Proposal: Draisaitl to Montreal

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
Why do the Oilers want to trade Drasaitl in the first place? They signed him for 8 years because they want to keep him. If they wanted to trade him they would have done it in the offseason when he was an RFA. Draisaitl is going to be an Oiler for a long time.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
oh man. Nooooooooo.
From Oiler perspective obvs.

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
I dont see what the Habs could offer to get the Oil to part with Dr Drai. It would be quantity for quality and no one wants that for their great players

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Trading for Drouin leaves a pretty big hole at center for the Oilers, and they don't need a LW. If anything, they need a RW.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Draisaitl and 4th overall for Subban and 9th overall.....
In hindsight could you imagine if....

TOR Matthews
WPG Laine
CBJ Dubois
MTL Sergachev
CGY Puljujarvi
VAN Juolevi
ARI Tkachuk
BUF Nylander

...we walked out of that draft with Subban and KELLER!!!!!

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
In hindsight could you imagine if....

TOR Matthews
WPG Laine
CBJ Dubois
MTL Sergachev
CGY Puljujarvi
VAN Juolevi
ARI Tkachuk
BUF Nylander

...we walked out of that draft with Subban and KELLER!!!!!

Don't think Montreal would have passed on Puljujarvi. Also, Vancouver picked before Calgary, so if they did, I doubt Vancouver would have passed on him. Regardless, seeing Keller beside McDavid would be sick.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Draisaitl and 4th overall for Subban and 9th overall.....

It is a fantastic exercise in curiosity to wonder what both teams would look like if that deal had taken place (that deal and not the ridiculous ask Bergevin reportedly made).

Would we still do Hall for Larsson (I personally hope so)?

If our current top 4 were

Nurse/Sekera-Subban
Klefbom-Larsson

With Sergachev as our top D prospect. Wow.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
Draisaitl for Subban and the pick swap would have been a franchise altering move for both teams.

Too bad CBJ had to take PLD #3 and mess it all up.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
Don't think Montreal would have passed on Puljujarvi. Also, Vancouver picked before Calgary, so if they did, I doubt Vancouver would have passed on him. Regardless, seeing Keller beside McDavid would be sick.
I agree even Puljujarvi at 4 was a surprise. Pre draft he was highly regarded. Even now it's been a year and a bit and he still has high value.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
It is a fantastic exercise in curiosity to wonder what both teams would look like if that deal had taken place (that deal and not the ridiculous ask Bergevin reportedly made).

Would we still do Hall for Larsson (I personally hope so)?

If our current top 4 were

Nurse/Sekera-Subban
Klefbom-Larsson

With Sergachev as our top D prospect. Wow.

If Edmonton made that trade then I believe Hall would still be an Oiler but Larsson and Lucic wouldn't be.

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
we're fine on LW.

I am a Habs fan and can identify this trade is not fair at all.

But really?

Lucic
Maroon
Strome
Khaira
Pakarinen

Your LW depth is beyond terrible. Maroon is a serviceable 2LW, but you'd have to pay me to take any of those other players.

Habs would offer Patches + 1st for Draisaitl and Lucic. Free you from that god awful contract in return for Draisaitl. Oilers get a pick somewhere between Lottery and 26th, not too sure + Patches ---Probably hurts the Habs in the long run, but we will figure that out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->