Proposal: Draisaitl to Montreal

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
These crazy proposals are usually made by the bottom of the barrel of a fan base, it's embarrassing but every fan base has fans who ride in the short bus.

We get it pal, no need to repeat yourself 14 times, you're the elite of Montreal's fan base.

While we're at it, can I get your autograph plz?

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
The "discussion" only works if you are actually willing to listen to what the other side needs and start an offer with something that would resemble it.

Any "discussion" of us trading Draisaitl would have to BEGIN with the notion that you had a #1 or surefire future #1D++, preferably a right-handed one... that you were willing to trade AND who would fit within McDavid's prime.

The most important complementary building blocks for McDavid are, in order: #1 Defenseman, #1B Center, #1 goalie

Your #1D is too old and too expensive. Draisaitl is nearly the best fit for #1C in the league (only Matthews or arguably Eichel would be a better fit) and your #1 goalie is injured, too expensive and getting older. Talbot is passable, though not ideal... but you don't have an ideal solution.

So why would we trade one of those building blocks, which fits us perfectly... for an imperfect approximation of one of the other building blocks?

Thus... you don't have the assets.

Good points here.

Sadly for some NHL teams, and luckily for the others, bad GMs are not always that pragmatic.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Nice profile photo, very funny to you isn't it, i see the kind of human i am dealing with here.

:facepalm:

....and I'm certainly terrified to have this discussion with the infamous Cobra Commander, archnemesis of our beloved hero GI Joe.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
But yet Leafs fans think they can get that kind of return for Marner?

Agreed, clearly Marner is just a passenger to the great Dominic Moore and Matt Martin. We will never know how good he is until he gets away from those two studs.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
But yet Leafs fans think they can get that kind of return for Marner?
Nope, he has a ton to prove, too.
This season aside, the Leafs aren't as ready to compete as the Oilers are so there is no pressure to make a move.
Marner is going nowhere.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Dire needs may push GMs to do unrealistic trades though, we saw it before.

Oilers sure are in need of a 1D, and Chiarelli's generosity impressed many in the past few years.

That's why the ''doesn't have the assets'' argument gets to me, it kills the discussion.

not really. I take chiarelli over Bergevin any day of the week

Subban> Weber all things considered

and Sergachev Montreal actually needed over the repetitive Drouin since Galchenyuk nor drouin is a center

and the word you keep misusing is Moot not Mute

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
not really. I take chiarelli over Bergevin any day of the week

Subban> Weber all things considered

and Sergachev Montreal actually needed over the repetitive Drouin since Galchenyuk nor drouin is a center

and the word you keep misusing is Moot not Mute

I never said the opposite, Bergevin is bad too.
I'd keep him over Chiarelli though, personnal preference.

I said 'mute' one time while responding to a comment saying 'mute'.. fake news!

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I never said the opposite, Bergevin is bad too.
I'd keep him over Chiarelli though, personnal preference.

I said 'mute' one time while responding to a comment saying 'mute'.. fake news!
fair response

me personally, I think he put all his eggs into getting Tavares as a free agent, and having watched John for 7 years, the last place he'd go is montreal. He'd hate being in the fishbowl 24/7 and in montreal thats where he'd be

some players just dont want all that attention

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
fair response

me personally, I think he put all his eggs into getting Tavares as a free agent, and having watched John for 7 years, the last place he'd go is montreal. He'd hate being in the fishbowl 24/7 and in montreal thats where he'd be

some players just dont want all that attention

I agree with that, sadly.. but I'm keeping hope :rolleyes:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad