Player Discussion Danton Heinen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Heinen has oodles of that wonderful gift that is hockey IQ. He is always in the right spot at the right time, trying to do the right thing. This in his rookie year, to boot. He plays a veteran game, already.
I am not going to put comparisons to #37, because it is so much premature it isn't even funny, but with experience he could get quite close to that, I feel.

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
making me a believer... without having watched him play I thought the scouting reports had me less than impressed. I was expecting an nhl pro... but not a guy that would ever be part of a teams core. a bubble player

even coming into this season... he didn't impress me much when I saw him with my own eyes last year

but this is a lesson to me and others learnt once again... we cant judge all kids on our first impression. sometimes kids grow and learn and evolve. it does require the right attitude on their part... some smarts... some willingness to work

heinen today has won me over. I will hate to see him go. unfortunately for him and Bjork and debrusk and cehlerik I can say the same thing for all 4 of these kids. reality tells me there wont be room for all 4

but I'm so happy that whoever makes it from among these 4 kids... we have some winners here. we did damn good drafting and developing these guys. as fans we will be lucky to follow their careers whoever ends up staying

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
making me a believer... without having watched him play I thought the scouting reports had me less than impressed. I was expecting an nhl pro... but not a guy that would ever be part of a teams core. a bubble player

even coming into this season... he didn't impress me much when I saw him with my own eyes last year

but this is a lesson to me and others learnt once again... we cant judge all kids on our first impression. sometimes kids grow and learn and evolve. it does require the right attitude on their part... some smarts... some willingness to work

heinen today has won me over. I will hate to see him go. unfortunately for him and Bjork and debrusk and cehlerik I can say the same thing for all 4 of these kids. reality tells me there wont be room for all 4

but I'm so happy that whoever makes it from among these 4 kids... we have some winners here. we did damn good drafting and developing these guys. as fans we will be lucky to follow their careers whoever ends up staying

the guy is a coaches dream, seems like Butch can literally tap him on the shoulder and trust him in almost any situation. Turning into my favorite young gun. Not a chance was I anticipating he`d contribute as he has offensively but the kid doesn`t cheat when it comes to positioning, no short cuts and what I find equally as impressive is he contributed offensively when recalled and started out on the 4th line as well with limited ice time.

Reactions: zaYG

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Someone cant remember who maybe perhaps u compared his game to Loui Eriksson.

I'm seeing it!
A lot of people have said it because he's a smart player that can play well on both special teams

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
the guy is a coaches dream, seems like Butch can literally tap him on the shoulder and trust him in almost any situation. Turning into my favorite young gun. Not a chance was I anticipating he`d contribute as he has offensively but the kid doesn`t cheat when it comes to positioning, no short cuts and what I find equally as impressive is he contributed offensively when recalled and started out on the 4th line as well with limited ice time.
What an absolute steal, fourth round pick, agree with everything you said here. Hitting on picks in the late rounds can go a long way into building a Cup contender. Now if Bjork blossoms over the next couple of seasons, they will have a 5th round steal on top of this.

Reactions: TCB

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Every team wants a guy like Danton Heinen. Pretty obvious from his style of game that he could give two shits about himself and his stats and just wants to help get the puck in the net, whether he contribute to that directly or indirectly. As straightforward a hockey player as you can get. What a great pick.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
What an absolute steal, fourth round pick, agree with everything you said here. Hitting on picks in the late rounds can go a long way into building a Cup contender. Now if Bjork blossoms over the next couple of seasons, they will have a 5th round steal on top of this.

Liked both of their games last night, not sure if Bjork made it onto the score sheet vs the Jackets but he played with far more focus and jump, Heinen with another great game

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Someone cant remember who maybe perhaps u compared his game to Loui Eriksson.

I'm seeing it!

I was one, but giving credit where it’s due, the first one was Nugs I believe?

I think Heinen is more of a playmaker and less of a shooter than Loui, but he has a good shot and I read somewhere the coaching staff has been urging him to shoot more, so who knows.

I just really like his game. Quietly goes about his business, not real flashy, rarely out of position at both ends and appears to be a quick learner.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

I think Heinen is more of a playmaker and less of a shooter than Loui, but he has a good shot and I read somewhere the coaching staff has been urging him to shoot more, so who knows.

I just really like his game. Quietly goes about his business, not real flashy, rarely out of position at both ends and appears to be a quick learner.

he plays like a more physical Loui IMO. My man crush is borderline concerning with the guy

Reactions: zaYG and TCB

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Liked both of their games last night, not sure if Bjork made it onto the score sheet vs the Jackets but he played with far more focus and jump, Heinen with another great game

Bjork had an assist.

Heinen, DeBrusk, and McAvoy stole the show, but Grizz was very good I thought and Bjork looks like he’s getting back to where he was before the “upper body injury”.

Great game for the youngsters.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Great description!

He does everything right with above average skill.

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
Bjork had an assist.

Heinen, DeBrusk, and McAvoy stole the show, but Grizz was very good I thought and Bjork looks like he’s getting back to where he was before the “upper body injury”.

Great game for the youngsters.

Grizz was super. Breaking the puck out of his own end along with the other defenseman.

I remember one play in particular how he quickly turned , what was going to be a Columbus chance into a Bruins in a matter of seconds. He's instant offense from 200 feet away. A scary talent!

Reactions: TCB
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad