Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Yes, I did watch him. I saw a player who while he wasn't producing as much, continued to still play a solid all around game. And if you bothered to actually look above, he still was productive over the 2nd half of his season.

Well I did both.... Read about it and witnessed it.

The numbers say otherwise that he sucked. Is 0.44 PPG production "sucking" in your eyes? Pretty ridiculous expectations then.... Your view is clearly clouded by the fact you were never a Heinen fan to begin with. You are a typical, hide in the weeds and wait until something bad happens so I can ***** again, type. It's alright... You're not alone here. Granted, your company isn't HOF quality :laugh:

He wasn't good in the playoffs.. I'll agree there. His line mates weren't either. Riley Nash and Backes (5v5) were non-existent. He still scored a pretty huge goal in Game 7 against Toronto..... I believe the goal was assisted by Krejci. Heinen showed a lot this past season that he could produce with better players. He was very consistent when he was moved up in the lineup.

And back to outlandish garbage comments. Really? If he doesn't produce more? What is "more" that he needs to produce to meet your high criteria? Heinen is done playing in Providence. If you knew what you were watching, you'd be able to see that.

Umm you might want to tell this to the other posters as well since some are saying he may go bavk down..
He wasnt publicized to be a 4th or even a marginal tbird liner. There wouldn't be much talk of him if he was.
Furthermore sone here have alsi given him the nodge over Debrusk( how?)
Heinen isnt close to having Debrusk's talent level ..Having said all this expectations not only mine should be min 50 pts(20 goals). If he doesnt come close to that ...i dont care how good he can play in his own zone but i can see this being the sugar coat effect

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Umm you might want to tell this to the other posters as well since some are saying he may go bavk down..
He wasnt publicized to be a 4th or even a marginal tbird liner. There wouldn't be much talk of him if he was.
Heinen isnt close to having Debrusk's talent level ..Having said all this expectations not only mine should be min 50 pts(20 goals). If he doesnt come close to that ...i dont care how good he can play in his own zone but i can see this being the sugar coat effect

Ok, lets say he only scores 30 points next year, say 10 goals and 20 assists.

In a cap system, if your getting 30 points and solid two-way play out of a winger making just 870k then your doing pretty good. There isn't a team in the league who wouldn't take that type of performance at that cap hit.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
But but but..... He wasn't as productive in the 2nd half so clearly that means he's back into the "jury is still out" class. It's ****ing hilarious to me that people actually can look at his whole season, dismiss the first half, but put so much weight into the 2nd half. It's so stupid and lazy. It's always the same people too...Shocker.

Nope he suked in the playoffs too and i didnt think he seemed all that stupud and lazy but hey ..i can see your point.
Anyhow since you decided to get somewhat personal .if Heinen dies continue to NOT produce....remember this post if not ill make sure i remind you
Everytime i see posters going the personal route ....i cant help the temptation of reminding of it....We shall see

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Ok, lets say he only scores 30 points next year, say 10 goals and 20 assists.

In a cap system, if your getting 30 points and solid two-way play out of a winger making just 870k then your doing pretty good. There isn't a team in the league who wouldn't take that type of performance at that cap hit.

Id say. Youre gettung ready to not onky accept dissapointment but justify it as well.
Lets just see where he ends up ..As i said 50pts min was the consnsus was here .it seems to be dropping by the posts..A 30 pt guy....sorry is he worthy of all this attention.?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

What other (logical) posters are saying that Heinen may go back down to Providence?

I don't even understand what you're trying to say here.

Who are they?

Heinen isnt close to having Debrusk's talent level ..

Lol.... Alright? Why is this even coming up?

Having said all this expectations not only mine should be min 50 pts(20 goals). If he doesnt come close to that ...i dont care how good he can play in his own zone but i can see this being the sugar coat effect

So if Heinen puts up 40 -49 points he wouldn't meet your expectations? This is mind boggling.

Reactions: Chief Nine

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Id say. Youre gettung ready to not onky accept dissapointment but justify it as well.
Lets just see where he ends up ..As i said 50pts min was the consnsus was here .it seems to be dropping by the posts..A 30 pt guy....sorry is he worthy of all this attention.?

Not sure what league your watching, but 30 pts. from a forward is a solid total in today's NHL. Considering there are give-or-take 400 forwards in the league, and 30ish points would put a forward in that low 200-range, that means roughly half of the forwards in the league didn't produce as much as the 30 pt. guy.

Now if your talking Heinen's actual production last year, he was tied for 110th out of roughly 400+ forwards in the league. So that would put him in the Top 25% of forwards in actual production league-wide.

Seems worthy of attention to me, especially considering, oh I don't know, this is a thread about Danton Heinen.

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
Danton Heinen: 77 Games Played -- 16 Goals -- 31 Assists -- 47 Points -- 0.61 PPG

First 38 Games Played = 10 Goals -- 20 assists -- 30 Points -- 0.79 PPG
Last 39 Games Played = 6 Goals -- 11 assists -- 17 points -- 0.44 PPG

I find it funny that 0.44 PPG pace is "MIA since half the season". Regardless of his 2nd half dip in production, he still produced like that of a higher end 3rd liner. But yep..... Jury is still out! Could be "at best" a 4th liner! :laugh: :laugh:

Were you one of the few here who didn't like Heinen but got really quiet when he showed he could play?

Even 6 goals and 11 assists in the second half would still put him on pace for ~ 12 goals and 22 assists over an 82 game pace as a rookie while playing smart away from the puck... absolute trash, send him to Providence already Don

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Even 6 goals and 11 assists in the second half would still put him on pace for ~ 12 goals and 22 assists over an 82 game pace as a rookie while playing smart away from the puck... absolute trash, send him to Providence already Don

I'd actually trade him in a package for Jake Virtanen. You know.... Because while he's proven nothing in the NHL to be anything more than a 4th liner (Heinen is a 4th liner too), he hits and stuff...Plus, drafted in the Top 10 so.

Reactions: Grimey

Grimey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 4, 2017
I'd actually trade him in a package for Jake Virtanen. You know.... Because while he's proven nothing in the NHL to be anything more than a 4th liner (Heinen is a 4th liner too), he hits and stuff...Plus, drafted in the Top 10 so.

Would VAN accept the offer? Might have to add a 1st, Heinen was only a 4th round pick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille