastrous in the final five years.

Best of luck getting a #1 C, a replacement starting goalie, and a good first rounder back. Oh but hey you're offering the corpse of Tomas Plekanec and a continually declining Galchenyuk too, that makes all the difference.

It's a trade offer. Relax. You don't like it, it's all good. It's no reason to flip out over it and disrespect others is it? Or is that fun for you?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's a trade offer. Relax. You don't like it, it's all good. It's no reason to flip out over it and disrespect others is it? Or is that fun for you?

Is a really, really bad trade offer. Borderline insulting.

I haven't disrespected YOU at all. I've crapped all over your offer; that's not the same thing.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Is a really, really bad trade offer. Borderline insulting.

I haven't disrespected YOU at all. I've crapped all over your offer; that's not the same thing.

When someone thinks their opinion is fact and then proceeds to offend others ^^^^^^

That trade offer was not borderline insulting. You are off the rails on this one my friend and you are way too focused on making attacks vs debating in good faith. It's very clear!

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
When someone thinks their opinion is fact and then proceeds to offend others ^^^^^^

That trade offer was not borderline insulting. You are off the rails on this one my friend and you are way too focused on making attacks vs debating in good faith. It's very clear!

The rallying cry for the 2010-2020 decade: 'I'm offended!'. Well, too bad. Your offer is bad, I don't have to respect it.

If you want a counter offer, you're not going to get one. Montreal simply does not have the pieces to get Draisaitl, never mind Drai, Talbot, and our 1st round pick. Goalies do not have that kind of value, even ones with Price's track record. His contract is going to be an absolute anchor and his injuries leave a lot to be concerned about.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why do the Oilers want to trade Drasaitl in the first place? They signed him for 8 years because they want to keep him. If they wanted to trade him they would have done it in the offseason when he was an RFA. Draisaitl is going to be an Oiler for a long time.

We don't want to trade Draisaitl at all but apparently not wanting to trade Drai++ for Price, zombie Plekanec, and a broken Galchenyuk is offensive and I should feel bad. :laugh:

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
The rallying cry for the 2010-2020 decade: 'I'm offended!'. Well, too bad. Your offer is bad, I don't have to respect it.

If you want a counter offer, you're not going to get one. Montreal simply does not have the pieces to get Draisaitl, never mind Drai, Talbot, and our 1st round pick. Goalies do not have that kind of value, even ones with Price's track record. His contract is going to be an absolute anchor and his injuries leave a lot to be concerned about.

Your counter argument was bad. We can spin in circles all day but at the end of the day, you are not debating in good faith and threw insults out. You grossly undervalue Price. A better response from you would of been no thanks. We rather take our chances with Talbot or another top 10 potential Goalie.

Come on man! Stop the insults. It's getting old. Talk about the trade offer and come up with better agreements to support what you think. You also have to remember, it's just your opinion vs others. Pretending that you opinion is fact and insulting others on this is delusional.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Your counter argument was bad. We can spin in circles all day but at the end of the day, you are not debating in good faith and threw insults out. You grossly undervalue Price. A better response from you would of been no thanks. We rather take our chances with Talbot or another top 10 potential Goalie.

Come on man! Stop the insults. It's getting old. Talk about the trade offer and come up with better agreements to support what you think. You also have to remember, it's just your opinion vs others. Pretending that you opinion is fact and insulting others on this is delusional.

Again, I haven't said a damn thing about you. Stop playing the victim, it's very tiresome.

I'm not debating in good faith because you're wildly overvaluing Price. He's 30, struggling with injuries, sitting on a .905 save percentage, and carrying a cap hit of 10.5 million until he's 38 years old. You're trying to get a piece that almost no Edmonton fan has any interest in moving. I'm
not interested in moving Draisaitl for any asset or combination of assets that Montreal has; is that clear enough?

Or, in HF terms:

Price > Talbot (though when you factor in contracts I'm not sure that's true anymore as the two were very comparable last season)

Draisaitl >>> Galchenyuk

1st >>> Plekanec.

My opinion, though. Better make that crystal clear so no one gets offended.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I've stated before Price is a HOF goaltender. However he does not land you Draisaitl. You're offering a goalie signed to a extremely long term and high number to a team that already has a legit starter. Then you want their 22 y.o. stud center in return. Better to shop Price to Arizona or something.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I've stated before Price is a HOF goaltender. However he does not land you Draisaitl. You're offering a goalie signed to a extremely long term and high number to a team that already has a legit starter. Then you want their 22 y.o. stud center in return. Better to shop Price to Arizona or something.

Not just our stud 22 year old centre; a replacement very good starting goaltender and a first round pick going back too.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Kinda hilarious that both teams, instead of making a deal that could have helped themselves and each other, went and lost stupid seperate deals instead.

Bergevin had to go and get greedy...
To be fair, that's a pretty bad deal for the Habs then. Now too, but they're even worse off because of the moves they made.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad