Proposal: Draisaitl to Montreal

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Again, I haven't said a damn thing about you. Stop playing the victim, it's very tiresome.

I'm not debating in good faith because you're wildly overvaluing Price. He's 30, struggling with injuries, sitting on a .905 save percentage, and carrying a cap hit of 10.5 million until he's 38 years old. You're trying to get a piece that almost no Edmonton fan has any interest in moving. I'm
not interested in moving Draisaitl for any asset or combination of assets that Montreal has; is that clear enough?

Or, in HF terms:

Price > Talbot (though when you factor in contracts I'm not sure that's true anymore as the two were very comparable last season)

Draisaitl >>> Galchenyuk

1st >>> Plekanec.

My opinion, though. Better make that crystal clear so no one gets offended.

Took a bit for you to debate in good faith. Congrats! It only took me a few posts to get you to show you reasons ;)

Price = Drai
Talbot = we don't want him
Galchenyuk, Pleky > 1st

Still think this is miserable? Go back and re-read. I also showed you a 2nd option if you think Talbot is valuable. Keep him then and we can work around something else. If Price+ for Drai+ was a deal both teams were interested in, Talbot would not factor in the Habs long term plans and this is not to disrespect Talbot. We have Lindgren and McNiven we will ride with for the future.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Took a bit for you to debate in good faith. Congrats! It only took me a few posts to get you to show you reasons ;)

Price = Drai
Galchenyuk, Pleky > 1st

Still think this is miserable? Go back and re-read. I also showed you a 2nd option if you think Talbot is valuable. Keep him then and we can work around something else. If Price+ for Drai+ was a deal both teams were interested in, Talbot would not factor in the Habs long term plans and this is not to disrespect Talbot. We have Lindgren and McNiven we will ride with for the future.

You're not listening. Let me try again:

If I'm standing in the shoes of Peter Chiarelli, and the names Price and Draisaitl came up, that would be the end of the conversation. Right then and there. I almost don't care what the other pieces of the deal are. I'm not hitching my wagon to a 30+ year old goalie, signed for 8 more years at 10.5 million AAV, and sending you Draisaitl. Flat no.

Let's address the rest of your second trade.

Given that I would outright reject Price for Draisaitl straight up, how does a 1st for Galchenyuk - who I don't much like as a player - and Jones for Plekanec make any sense at all?

Both trades heavily favour Montreal, solve just about all of your problems, and leave Edmonton up shit creek using our hands for paddles.

zeeto

Oct 28, 2011
Endwell, NY

Price = Drai
Galchenyuk, Pleky > 1st

Hope to ride. Both are very unproven.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
It is a fantastic exercise in curiosity to wonder what both teams would look like if that deal had taken place (that deal and not the ridiculous ask Bergevin reportedly made).

Would we still do Hall for Larsson (I personally hope so)?

If our current top 4 were

Nurse/Sekera-Subban
Klefbom-Larsson

With Sergachev as our top D prospect. Wow.

Very interesting to think about it.

However, If the deal went trough, I still think Habs would have picked Sergachev 4th ovr (especially since Dubois went 3rd).

Habs were high on Sergachev & Keller... if Subban was gone and Drai in... the logical pick would have been the D.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
You're not listening. Let me try again:

If I'm standing in the shoes of Peter Chiarelli, and the names Price and Draisaitl came up, that would be the end of the conversation. Right then and there. I almost don't care what the other pieces of the deal are. I'm not hitching my wagon to a 30+ year old goalie, signed for 8 more years at 10.5 million AAV, and sending you Draisaitl. Flat no.

Let's address the rest of your second trade.

Given that I would outright reject Price for Draisaitl straight up, how does a 1st for Galchenyuk - who I don't much like as a player - and Jones for Plekanec make any sense at all?

Both trades heavily favour Montreal, solve just about all of your problems, and leave Edmonton up **** creek using our hands for paddles.

So we agree. It's not a miserable trade offer. It's just one you don't like ;)

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We will take our chances with a rebuild. That would be the point of trading Price. McDavid/Price might win the Oilers Cups.
And yet Price has done nothing in the playoffs to date . On top of that you get Montreal bashing Edmonton defence all the time . So if Edmonton defence is so bad and Talbot got them with in 1 win of the west finals I would argue Talbot has done more with less in the playoffs . I think we will stick with a 5 million goalie and have room for another D .

Love Price story . How his dad took him to games in a plane . It is a feel good story . He just isn't worth his contract at his age and with his injuries . Draisaitl may be over paid as well but at least he can grow into his contract . Price not so much . CO said it best we are hitching our wagon to a goalie signed until he is 38 at 10.5

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
And yet Price has done nothing in the playoffs to date . On top of that you get Montreal bashing Edmonton defence all the time . So if Edmonton defence is so bad and Talbot got them with in 1 win of the west finals I would argue Talbot has done more with less in the playoffs . I think we will stick with a 5 million goalie and have room for another D .

Love Price story . How his dad took him to games in a plane . It is a feel good story . He just isn't worth his contract at his age and with his injuries . Draisaitl may be over paid as well but at least he can grow into his contract . Price not so much . CO said it best we are hitching our wagon to a goalie signed until he is 38 at 10.5

Price's lack of success in the playoffs is due to the Habs not being able to score. Sorry, not buying into Price is not worth it BS. However, I do respect that you rather take your chances with Talbot. If Talbot is the goalie you think he is, he won't be costing $5M for very long. Expect to pay him north of $7M very soon! So many people are not factoring in inflation and the cap likely to be $80M next year. Price's contract and age structure is very similar to Lundqvist (% of cap). It's nowhere near as bad as what most are pretending it to be.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Nope, it's miserable. If you think it's not, show me comparable deal with another team that you think is mutually beneficial.

Like I said... the only miserable comments is the evidence you provide to support that it's miserable. It's a trade negotiation, not a trash other teams fan base thread.

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
Yeah you all are deep at C I can see why you wouldn't want a 20 year old stud.

Even if the offer is..

Drouin (50% retained)
Gally (50% retained)
Price (80% retained)
Weber (90 % retained)
for
Draisaitl

..we'll get some more delicious ''Meh, anyway I doubt Montreal have the pieces for him''.

That's why

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Like I said... the only miserable comments is the evidence you provide to support that it's miserable. It's a trade negotiation, not a trash other teams fan base thread.

It's not a negotiation when you're trying to get pieces other fanbases don't want to move, champ.

You going to continue to try to move the goalposts, or are you going to post what you think is a comparable, good offer for both teams using someone else's players?

Price to Buffalo for Eichel ++?
Price to Tampa for Kucherov ++
Price to Toronto for Nylander++?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I always say they don't have the pieces... but I always mean I am counting the cap along with positional depth. Nothing works between these teams because of these two factors. The Oilers won't trade Draisaitl for a 10 million dollar goaltender... even a future hall of famer like Price.

Once you traded Subban the chance to get Draisaitl evaporated.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
I am a Habs fan and can identify this trade is not fair at all.

But really?

Lucic
Maroon
Strome
Khaira
Pakarinen

Your LW depth is beyond terrible. Maroon is a serviceable 2LW, but you'd have to pay me to take any of those other players.

Habs would offer Patches + 1st for Draisaitl and Lucic. Free you from that god awful contract in return for Draisaitl. Oilers get a pick somewhere between Lottery and 26th, not too sure + Patches ---Probably hurts the Habs in the long run, but we will figure that out.

People here keep talking about Lucic as if hes fallen off a cliff already and is some 3rd/4th liner at this point in his career based on what fits their own agenda. Hes actually be solid this year. Last year he produced incredibly on the PP and nothing 5v5...this year hes producing 5v5, along with providing the intangibles he provides.

Habs have 1 LW that I would classify has better than Looch..and that's Patches.

Also fyi - Strome is a C/RW ..and Pakaranen is a RW (and is now in the minors).

Our LW depth is:
Lucic
Maroon
Cagguila (plays RW too)
Cammalleri
Khaira (plays C too)
Slepyshev (plays RW too)
Nate Walker

And when he mention LW is fine..He not meaning they are world beaters..hes saying we already have more then enough serviceable LWers.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It's not a negotiation when you're trying to get pieces other fanbases don't want to move, champ.

You going to continue to try to move the goalposts, or are you going to post what you think is a comparable, good offer for both teams using someone else's players?

Price to Buffalo for Eichel ++?
Price to Tampa for Kucherov ++
Price to Toronto for Nylander++?

Like I said. I respect that you don't like the trade. It happens. I don't respect your attempts at trashing the offer. Value wise, it was not miserable. You were way off on that and for the record, It was not just Price. Stop twisting things

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
People here keep talking about Lucic as if hes fallen off a cliff already and is some 3rd/4th liner at this point in his career based on what fits their own agenda. Hes actually be solid this year. Last year he produced incredibly on the PP and nothing 5v5...this year hes producing 5v5, along with providing the intangibles he provides.

Habs have 1 LW that I would classify has better than Looch..and that's Patches.

Also fyi - Strome is a C/RW ..and Pakaranen is a RW (and is now in the minors).

Our LW depth is:
Lucic
Maroon
Cagguila (plays RW too)
Cammalleri
Khaira (plays C too)
Slepyshev (plays RW too)
Nate Walker

And when he mention LW is fine..He not meaning they are world beaters..hes saying we already have more then enough serviceable LWers.
Servicable and filling their roles fine. Maroon and Lucic work well for us as top six LW's. Could we stand an upgrade? Maybe, but not in a salary cap world. The bottom six works with all of the versatility we have - Cagguila can play with McDavid or bottom six on either wing. Khaira has been great recently and can play any forward position. Slepyshev has struggled a bit this year with injuries, but is a good enough shooter to fill in as top six if we need. I'm intrigued to see what we have in Walker.

Reactions: THall4

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Like I said. I respect that you don't like the trade. It happens. I don't respect your attempts at trashing the offer. Value wise, it was not miserable. You were way off on that and for the record, It was not just Price. Stop twisting things
It is bad value wise. You have Drai as = to Price, and that just isn't the case.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Continue to move the goalposts and dodge the question it is. How the heck are you a mod?

Reactions: Starat327

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Why creating a Drouin vs Draisatl proposal when it has been reported that Chiarelli has offered Draisatl for a deal where Pacioretty is involved? I think that this is what is the main interest for everybody

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why creating a Drouin vs Draisatl proposal when it has been reported that Chiarelli has offered Draisatl for a deal where Pacioretty is involved? I think that this is what is the main interest for everybody

Uh. Where has that been 'reported', exactly?

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Uh. Where has that been 'reported', exactly?

Writen yesterday night on Enprolongation.com... They reported TSN1050 Edmonton has reported that Chiarelli has made an offer to Bergevin....

Draisatl vs Pacioretty + Poehling + 1st rd pick 2018

From the asnwers read on Facebook, it was rejected by approximatly 90 to 95% of the fans

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->