Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Hey, that guy Tarasenko is an awesome player!! If he doesn’t have a career-ending injury he might go on to become an all time great.

WHO SAYS THAT!!???

:laugh:

Apparently you since you said career ending. I simply acknowledged sometimes injuries can alter player's careers since that, quite frankly, happens all the time. If reality is morbid for you, then my apologies. Didn't think this would be such a sensitive topic for some people, but maybe I should've known.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Apparently you since you said career ending. I simply acknowledged sometimes injuries can alter player's careers since that, quite frankly, happens all the time. If reality is morbid for you, then my apologies. Didn't think this would be such a sensitive topic for some people, but maybe I should've known.

It’s not even a blip on my radar, but you keep bringing it up. It’s not sensitive, but IMO it’s just ridiculous and pointless to discuss a player and say he’s probably going to be this, unless he suffers a “career altering” injury.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I think it's normal that we, as Bruins fans, seeing a young, promising player develop, look to future potential. At the same time we are painfully aware of the Orrs, Carpenters, Neeleys, etc., who stole, then broke our hearts.

Just a Boston thing. Think Bias, Agganis, Lewis, Westmoreland, Conigliaro.

Reactions: compan

JP Nolan

Sep 28, 2017
Heinen is getting better and better on a nightly basis to me the last 5-10 games. He is growing his confidence and spreading his wings a little more each night. One night he protected the puck nicely....Another he had several nice keeps at the blue line and the wall....Another he had some nice passes in space....He has all the tools and is learning to use them all. Reminds me a little of Dylan Larkin......

Reactions: DKH

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Heinen is getting better and better on a nightly basis to me the last 5-10 games. He is growing his confidence and spreading his wings a little more each night. One night he protected the puck nicely....Another he had several nice keeps at the blue line and the wall....Another he had some nice passes in space....He has all the tools and is learning to use them all. Reminds me a little of Dylan Larkin......

He's more in the Reilly Smith mode to me, the Gerard Gallant version.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Curious to see what happens with Spooner once JDB is back in and what that means for Heinen. I like how he's fit in with Nash and Backes. Can't see DeBrusk not being with Krejci. Does Spooner draw in and bump him out, maybe down to the 4th and replaces one of Acciari/Kuraly/Schaller? Does Spooner move to C and Nash centres the 4th? Will be interesting

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I thought he was the best forward on the ice tonight. Even before his goal that didn't really mean anything with a couple minutes left. But boy did he deserve it.

Wasn't a fan before his breakthrough. Have to eat crow on that one.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I wasn't a fan of the pick when it was made (silly, that late in the draft , I know) and I didn't get to catch much of his NCAA career but completely fell in love with his style last year watching him in the preseason. He has an ELITE hockey IQ and I don't use that term lightly or often.

He also has fantastic tipping abilities which we have not really seen yet and will result in lots of goals once that part of his game really get going.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I wasn't a fan of the pick when it was made (silly, that late in the draft , I know) and I didn't get to catch much of his NCAA career but completely fell in love with his style last year watching him in the preseason. He has an ELITE hockey IQ and I don't use that term lightly or often.

He also has fantastic tipping abilities which we have not really seen yet and will result in lots of goals once that part of his game really get going.

I can`t comment about him at the draft table as I`d never heard of him and certainly hadn`t read anything about him. Other than what you said which I agree with, I`m loving his play without the puck. In order for him to attack with a purpose and pressure a puck carrier, you have to identify the area on the ice you should be in without that puck to attack, he`s got that ability and he makes it appear like his decisions are intuitive.

I haven`t a clue what his ceiling is, there`s part of me that thinks in the right situation, possible 30 goal man, then there`s the other side of things where I can see him settling into that player a coach can tap on the shoulder in any situation (which he`s already becoming I think) who maybe pops 20-25 yearly, 40-50pts. Either way, love this kid

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I believe that was Dean Malkoc?

Liked the chemistry of the third line last night, though I would prefer DeBrusk to Nash there at some point (soon, with Nash moving to the 4th line).

They were good, and have been good since Backes returned. It might look good to move Backes to 3rd line C and JDB to his wing- but right now Nash is playing well and those three seem to have something going. Heinen is a revelation- I wonder how many teams are wishing they'd taken a chance on him at the draft?

Reactions: BMC

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
People love this guy but hate Krejci and they're identical players.
I don't hate Krejci, but I imagine the hate on Krejci is mostly because he gets paid a lot, is often injured, and appears to take games off, as in disinterested in the regular season, more so than others.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
People love this guy but hate Krejci and they're identical players.

I think Krejci is a better passer and has better on-ice vision (as he should given their respective points in their careers) but then I really like Krejci though, so I am not in your category. If Heinen can become even 75% of Krejci we have a tremendous player on our hands

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I don't get the Krejci hate, but I guess Heinen is the shiny new toy that everyone loves. Until............

Until what? He isn't the shiny new toy, he is a young player that was a lower round pick who is turning into a decent player for us. Based on the way his game has come along this past year there is reason to be optimistic about what he might turn into- a Loui Eriksson comp perhaps?

By the way, I saw a lot of Brent Hughes back when he coached the Austin IceBats- it just now hit me about your username and avatar picture :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad