Proposal: Dallas-Boston

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
No team would give up that much for JP. I like the guy always have, but he's simply not worth that much.

You can stand behind the proposal all you want, I assure you, no GM would.

you dont think hes worth a 1st a reclamation project and a b level prospect? How far off is that?

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011
pavelski is good. More specifically over the next few years. Certainly better than debrusk a 1st and lauko over the next 2

Ok, that's your opinion, mine is different, I don't think he gets that much, most people don't seem too either.

To say he will be good and somehow not regress at 37 or 38 is awfully presumptuous given, you know, precedent, history etc.

Reactions: Hookslide

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Thats hysterical....When did Pavelski turn into Messier.......My offer is this.....Studnincka and a 2

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Let me say this up front, I like Pavelski talented ,high ,energy, productive, fun player too watch . With that said you do not trade a young guy that has scored over 20 goals a year 24 year ols for a 36 year old making 7 mil a year .Some of these other proposals put out there are just as stupid , he is not getting you a first rounder. I do not want to insult any of the posters but I will anyways GO BACK AND WATCH BASKETBALL.........

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Let me say this up front, I like Pavelski talented ,high ,energy, productive, fun player too watch . With that said you do not trade a young guy that has scored over 20 goals a year 24 year ols for a 36 year old making 7 mil a year .Some of these other proposals put out there are just as stupid , he is not getting you a first rounder. I do not want to insult any of the posters but I will anyways GO BACK AND WATCH BASKETBALL.........
Yes lets talk about stupid
IF YOU WANT TO WATCH KIDS PLAY WATCH THE CHL.

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
When Dallas traded Jagr to Boston they got a Conditional 2nd that ended up being a 1st for a 40+ year old Jagr. Point being age doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to a talented player who is putting up good numbers at an older age.

Reactions: Groo

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
When Dallas traded Jagr to Boston they got a Conditional 2nd that ended up being a 1st for a 40+ year old Jagr. Point being age doesn't mean a whole lot when it comes to a talented player who is putting up good numbers at an older age.
Yes and how did that work out ? The Bruins back then were younger and could afford to take on a aged player , right now their core is aged sorry that argument does not stand and he was a rental , Pavelski carries another year at 7 mil and they have some young players contracts coming up that are going to needed to be addressed. Look like I said in my post love the player just not the cost.........

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Nucklehead Supreme

Jul 10, 2011

Age always matters, in every league in every sport, he is putting up good numbers in a shortened season with a small sample size,
remind me what his regular season numbers were last year again?...

Sounds like your looking at this with a bit of recency bias.

Jagr as a player was far more prolific than JP and as I have said before I like JP.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Bingo, your getting closer then previous proposal giving in this thread. The key word, conditional pick ONLY. Keep in mind that Jarg went to the Stanley cup final that year making it a first. Only big difference here is JP’$ 7 mil with another year on it. With a cap strap NHL you won’t see Boston going close of that contract. That’s just a plan old fact.

Reactions: Nucklehead Supreme

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Yes and how did that work out ? The Bruins back then were younger and could afford to take on a aged player , right now their core is aged sorry that argument does not stand and he was a rental , Pavelski carries another year at 7 mil and they have some young players contracts coming up that are going to needed to be addressed. Look like I said in my post love the player just not the cost.........

what players? whos coming up they need to address? Rask and krejci are off the books next year. Pavelski takes krejcis money. Carlo is the only player worth retaining and theyll have tons of money to do so.

it worked out fine they went to the finals. The fact pavelski isnt a rental makes him more expensive. Hes also much better than krejci at this stage and slots in krejcis spot next year. 2nd line center issue solved (or kicked down the road another year)

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Tentative yes from this Stars fan.....I do like DeBrusk, no clue who Lauko is though. Seems like he's doing ok in the AHL so far.

If the Stars keep trending upwards and make a late push then I doubt Pavs gets shopped, but if they start to plummet again I would hope that Jim Nill would fish around for the best possible landing spots.

He's never really been one to hoard draft picks though.....can't remember the last time Dallas traded for a first round pick.

History of NHL trades by the Dallas Stars - NHL Trade Tracker

2004 was the last time Dallas acquired another team's 1st round pick in a trade.

That's insane. :laugh:

I think they got a conditional 2nd for Jagr in 2013, which turned into a first when Boston reached the conference finals and used it to pick Jason Dickinson.

As to value, probably high most years, but some years, the TDL gets to be a huge sellers market, sometimes not. Recently big value like that has been uncommon.

There is some time between the trade deadline. Dallas will probably fall a bit more, and Pavs might prefer another chance to win a Cup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Pepper

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX

How did it work out? They reached conference finals, which is a nice playoff run.

Bobbybruins

Feb 19, 2018
Ok, to assume that JP is better then DK tells me you know nothing about the Bruins. You realize that Krejci had more point that Joe last year, you realize that Krejci add 12 point in 13 games to Joe 19 in 27 games. Better point per game, you realize that Krejci is two year younger then Joe and most important Krejci will re-signs with the Bruins for less then 7mil next year. You need to stop justifying your trade proposal and just carry on.

what players? whos coming up they need to address? Rask and krejci are off the books next year. Pavelski takes krejcis money. Carlo is the only player worth retaining and theyll have tons of money to do so.

it worked out fine they went to the finals. The fact pavelski isnt a rental makes him more expensive. Hes also much better than krejci at this stage and slots in krejcis spot next year. 2nd line center issue solved (or kicked down the road another year)

Reactions: Hookslide

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3